Melbourne Football

The Most Anticipated Derby in Melb Derby History. Sat 23/2 @ Marvel 7:50pm

Dylan

4 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

That is such an interesting space to watch - firstly, who takes over? Secondly, would they reinstate Bruno? I suspect they would not for a variety of reasons (match fitness, McLaren and looking ahead to next season etc.) Though the prospect of watching him for City once again is mouth watering.

Davutovic's article stated that Tony Vidmar has been nominated as Joyce's successor if the latter goes.

33 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Davutovic's article stated that Tony Vidmar has been nominated as Joyce's successor if the latter goes.

I wonder Vidmars take on 1. Current and future culture 2. Penalty of Bruno 3. Teams set up and style of play and 4. How much he is willing to shake shit up to give us a chance. We have the arsenal without the right strategy to be competitive. 

Edited by JMSTEP123

44 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

That is such an interesting space to watch - firstly, who takes over? Secondly, would they reinstate Bruno? I suspect they would not for a variety of reasons (match fitness, McLaren and looking ahead to next season etc.) Though the prospect of watching him for City once again is mouth watering.

I see no reason why Bruno doesn't come straight back in and we either play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 (Bruno as a number 10). It's purely personal with Joyce and the proof of that is Bruno hasn't been given the chance to improve his fitness, attitude etc and return to the squad. He was told months ago he was done? Why? Joyce is a fuck wit and he has a massive ego issue, thats why. Players with a little cunt are the ones that win you silverware, no one wins with a squad of castrated nice guys.

In terms of replacements, I actually think Patty would be the only bloke to have the balls to try something bold and play both Bruno and Jmac. Whats the alternative? Play 4-5-1 and win the most completed pass competition. 

Its so fucking frustrating that we have the team to do damage but we're completely soulless when it comes to attacking the opposition. What a shame.

6 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

I see no reason why Bruno doesn't come straight back in and we either play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 (Bruno as a number 10). It's purely personal with Joyce and the proof of that is Bruno hasn't been given the chance to improve his fitness, attitude etc and return to the squad. He was told months ago he was done? Why? Joyce is a fuck wit and he has a massive ego issue, thats why. Players with a little cunt are the ones that win you silverware, no one wins with a squad of castrated nice guys.

In terms of replacements, I actually think Patty would be the only bloke to have the balls to try something bold and play both Bruno and Jmac. Whats the alternative? Play 4-5-1 and win the most completed pass competition. 

Its so fucking frustrating that we have the team to do damage but we're completely soulless when it comes to attacking the opposition. What a shame.

I agree it is a shame. But I dont think Brunos issue was ever fitness - as far as I know he compromised a sponsorship deal and did not fulfil his contractual obligations. Would a new manager be able to go over and above CFGs intolerance of this in the persuit of winning? And also face the "gutless" comments it will get it Bruno comes back in. I dont doubt it will improve our chances, but the gamble wont pay off for CFG whose brand has been tainted by Brunos actions. Probably better to cut your losses and look ahead, especially given Brunos transfer is a done deal.

I hope I am wrong.

Edited by JMSTEP123

59 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

- as far as I know he compromised a sponsorship deal and did not fulfil his contractual obligations.

Where did this come from? First I have heard of this. Or is this just more propaganda leaking out to justify Wazza's and CFG's incompetence.

Or maybe it's just made up bullshit.

1 hour ago, JMSTEP123 said:

I agree it is a shame. But I dont think Brunos issue was ever fitness - as far as I know he compromised a sponsorship deal and did not fulfil his contractual obligations.

Would you mind to emphasise this a little more?

The rumour was that Bruno broken the agreed rules among players which were agreed at the start of the season plus refusing to be benched.

What you say, would be an offence to have him released from his contract, avoiding having to pay him. 

18 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Would you mind to emphasise this a little more?

The rumour was that Bruno broken the agreed rules among players which were agreed at the start of the season plus refusing to be benched.

What you say, would be an offence to have him released from his contract, avoiding having to pay him. 

That is what has been most publicised yes. From what I have heard it was not the only breach. And I would expand on it more but I have said literally everything I know. The issue has been very tightly kept. Skinfolds and training attitudes are not enough to bench a marquee and star player for a full season.

25 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Where did this come from? First I have heard of this. Or is this just more propaganda leaking out to justify Wazza's and CFG's incompetence.

Or maybe it's just made up bullshit.

It could be CFG bullshit leak. I have not heard first hand source but this is what has trickled out of the club. 

I see evidence implicit in Joyces presser regarding "sleeping at night knowing the truth and not getting caught up in media spin" as well as a few other little things that give it more weight - especially the stated crime V punishment and Brunos silencing on the issue not being allowed to make any formal statements. I am sure the truth will come out on day.

As well as players committing to the players and club, they also have made a committment to the brand and this was tainted by some actions that occured. I dont know the details, nor can I know this is 100% what happened either.

Either way, fuck Joyce. Go City.

Edited by JMSTEP123

So it's now alleged that Bruno "compromised a sponsorship deal and did not fulfil his contractual obligations." Previously, and publicly (Scott Jamieson) he had "been unprofessional" on more than two occasions. However, he has continues to train with the squad, there was a rumour that he played in a practice match against Sydney United 58 a couple of weeks a go, he still wears the club suit and tie, and sits in the stand at matches with his City i.d tag around his neck. Both Jamieson and Luke Brattan have said that they hoped the situation can be resolved (or words to that effect).

Something does not add up here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

So it's now alleged that Bruno "compromised a sponsorship deal and did not fulfil his contractual obligations." Previously, and publicly (Scott Jamieson) he had "been unprofessional" on more than two occasions. However, he has continues to train with the squad, there was a rumour that he played in a practice match against Sydney United 58 a couple of weeks a go, he still wears the club suit and tie, and sits in the stand at matches with his City i.d tag around his neck. Both Jamieson and Luke Brattan have said that they hoped the situation can be resolved (or words to that effect).

Yes the truth of the matter has been well hidden from public. I suspect CFG were strong in this department as to not taint the brands image. The offence, however, serious enough to bench him for the season and transfer him out of the squad. Players were initially told it was skinfolds and fitness and thus not taken to QLD. However as time has worn on the more obvious it has become that not even the finest and fittest Bruno could have made his way back into the playing squad - what made this sensible at the time was in the lead up Bruno had not been in great form anyway and it bought some time for the club to sort through whatever events occured.

I want to make it clear I am not stirring up shit. Bruno made me fall in love with this club and he had been and still is my favourite player. He has done so much for us and is not deserving of his treatment. I suspect CFG have dealt with it as best as they could as not to destroy his career (as a gesture of thanks) whilst not simultaneously destroying the CFG brand - thus skinfolds. Brunos silence but acceptance of this situation I think marks that the club has managed the situation with Bruno and are just looking at going on instead of dwelling on the past - especially in this year of apparent "cultural change".

Edited by JMSTEP123

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Agree.

If it was that bad then the club would come out and say it to appease the members and supporters and demonstrate it was justifies to lock Bruno out, but I would say it is petty and the members and supporters would chastise the club if the truth came out and it makes sense that false propaganda is being leaked to keep us guessing.

Anyway let's just hope Wazza, Munn and Petrillo are not there for next season as it's the only hope I have ATM.

1 minute ago, playmaker said:

Agree.

If it was that bad then the club would come out and say it to appease the members and supporters and demonstrate it was justifies to lock Bruno out, but I would say it is petty and the members and supporters would chastise the club if the truth came out and it makes sense that false propaganda is being leaked to keep us guessing.

Anyway let's just hope Wazza, Munn and Petrillo are not there for next season as it's the only hope I have ATM.

Yes this makes sense too. With CFG removing Joyceout signs and misinformation leaking from the club I swear we are living in Soviet Russia.

1 hour ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Yes the truth of the matter has been well hidden from public. I suspect CFG were strong in this department as to not taint the brands image. The offence, however, serious enough to bench him for the season and transfer him out of the squad. Players were initially told it was skinfolds and fitness and thus not taken to QLD. However as time has worn on the more obvious it has become that not even the finest and fittest Bruno could have made his way back into the playing squad - what made this sensible at the time was in the lead up Bruno had not been in great form anyway and it bought some time for the club to sort through whatever events occured.

I want to make it clear I am not stirring up shit. Bruno made me fall in love with this club and he had been and still is my favourite player. He has done so much for us and is not deserving of his treatment. I suspect CFG have dealt with it as best as they could as not to destroy his career (as a gesture of thanks) whilst not simultaneously destroying the CFG brand - thus skinfolds. Brunos silence but acceptance of this situation I think marks that the club has managed the situation with Bruno and are just looking at going on instead of dwelling on the past - especially in this year of apparent "cultural change".

I don't think I've ever read so much garbage. I call bullshit on this one. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I think that the CFG 'brand image' is not worth much to many City supporters

CFG though Man City had a bigger presence in Oz then they actually do. 

Wonder what could of been had the club been bought by a powerhouse ie: Liverpool, United, Arsenal who have a massive presence in Australia 🤔

Edited by AntiScum