Melbourne Football

The Most Anticipated Derby in Melb Derby History. Sat 23/2 @ Marvel 7:50pm

Dylan

Wont be surprised if we manage to somehow pull a result (draw I would say).  Flip and coin.  Play players in their positions and who knows what will happen.

Galekovic

richie   Bort    Delbo    Jamo

Grififfiths

Brattan

Mcgree

Harrison    Jmac   Wales

pump the long balls!!! fk em with pace.   I do believe baccus is not able to play an attacking ball.  Griffiths to reinjure honda, mcgree to score the winner, Broxham to get sent off.

Call me silly but I have more hope this week than what I did for Xmas Derby, especially if Toivonen is still out

It won't be at all pretty, but we might come out of this with a draw

Here are the 11 players I'd like to play, I've given up trying to put them in position

Birighitti, DeLaet, Jamieson, Delbridge, Schenkeveld, Griffiths, Harrison, Baccus, Wales, Brattan, Maclaren 

5 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Now that its pretty much public that if we have a bad performance etc Joyce is gone. Will be interesting to see if the players 'play for the manager' or down tools to get him sacked.

I hate nothing more than seeing players not give their all just to get rid of a manager.

The damage has already been done - whether it's this week or the next or whenever, Joyce is gone. 

The players need to give their 100% at all times and if it isn't enough for the result, then so be it.

Downing tools is pathetic imo and totally disrespectful to themselves, their team mates, the club they play for and especially us - we expect and deserve to see better than pirma donna Pogba style behaviour out there.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rass said:

I hate nothing more than seeing players not give their all just to get rid of a manager.

The damage has already been done - whether it's this week or the next or whenever, Joyce is gone. 

The players need to give their 100% at all times and if it isn't enough for the result, then so be it.

Downing tools is pathetic imo and totally disrespectful to themselves, their team mates, the club they play for and especially us - we expect and deserve to see better than pirma donna Pogba style behaviour out there.

Yeah well you are welcome to beleive all of that. But this kind of things happens all the time

2 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Yeah well you are welcome to beleive all of that. But this kind of things happens all the time

So that makes it right does it?

You think we should all rock up to Etihad on Saturday and get right behind the boys to throw a game?

That's pathetic sorry. 

42 minutes ago, rass said:

So that makes it right does it?

You think we should all rock up to Etihad on Saturday and get right behind the boys to throw a game?

That's pathetic sorry. 

Well I do not dont hold on to some high minded value that says that its not right or its pathetic. I prefer to be a lot more pragmatic and not be morally pure. So if it helps the club in the long run, fine by me.

But I will be honest, yes I want us to lose as its the only situation in which we have public information that it will result in Joyce going. Now you might say above, that he is going to go anyway and it doesnt matter. Well, the difference there is there is no information suggesting that, its just a hunch.

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ritchie De LAET, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c), 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Riley MCGREE, 9.Shayon HARRISON, 10.Dario VIDOSIC, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 15.Kearyn BACCUS, 18.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 19.Lachlan WALES, 22.Curtis GOOD, 25.Iacopo LA ROCCA, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER, 29.Jamie MACLAREN

**two to be omitted**

Ins: 10.Dario VIDOSIC (promoted), 25.Iacopo LA ROCCA (promoted)

Outs: nil

Unavailable: nil

Edited by Harrison

8 hours ago, rass said:

I don't think that you can make that claim. There is a line that says the player is not up to it (skill wise or mentally) or basically the coach is crap thus leading to worse results. And the latter may not have much to do with the attitude or effort that the players put in. Case in point is PG new coach, basically same team and what a difference. The other case is City with a bad coach.

8 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

I don't think that you can make that claim. There is a line that says the player is not up to it (skill wise or mentally) or basically the coach is crap thus leading to worse results. And the latter may not have much to do with the attitude or effort that the players put in. Case in point is PG new coach, basically same team and what a difference. The other case is City with a bad coach.

I've always found it very hard to believe that players would deliberately not make the effort required to win a particular match (or two or three) just to make a point about what they collectively think about a manager.

On the other hand though, some of our results against lowly or weak teams have raised questions in my mind.

24 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I've always found it very hard to believe that players would deliberately not make the effort required to win a particular match (or two or three) just to make a point about what they collectively think about a manager.

On the other hand though, some of our results against lowly or weak teams have raised questions in my mind.

I don't think it woupd be a conscious dicision, but it is very hard to be motivated under someone who is incompetent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, malloy said:

I don't think it woupd be a conscious dicision, but it is very hard to be motivated under someone who is incompetent.

To be a professional sportsperson you have to be competitive by nature,  but if you don'y have the right mindset then touches or shots just don't happen, it takes a special someone who can self motivate, there are very few who can dig themselves out of a hole once there by themselves.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rass said:

Not sure about that.

I'm just saying that whilst most people think victory will completely belt us because apparently they're the best team of all time, I don't think that's the case and as such, won't happen.

I agree with you that Victory is really overrated, but you cannot ignore how shit we are. In saying that we won't get smashed, but we won't score. 

I'm hoping we can draw and it being a very dour 0:0. Then atleast we can finish the season knowing we didn't lose to the tards.

So I've got the feeling it will be another game similar to the Perth game.

Edited by Jovan
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Jovan said:

I agree with you that Victory is really overrated, but you cannot ignore how shit we are. 

They’ve only won three more games than us. The gap seems a lot bigger than it is, especially if we pinch it tonight. 

But it’s their quality in the front third that concerns me. Toivonen, Honda, Barbarouses and Troisi are all very good footballers at this level. 

Victory have scored the second-most goals this season so our defence and midfield is in for a huge night. 

1 hour ago, HeartFc said:

Hurts to say this but is a heavy loss the best thing for the club as a whole right now?

If we cop 3 or 4 against Victory surely Joyce will be on the verge. 

I felt this all week, until this morning. 

Joyce is gone regardless of the result tonight, a heavy loss and probably this week, if not it will be in the next few weeks. 

I just don't want to lose let alone a smashing. 

I'm hoping for a dour 0:0.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I felt this all week, until this morning. 

Joyce is gone regardless of the result tonight, a heavy loss and probably this week, if not it will be in the next few weeks. 

I just don't want to lose let alone a smashing. 

I'm hoping for a dour 0:0.

Knowing this club I'm not convinced they've decided on Joyce yet, plus a heavy loss could mean he resigns. You'd think Patty would be given the rest of the season, Bruno comes straight back in and we're sneaky dark horse for the dunny lid. 

13 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

Knowing this club I'm not convinced they've decided on Joyce yet, plus a heavy loss could mean he resigns. You'd think Patty would be given the rest of the season, Bruno comes straight back in and we're sneaky dark horse for the dunny lid. 

That is such an interesting space to watch - firstly, who takes over? Secondly, would they reinstate Bruno? I suspect they would not for a variety of reasons (match fitness, McLaren and looking ahead to next season etc.) Though the prospect of watching him for City once again is mouth watering.