Melbourne Football

Rd. 19 - Fri. 15th February 2019 vs. Newcastle, Away, 7.50 pm.

jw1739

2 hours ago, belaguttman said:

Yes, that was his highlights reel, however, Berenguer also missed a sitter, often ran into no space, regularly turned over the ball. I expect better from an import. He's played as a winger and has zero goals

Not saying he was errorless but to single him out is a very harsh considering the very good things he did which were potential match winners if Mcgree wasn't so poor.

Regardless, 'Wazza needs to go' is the supporter consensus and this is definitely truth. Enough is enough as he has lost his players, the supporters, and the club is a shambles.

Based on what I saw of the player's demeanor I think we will struggle to hold onto any of them for next season, so it would be a good decision to install an unconnected manager and give him free licence to get things in order so we have a core of quality players to build on for next season.

What a waste of 2 seasons.

Cultural change? Yeah right.

Absolute destruction is a more accurate description.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Not saying he was errorless but to single him out is a very harsh considering the very good things he did which were potential match winners if Mcgree wasn't so poor.

Regardless, 'Wazza needs to go' is the supporter consensus and this is definitely truth. Enough is enough as he has lost his players, the supporters, and the club is a shambles.

Based on what I saw of the player's demeanor I think we will struggle to hold onto any of them for next season, so it would be a good decision to install an unconnected manager and give him free licence to get things in order so we have a core of quality players to build on for next season.

Cultural change? Yeah right.

Absolute destruction is a more accurate description.

They won’t let Wazza go - that cost money.

I’m not sure why you are always taking it up for failed visa signings every year - Koren, Budzinski and now this lightweight. At least you are consistent.

Just now, Mr MO said:

They won’t let Wazza go - that cost money.

I’m not sure why you are always taking it up for failed visa signings every year - Koren, Budzinski and now this lightweight. At least you are consistent.

The failure is in the club signing the wrong player for the purpose.

Signing any player and consistently playing them out of position is unforgivable.

Budzinski had close to the best attacking stats but never got played.

Florin and Brattan were the only players worth mentioning in our performance last night as they at least tried to assemble some sort of creativity up forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

I’m not renewing if Wazza is re-signed too. I hate watching his teams play so might as well save my cash.

#bringbackJohnny #surelyhesluckynow 

more seriously we don’t have to go to the UK to find a second rate coach. How about signing a first rate Australian as an idea?

Wouldn’t mind Rudan 

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

I am seriously concerned that that is the best case scenario.

Joyce has played the game out of so many players, if not all to an extent. We have no idea how to create, and capitalising on our creation is just a pipe-dream.

I think we may find this will take time to coach out of the players, coaching staff and support staff - his legacy will live on!

He is the A-league equivalent of Mark Neeld. Just get the bloke away from the club ASAP.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, CityHeart said:

I think we may find this will take time to coach out of the players, coaching staff and support staff - his legacy will live on!

Exactly, and hence the urgency of getting rid of him now to undo what he has done before the next season starts just so our good players might just re-sign.

Edited by playmaker

My squad for next week if made gaffer. 

Tuna.      Macca

Harry

McGree.              Bratts 

Griffith

Jamo.    Bart.   Deli.       De Laet

Euge

bench:

Curtis

Outlaw

Bacchus

Flobb

Biri

Comments.

i prefer 433 but with no wingers worth mentioning it makes no sense. The 2 fullbacks have big tanks so can get up and back.

main things I’ll be looking for is in general speedy ball movement in particular fast transition. With 2 of the best strikers to grace the A League we will be a force to be reckoned with.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Tuna.      Macca

Harry

Griffith

Euge

bench:

Curtis

Outlaw

Bacchus

Flobb

Biri

Comments.

i prefer 433 but with no wingers worth mentioning it makes no sense. The 2 fullbacks have big tanks so can get up and back.

main things I’ll be looking for is in general speedy ball movement in particular fast transition. With 2 of the best strikers to grace the A League we will be a force to be reckoned with.

Ridiculously good on paper & exactly what we should be fielding if we are legitimate about success

I don't think Galekovic justifies his position. Doesn't spread himself enough in one-on-ones.

38 minutes ago, dconder13 said:

Ridiculously good on paper & exactly what we should be fielding if we are legitimate about success

I think the problem is that we know that winning the next match isn't necessarily the primary objective - there are other items on the agenda. Number One being leaving Bruno on the sidelines for unspecified "unprofessionalism."

If Popovic can work with Keogh, Muscat with Berisha, and Merrick with O'Donovan - all three players being utter pricks - then Joyce should be able to work with Bruno. Golden Boot Winner, and Team Captain who took us to our only men's trophy so far.

Tuna.      Macca

Harry

Griffith

Euge

bench:

Curtis

Outlaw

Bacchus

Flobb

Biri

Comments.

IMO a Committee of 3-5 experienced people from this Forum could get more out of the rest of the season than the current City management will.

• Like 1

It’s all been said already. 

What I found most interesting was listening to the Fox Sports commentators discussing our players being played out of position. Then, Simon Hill asked Joyce about it in the presser and Joyce evaded the question. 

It’s such a fundamental part of management that he is getting wrong. We started with Delbridge at RB, De Laet at RM and Berenguer at LM, which is all wrong. Delbridge kept trying impossible crosses as if he’s David Beckham and Berenguer seems to think that wide players must hug the touch line and float crosses in with every chance. They just don’t look comfortable there. 

It truly is bizarre and it must be so frustrating for the players, who themselves look confused and ineffective. 

• Like 1

Tuna.      Macca

Harry

Griffith

Euge

FFS. THIS please! 

• I'm done with Backarse. Full stop. (He's a futsal player.)
  • Donkey Delbrigde MUST stay central. (If he tries to play a long ball, suspend him for a month).
  • Bruno and Jmac upfront makes me semi. 
  • Mcgree/Brats are our 2 most creative FORWARD thinking mids. 
  • Griff is the patrolling brut who can ping em from distance if needed (something Backarse cannot do).
  • Our full backs can overlap and run all day (both their best traits). 

Makes too much sense but one fat cunt manc ego is more important than winning the league.

The frustrating thing for me is we play 433 yet we don’t sign wingers and those we do, we don’t play. 

Doing my head in.

im wondering what mysteries of football I’ve missed!

ps I remember when Arnold started at CCM, he played a Diamond 442. Journo (in jest) “don’t you like the Dutch styles Arnie” (as he’d been assistant to Veerbeek).

Arnie: “well the squad I had had no wingers so ... etc”

Its not rocket science.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Tuna.      Macca

Harry

Griffith

Euge

bench:

Curtis

Outlaw

Bacchus

Flobb

Biri

Comments.

With just 8 matches to go, the reason I would do the above - except with Birighitti in place of Galekovic - is that if we persist with what we've done recently we'll end up 5th, 6th or quite possibly 7th, and if we do play finals we'll be playing (away) either Victory, Sydney, Phoenix or Newcastle, all of whom will almost certainly tip us out in the quarters.

If we roll the dice and do the above, and it fails, then we lose nothing. However, if it works we might start winning again and garner enough points to crawl into 4th and a home final.

To me we've got nothing to lose by changing things around.

• Like 1

This is probably the most worrying thing, we're 19 games into season and theae are the players that I trust and I think fully deserve a starting spot DeLaet, Schenkeveld, Delbridge (as a CB), Brattan, Maclaren. That's 5 players and one of them only came last week. The rest is up in the air and each week we come up with a different combination of Griffiths, baccus, McGree, Wales, Berenguer, Harrison but I'm absolutely none the wiser to knowing which one is most effective 

27 minutes ago, neio said:

This is probably the most worrying thing, we're 19 games into season and theae are the players that I trust and I think fully deserve a starting spot DeLaet, Schenkeveld, Delbridge (as a CB), Brattan, Maclaren. That's 5 players and one of them only came last week. The rest is up in the air and each week we come up with a different combination of Griffiths, baccus, McGree, Wales, Berenguer, Harrison but I'm absolutely none the wiser to knowing which one is most effective 

To me it’s a philosophical thing.  Whilst I expect all 11 players to have a role in defence, I don’t want more than 6 (gk, back 4 & Dm having it as their main focus.

joyce ball definitely has 7 and arguably 8 (as I don’t consider his sides play with a genuine #10, more like 3 x #6). One of our main problems under Joyce is that the so called #10 (best described as the advanced #6) is very conservative on the ball because he doesn’t want to lose possession, but that approach means it’s impossible to break down opposition because to do that you need to be aggressive and take risks. 

Rather I would want the back 4 and DM to be conservative (because of the consequences of mistakes) and the others to be progressively more aggressive as you move up the pitch.

With that in mind, it means I can’t have Bacchus and Griffith in the same side.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, neio said:

And that, my friend, is where we are at.

After 19, season coming to an end and we are in utter shambles. God help us come Derby day.

23 hours ago, playmaker said:

Ha ha, he got totally triggered with that question. See his eyes, MKUltra- like.

Pretty scary tbh, but he is a nice bloke apparently, fruit loop is a more accurate description.

Nice Blokes DO NOT win anything we need a genuine experienced coach to turn things around.

• Like 1