Melbourne Football

Rd. 19 - Fri. 15th February 2019 vs. Newcastle, Away, 7.50 pm.

jw1739

We are shite. simple.

Cannot believe these people get payed to play like that.  No clue what they do at training.

I can 100% guarantee I am a better player than florian.  I can cross better than Jamo at a bare minimum.

Its depressing seeing us bottle every single chance, cross and passage of play.  The goal was as jammy as one could get.

For the poor souls that travelled for that, I offer my condolences.  

13 minutes ago, Habitual said:

I doubt the Greens would even argue to keep Joyce in Australia!

As a member of The Greens, I can tell you that it's official Greens policy to sack him

7 minutes ago, neio said:

Unfortunately I dunno why anyone is surprised, I've become so used to these kind of performances that I can see it coming after about 2 minutes 

Yes, it's uncanny how you can predict the type of performance by the 5 minute mark of almost all our games. It hasn't changed under #JoyceOut

how on earth can you be involved in the sport for so long, yet structurally put together such continual abominations.

He can only be a ManUre troll. Surely.

Barring a serious psychological disorder, not sure anyone could be this bad at coaching/player management and general positioning. What an embarrassing situation the club has on its hands.

• Like 2

Not surprised, not disappointed. It's exactly the type of performance that I was expecting us to put in, and, unfortunately, I wasn't disappointed

Positves:

Good performance by the ref tonight, one of the better HAL ref performances

Negatives:

Delbridge is as clueless as an RB, as Good was as a DM last week

Berenguer is getting worse every game, #JoyceOut persists with him

Jamieson can't cross, he's had one good pass in the front third all season

Delivery to Maclaren is almost non-existent

Harrison no better than our own youth players, I'd rather see them

Tactically inept performance from #JoyceOut, the team was unbalanced in the first half with no adjustment. We were shapeless and had no discernable attacking plan. Ball speed was slow, player movement was slow, we were regularly overloaded in defence, didn't create a single attacking overload

Players looked confused on the pitch, with little idea about what to do or where to run

Just another routine #JoyceOut performance

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, belaguttman said:

Berenguer is getting worse every game,

What?

He set up Bratten to assist JMac, he put the ball on McGree's head, he had 4 shots on goal, bossed the left wing and put dangerous balls into the box all night.

I would be picking on another 7 players before he even gets considered for being even close to bad.

Mcgree is horrendous, wants to dribble everyone in sight, doesn't look up to see passing options, turned over the ball twice for the 2 goals they score after it was 1-1.

Gets the perfect ball from Florin to score a header from 1 metre out and misses.

Single handedly lost us the game.

Get rid of him.

He has had enough chances.

Edited by playmaker

6 hours ago, playmaker said:

What?

He set up Bratten to assist JMac, he put the ball on McGree's head, he had 4 shots on goal, bossed the left wing and put dangerous balls into the box all night.

I would be picking on another 7 players before he even gets considered for being even close to bad.

Mcgree is horrendous, wants to dribble everyone in sight, doesn't look up to see passing options, turned over the ball twice for the 2 goals they score after it was 1-1.

Gets the perfect ball from Florin to score a header from 1 metre out and misses.

Get rid of him.

I agree, I thought Berenguer's second half in particular was good and s big improvement on last week.

McGree is a shadow of his potential at the moment.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, fensaddler said:

Very honest post match interview. 

It's the most deflated I've seen him, didnt talk positives or the usual BS. I reckon he's gone and that interview shows it

Nobody is playing with confidence, nobody knows what to do in the front 3rd, they all look chained and shackled, players are not on the same wavelength and some English bloke does nothing all game and doesnt get hooked till it's to late. #JOYCEOUT 

Hope City Terrace have been sorting out a ripping #JOYCEOUT chant for the Derby because I'll be balls deep in there and letting rip. #JOYCEOUT

PS....

#JOYCEOUT

Edited by HeartOfCity
Had a long hard think and added

35 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

It's the most deflated I've seen him, didnt talk positives or the usual BS. I reckon he's gone and that interview shows it

Nobody is playing with confidence, nobody knows what to do in the front 3rd, they all look chained and shackled, players are not on the same wavelength and some English bloke does nothing all game and doesnt get hooked till it's to late. #JOYCEOUT 

Hope City Terrace have been sorting out a ripping #JOYCEOUT chant for the Derby because I'll be balls deep in there and letting rip. #JOYCEOUT

PS....

#JOYCEOUT

I was actually referring to Jamieson's post match when I wrote that. He looked and sounded really, genuinely upset. He wasn't covering it up. Essentially we're crap and we're in trouble. Wazza looked haunted in his interview. They all know that last night was when any pretence died. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, playmaker said:

What?

Yes, that was his highlights reel, however, Berenguer also missed a sitter, often ran into no space, regularly turned over the ball. I expect better from an import. He's played as a winger and has zero goals

Edited by belaguttman

6 minutes ago, Heart of Melbourne said:

Me to 

I know this is a forum and 94% of what people post is horeshit but I can't continue. 

The oldest a 16 year old has turned the dark side my youngest is not interested, she only liked the sausages and the rest are pretty much over it. I have brought in a few others over the past few seasons and feel responsible for ruining their weekends on a regular basis.

If Joyce remains next season I'm not renewing a 6 family membership and 5 others will walk too.

8 hours ago, playmaker said:

What?

Get rid of him.

As harsh but true are your assessments, these players don't just turn shite overnight!! Wazza has absolutely no clue what so ever to what his doing. Would love to see certain players under someone who knows what they're doing!!! 

44 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

I was actually referring to Jamieson's post match when I wrote that. He looked and sounded really, genuinely upset. He wasn't covering it up. Essentially we're crap and we're in trouble. Wazza looked haunted in his interview. They all know that last night was when any pretence died. 

Ah ok, Jamieson is great like that, no glossing over anything.