Melbourne Football

Rd. 18 - Sat. 9th February 2019 vs. Adelaide, AAMI, 7.50 pm.

jw1739

7 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Best XI time for mine.

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Hugene
RDL Bort Delbo Jamo
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Baccus
McGreeĀ  Ā  Ā  Brattan
WalesĀ  Ā  Ā JmacĀ  Harro

Birra Florin Dario Griffiths Atkinson

Yes agree. Why is McGree playing on a wing lately? He is a hardĀ running midfielder with an eye for a creative pass.Ā Ā And itā€™s so obvious Wales is better when we plays wide. Wazza doing my head innnn

Edited by dconder13
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dconder13 said:

Yes agree. Why is McGree playing on a wing lately? He is a run running midfielder with an eye for a creative pass.Ā Ā And itā€™s so obvious Wales is better when we plays wide. Wazza doing my head innnn

Pretty much cos we had heaps of mids and no wingers. Hopefully thats sorted now.

37 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Best XI time for mine.

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Hugene
RDL Bort Delbo Jamo
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Baccus
McGreeĀ  Ā  Ā  Brattan
WalesĀ  Ā  Ā JmacĀ  Harro

Birra Florin Dario Griffiths Atkinson

Baccus is suspended this week

18 minutes ago, neio said:

Baccus is suspended this week

Didn't realise that. But honestly, IMO he's not a big loss on recent form. He's been caught in possession a lot and also is passing has been poor. Delbridge is on 7, so one more and he'll miss a further match with one more yellow.

23 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Didn't realise that. But honestly, IMO he's not a big loss on recent form. He's been caught in possession a lot and also is passing has been poor. Delbridge is on 7, so one more and he'll miss a further match with one more yellow.

He needs the week off I think, every other midfielder got a game off over the January period. He played 90 every game and IMO does the most amount of work in the team. He looks tired I think, so not the worst thing he has an enforced break

• Like 1

Not sure about this one, we start with a striker for the first time since Round 5, but it's a striker that hasn't played with the team. We have the same coach, same tactics, same players out of position. Ā Perhaps, a draw.

The highlight would be our first goal scored in 3 matches (this being the 3rd match). Happy times.

2 hours ago, citypool said:

This is the game that a guy on Facebook encourages everyone to bring a mate to boost the attendance. At least his trying..Ā 

Adelaide are just as up and down as we are and they didnā€™t have a striker for most of the season so should be interestingĀ 

At least the guy is making an effort. Good on him. I'm bringing 3 extras.Ā 

Let's win this and get some excitement back into the fans.

Edited by Tony999
  • Like 3

Adelaide are crap.

We should destroy these chumps with JMac.

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Eugene
RDLĀ Ā Ā Ā  BartĀ Ā Ā Ā  Robocop Ā Ā  Jamo
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā  Griff Ā  Ā  Bratts
McGreeĀ  Ā Ā Ā  Florin Ā Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Harrison
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  JMacĀ 

Ā 

3-1 win.

Ā 

Edited by playmaker

45 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Adelaide a crap.

Ā 

3-1 win.

Ā 

Harrison won't start

Just now, Afif Adam said:

Harrison won't start

and delbridge suspendedĀ 

Baccus has 5 yellow cards so he will serve his 1-match suspension this round.

Delbridge is 1 yellow card away from another suspension.

De Laet andĀ Jamieson are also 1 yellow card away from a suspension. If they make it through to round 21 without receiving one, then theĀ number of yellow cardsĀ for a suspensionĀ rises to 8.Ā 

That applies to everyone butĀ it resets for the Finals Series.Ā 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Baccus has 5 yellow cards so he will serve his 1-match suspension this round.

Delbridge is 1 yellow card away from another suspension.

De Laet andĀ Jamieson are also 1 yellow card away from a suspension. If they make it through to round 21 without receiving one, then theĀ number of yellow cardsĀ for a suspensionĀ rises to 8.Ā 

That applies to everyone butĀ it resets for the Finals Series.Ā 

remember JVS's last season with us , 5 suspensions against roar and we came back from 2 down , Nicky Colazoooooo

42 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

remember JVS's last season with us , 5 suspensions against roar and we came back from 2 down , Nicky Colazoooooo

Valkanis was the coach at the time. We had 9 players out with either suspension or injury. The young lads did a great job that game.

• Like 1

Galekovic

De Laet/Schenkeveld/Delbridge/Jamieson

Berenguer/Griffiths/Brattan

Wales/Maclaren/Harrison

---

Wales needs to move to a wing and I'd give Harrison a start.Ā I'm sure that Vidosic will be in strong contention for a starting spot too.

Single pivot in midfield withĀ Berenguer and Brattan more advanced.Ā 

I'd be tempted to give Good a start instead of Delbridge. Birighitti should be in the conversation too but he hasn't played a competitive match in a long time.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

Hmmm doesĀ Pierias deserve a start?

Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Eugene
PieriasĀ  Ā  Ā  Florin Ā Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Harrison

Ā 

looks solid enough

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Galekovic

De Laet/Schenkeveld/Delbridge/Jamieson

Berenguer/Griffiths/Brattan

Wales/Maclaren/Harrison

---

Wales needs to move to a wing and I'd give Harrison a start.Ā I'm sure that Vidosic will be in strong contention for a starting spot too.

Single pivot in midfield withĀ Berenguer and Brattan more advanced.Ā 

I'd be tempted to give Good a start instead of Delbridge. Birighitti should be in the conversation too but he hasn't played a competitive match in a long time.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

On what basis would you be tempted to play good over Delbridge? Delbridge has been fantastic all season, last week was probably his worst game and I didn't think he was that bad

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, neio said:

On what basis would you be tempted to play good over Delbridge? Delbridge has been fantastic all season, last week was probably his worst game and I didn't think he was that bad

I agree. It was his worst game.Ā 

He was asleep for the first goal. Awful positioning and then a lameĀ challenge.Ā 

Heā€™s been one of our best players all season but he looks fatigued andĀ needs a spell.Ā 

3 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Not sure about this odd idea of benching Delbridge and Galekovic tbh.
Theyre arguably winning our POTY at the minute with Bart.

Itā€™s a chance of happening.Ā 

Birighitti is only a small chance though because he hasnā€™t played any competitive football in a while.Ā 

Delbridge was poor IMO and looks leggy. He might be rested.Ā 

21 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Itā€™s a chance of happening.Ā 

Birighitti is only a small chance though because he hasnā€™t played any competitive football in a while.Ā 

Delbridge was poor IMO and looks leggy. He might be rested.Ā 

No chance imo. Galekovic hasnt even really made an error with the gloves since the Newcastle one.
But football is a game of opinions.

Edited by bt50

27 minutes ago, bt50 said:

No chance imo. Galekovic hasnt even really made an error with the gloves since the Newcastle one.
But football is a game of opinions.

I think MB has a 10Ā per cent chance of being selected. The lack of minutes counts heavily against him and rightly so. Heā€™d be too rusty. Thereā€™s a small chance though.

EG has been good but now there doesnā€™t seem to be any competition for the spot, which isnā€™t ideal.Ā 

Itā€™s a shame because MB is a very good keeper at this level and we probably wonā€™t see him at all this season.Ā 

8 hours ago, playmaker said:

Adelaide are crap.

Ā 

3-1 win.

Ā 

He will not start Harrison, he is a smoke screen. Someone brought in to appease the supporters. He has had very little football over the past 2 years and that was mostly as a sub in the English 3rd and 4th tier. I also recall a post stating he was injured for a long period this season andĀ  played minimum football for QPR development squad.Ā 

4411, Adelaide like to play down the wings.Ā Jamieson hasn't been his best and Pierias looked as good there last time as on the right.Ā Frenchy and Wales to cut inside, or to play narrow with the FB's the main outlet for crosses (though obviously if the opportunity or space is there, ping one in for Maccas to run onto), otherwise their job is to press their FB's. Press from the front andĀ let the CB have the ball, non of their backline are good passers and might end up lumping it, but put pressure on everyone else (especially Isais), compress the space, no one on their team is blindingly fast, maybe only Millineusnic (whatever his name is) and we should be able to keep up with long balls over the top, Bart and De Leat are no slouchers.

Eugene

De Leat Delbo BartĀ Pierias

Frenchy Griffiths Brattan Wales

McGree

Maclaren

Ā 

Subs: Birrighitti, Good, Baccus, Vidosic, Harrison.

Edited by moops

17 minutes ago, moops said:

4411, Adelaide like to play down the wings.Ā Jamieson hasn't been his best and Pierias looked as good there last time as on the right.Ā Frenchy and Wales to cut inside, or to play narrow with the FB's the main outlet for crosses (though obviously if the opportunity or space is there, ping one in for Maccas to run onto), otherwise their job is to press their FB's. Press from the front andĀ let the CB have the ball, non of their backline are good passers and might end up lumping it, but put pressure on everyone else (especially Isais), compress the space, no one on their team is blindingly fast, maybe only Millineusnic (whatever his name is) and we should be able to keep up with long balls over the top, Bart and De Leat are no slouchers.

Eugene

De Leat Delbo BartĀ Pierias

Frenchy Griffiths Brattan Wales

McGree

Maclaren

Ā 

Subs: Birrighitti, Good, Baccus, Vidosic, Harrison.

Jamieson dropped from the squad no chance.Ā 

30 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

He will not start Harrison, he is a smoke screen. Someone brought in to appease the supporters.Ā 

Gosh this is such rubbish... Let's bring someone in from the other side of the world just to appease supporters.... Funny, how does that work when in the same breath you say the club doesn't care about its supporters?

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

He will not start Harrison, he is a smoke screen. Someone brought in to appease the supporters. He has had very little football over the past 2 years and that was mostly as a sub in the English 3rd and 4th tier. I also recall a post stating he was injured for a long period this season andĀ  played minimum football for QPR development squad.Ā 

Bullshit. Check your facts man. And QPR doesn't come into his equation.

• Like 1