Melbourne Football

Season's over. We now know where we are at. Start planning for 2019/20 now

Jovan

I don't know what you're all worried about. We've just announced a partnership with Lotus Living to bring football to Melbourne's new communities. And the first community clinic will be at Wyndham Vale, which AFAIK is close to Tarneit...

We have to get our priorities right, you know.

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/melbourne-city-fc-partners-lotus-living-bring-football-new-melbourne-communities

18 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I don't know what you're all worried about. We've just announced a partnership with Lotus Living to bring football to Melbourne's new communities. And the first community clinic will be at Wyndham Vale, which AFAIK is close to Tarneit...

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/melbourne-city-fc-partners-lotus-living-bring-football-new-melbourne-communities

just doing the marketing for Western Melbourne that's all. This club is delusional.

:droy:

Edited by playmaker

33 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Indeed.  The new West Melbourne stadium will be midway between Tarneit and Wyndham Vale.

51 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

So the off field department shouldn't be trying to engage. What's wrong with running a clinic and promoting the club? 

For me they should be doing more. Obviously it's intended to impact on the new start up club and I think it's a positive. No point in just surrendering territory.

Good on them I say.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Obviously it's intended to impact on the new start up club

Ha Ha this is a joke right? They will get 0 members from this area but rather promote football for Western Melbourne.

The club must have the philosophy to do many unimportant things instead of the few critical things that must be done.

At least they are busy I suppose.

This club is a joke.

Drain the swamp.

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

So the off field department shouldn't be trying to engage. What's wrong with running a clinic and promoting the club? 

For me they should be doing more. Obviously it's intended to impact on the new start up club and I think it's a positive. No point in just surrendering territory.

Good on them I say.

I understand what you are saying. I'd just like them to look after their own season-ticket holders as well. Such as reply to e-mails. Not a critical e-mail, merely a suggestion that interviews such as post-match pressers with Joyce have a roving microphone so that we can at least hear the questions.

No reply, not even an acknowledgement. That's not good enough.

With all the other shit that has happened since CFG, especially this season, like many others I'm at the end of my tether. This club is being destroyed from the inside.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Ha Ha this is a joke right? They will get 0 members from this area but rather promote football for Western Melbourne.

The club must have the philosophy to do many unimportant things instead of the few critical things that must be done.

At least they are busy I suppose.

This club is a joke.

Drain the swamp.

So because the on-field isn't going as well as we expect it to, does that mean that off field such as community, marketing, etc should just completely stop?

Don't think so.

11 minutes ago, rass said:

So because the on-field isn't going as well as we expect it to, does that mean that off field such as community, marketing, etc should just completely stop?

Don't think so.

Obviously they can't "try" and do more things at once. But hey lets just continue to put 2 and 2 together and get the standard drain the swamp line.

Which actually makes no sense. If you wanted a better water way, more free flowing water would be the go opposed to a muddy bog that was once a swamp. 

Edited by Jovan
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, rass said:

Don't think so.

Good strategy isn't it.

Just do things over and over again that don't work rather than find the things that must be done which are essential for the club to succeed.

If all the extra stuff that this club does did actually work then our supporter base and membership would have grown.

The truth is, we have been in decline on nearly all things that are important to grow this club.

Logically, the results dictate that all these things have been a failure.

And its not the on-field stuff that worries me but rather the off-field decisions that are the cause of the dire situation as a whole.

Therefore, the elephant in the room that continually gets ignored is:

MUNN, PETRILLO and WAZZA OUT

DRAIN THAT SWAMP  of the putrid rot that exists,

and let someone come in and create a beautiful harmonious environment that we can all thrive in.

35 minutes ago, Jovan said:

standard drain the swamp line.

Which actually makes no sense

makes perfect sense

You cant make something pure unless you remove the impurities first.

14 hours ago, moops said:

Totally separate, but getting players essentially for free and on selling them will benefit their FFP limit certainly, also the Mooy fee alone has paid overs in everything they have invested so far and they will probably get a future fee as well.

I think their 'mindshare' has a fee attached and could be an offset as well

Makes sense. The odd rough diamond covers the Melbourne cost, yet helps balance Manchester's book's. 

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I understand what you are saying. I'd just like them to look after their own season-ticket holders as well. Such as reply to e-mails. Not a critical e-mail, merely a suggestion that interviews such as post-match pressers with Joyce have a roving microphone so that we can at least hear the questions.

No reply, not even an acknowledgement. That's not good enough.

With all the other shit that has happened since CFG, especially this season, like many others I'm at the end of my tether. This club is being destroyed from the inside.

Care factors not very high is it. 

It's abit like pay your membership, buy our merchandise, sit down, shut up and be quite 🙄

4 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I feel like somewhere in between @rass and @Jovan positivity and @playmaker doomsday mentality is where the truth lies with this. There is no overall harm with this. If people are going to support West Melbourne then they've prob already decided that. But I'd rather they put their focus elsewhere where it matters more.

I don't believe in @playmaker doomsday mentality, it's more him speaking the truth. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, n i k o said:

I feel like somewhere in between @rass and @Jovan positivity and @playmaker doomsday mentality is where the truth lies with this. There is no overall harm with this. If people are going to support West Melbourne then they've prob already decided that. But I'd rather they put their focus elsewhere where it matters more.

I agree. I think that based on the metrics that I can see - number of season-ticket holders and attendances - interest in Melbourne City is waning rather than growing, and certainly I am personally aware of disquiet amongst supporters (not only on here but also the little band that I travel and sit with) and several cancellations of season tickets.

I would like to see the club focus on what it can control, or has a reasonable chance of controlling, rather than act as some sort of missionary for football in a more general sense.

15 minutes ago, neio said:

Who else got the survey from the club about how we're going? 

Some interesting questions in there like rate out of 10 how you rate our game style? And describe the club in one word

For anyone doing this survey (or a survey for any company), only put your answers as 1,2 or 9,10. Anything in between will get disregarded by the system.

1 hour ago, AntiScum said:

Care factors not very high is it. 

It's abit like pay your membership, buy our merchandise, sit down, shut up and be quite 🙄

I don't believe in @playmaker doomsday mentality, it's more him speaking the truth. 

I'll agree to disagree with that. It's not total disaster as portrayed by playmaker, although I agree with some is his sentiments. 

A few of my mates and i attended a few games of the Hearts first season and loved it.. all 9 of us became members in the Hearts second season.. all continued as members until this year get to an away game every year but now only 3 of us remain.. some of the lads wont even watch us on TV anymore..

the style of our gameplay is currently putrid, we wont win shit, Bruno being exiled to me is just fkn childish and ridiculous he should have been back by now especially seeing weve had no striker all fkn season.. Kilkennys a top 5 player in the league he got the ass.. 

Ive always believe in the stick by ur team through the ups and downs but jeez its fkn hard to right now especially when theres no change or improvement in sight.. if Joyce is still our coach next year i cant see myself renewing my membership tbh

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jovan said:

Good on them I say.

Agree but ...

Munn and the community engagement team are busy in the community’s where they should be trying to drum up support and following and doing just good stuff generally. Meanwhile, Joyce is busying himself destroying fan support with petty bullshit displays of machismo with the players and boring as bat shit football on the park. Is nobody at HQ seeing this???????? Hello Scott! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dconder13 said:

“Use one word to describe Melbourne City over the last month:” Boring 

Wonder how many similar responses they will receive 

I think the general question now is" Does anyone at the club actually care?" Does anyone care about what people reply in surveys, does anyone care about season-ticket holder numbers, about attendances,  about players coming and going, about the style of football, even about results? What actions - individual or group - would make the club sit up, take notice and change direction?

My feeling is that the local management are simply puppets who are doing exactly as directed by Manchester, and that the club will ignore anything that it does not want to hear. I have a number of positive reasons for continuing as a season-ticket holder, and I think that the club will take no notice if I quit, so why do it?

3 hours ago, n i k o said:

I'll agree to disagree with that. It's not total disaster as portrayed by playmaker, although I agree with some is his sentiments. 

It's quite simple Niko.

Change what needs to be changed to achieve a different outcome.

Not doomsday at all, it's truth.

Fossiking around the edges doesn't achieve much and that's exactly what this so-called stategic business development and marketing is doing instead of total focus on what the core issues are.

The common denominator in all our failings has been Munn and Petrillo with weak leadership and weak signings. This can not be ignored.

Add to this the moronic behaviour of Wazza then we are where we are now.

I think this more than verifies things that a lot of people have suspected but not addressed.

Wazza was brought in to fix the culture right?

What has been achieved?

Nothing.

Good senior players are ostracized.

Young players are brought in to bow to the master and yet supporters and opposition supporters think we are a joke.

And has the culture really changed?

No, because the cultural problems aren't the players it's the leadership and the problem still exists and will continue to exist.

Look at the way at this Bruno issue has affected the player where Brattan, Griffiths and Jamo have been out spoken about fixing the issue of not having a striker. And watching the reaction of other players hang their heads as we continually fail to convert as they are busting their arses trying to defend and create.

But lets ignore the big Bruno, Budinski, MOH, Kilkenny, Brandan, and Colazo etc issues for the moment, let's look at the little things like what jersey we used last match. Seriously. Don't you think all the supporters would have preferred the red and white stripe? And now the 'lets go and get some supporters from the new team's geographic base'. Seriously how childish and damaging, and destructive tbh.

They are just so out of touch with the supporters and members.

Who makes these decisions, because whoever does should shown the door.

We are in a position that we never needed to be in and it is all our own doing.

Think about what the Matchday experience was like 3-5 years ago and where it is today. Just this in itself should show the truth on how incompetent our off field leadership is.

Anyway I just hope JMac and Harrison can somehow help bring people through the gates and someone with a clue about leading a football club can be appointed and perform the necessary changes so this club can go forward.

I hate getting drawn into these discussions because it's just the same old but the real issue never changes.

We have had the players on our list to win everything for the last 3 seasons and the off field stuff just stuffs it up over and over again.

Is it doom and gloom? Not at all, but some important stuff needs to be fixed before we can go to the next level and it's becoming critical.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

It's quite simple Niko.

Fossiking around the edges doesn't achieve much and that's exactly what this so-called stategic business development and marketing is doing instead of total focus on what the core issues are.

The common denominator in all our failings has been Munn and Petrillo with weak leadership and weak signings. This can not be ignored.

I think this more than verifies things that a lot of people have suspected but not addressed.

What has been achieved?

Nothing.

Young players are brought in to bow to the master and yet supporters and opposition supporters think we are a joke.

No, because the cultural problems aren't the players it's the leadership and the problem still exists and will continue to exist.

Look at the way at this Bruno issue has affected the player where Brattan, Griffiths and Jamo have been out spoken about fixing the issue of not having a striker. And watching the reaction of other players hang their heads as we continually fail to convert as they are busting their arses trying to defend and create.

But lets ignore the big Bruno, Budinski, MOH, Kilkenny, Brandan, and Colazo etc issues for the moment, let's look at the little things like what jersey we used last match. Seriously. Don't you think all the supporters would have preferred the red and white stripe? And now the 'lets go and get some supporters from the new team's geographic base'. Seriously how childish and damaging, and destructive tbh.

Think about what the Matchday experience was like 3-5 years ago and where it is today. Just this in itself should show the truth on how incompetent our off field leadership is.

Anyway I just hope JMac and Harrison can somehow help bring people through the gates and someone with a clue about leading a football club can be appointed and perform the necessary changes so this club can go forward.

I hate getting drawn into these discussions because it's just the same old but the real issue never changes.

We have had the players on our list to win everything for the last 3 seasons and the off field stuff just stuffs it up over and over again.

Is it doom and gloom? Not at all, but some important stuff needs to be fixed before we can go to the next level and it's becoming critical.

BANG....BANG....BANG.

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

It's quite simple Niko.

What has been achieved?

Nothing.

You don't have to go back far to find where I've put the blame of our current woes on management. My point was more you're a negative prick nearly most of time on here, but I agree with your post above for sure.