Melbourne Football

Welcome Shayon Harrison

rass

Very happy to see this happen. One of the reasons I thought that being owned by Manchester would be good was that we would see young players come out from the EDS and spend a season with us on their pathway to bigger things. He's not from Manchester, but that's immaterial to me, and I'll watch with interest to see how he goes. Indeed, welcome Shayon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harrison said:

Good luck to the kid. 

I’ll be interested to see how he copes at this level. 

It will be interesting.

His professional career so far (as a striker):

14 appearances (4 starts) for Yeovil Town in League 2 for 1 goal

13 appearances (5 starts) for Southend in League 1 for 0 goals

He hasn't played a competitive match since last season. I guess he has spent most of this season injured as he didn't appear for Spurs U/23s for 3.5 months between September and January.

7 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I feel a bit weary Aleague clubs getting in young Visa players. Sure, one or two wont matter. But if it sets a precedent?

Personally I don’t give a fuck. As long as it’s one of the 5 visa spots and doesn’t count as a youth player it’s up to the club to make successful signings. Might be a change from washup players.

As to Harrison himself, well obviously some people rate him or Spurs never would have signed him. I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do. Welcome Shayon.

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Personally I don’t give a fuck. As long as it’s one of the 5 visa spots and doesn’t count as a youth player it’s up to the club to make successful signings. Might be a change from washup players.

As to Harrison himself, well obviously some people rate him or Spurs never would have signed him. I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do. Welcome Shayon.

This, if its a visa player then its no different to the 32 yo we would have signed in their place.

Indeed i think it could be a major marketing angle to for the A League. Come and see the up and coming stars of Europe before they make it big, rather than the washed up stars of years past.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shahanga said:

I was led to believe that the EPL clubs sign heaps of players and watch them develop. The fact that he is playing in the Leagues does not really indicate that he is that talented. Lets not forget that Curtis Good was signed by Newcastle (British flavour) on a 7 year deal.

15 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

I was led to believe that the EPL clubs sign heaps of players and watch them develop. The fact that he is playing in the Leagues does not really indicate that he is that talented. Lets not forget that Curtis Good was signed by Newcastle (British flavour) on a 7 year deal.

He's in Spurs' U-23 squad. They have 22 players. Here: https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/teams/under-23/players/

And I think he'll start. No point in bringing him here for just 10 matches otherwise.

I'm very hopeful that he'll star for us. Tottenham know what they're doing with young players, and he's trained with the senior England squad. He can't be a mug. If we can't use his talent then we're the mugs.

His potential is just about the only thing keeping me interested in the club at the moment.

• Like 3

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/citys-spurs-youngster-the-a-league-is-mens-football-518955

Most interesting points are him saying that he likes to get behind the striker and that he considers himself a striker. He likes to score goals and his chemistry with JM is already developing nicely, which is great.  

So will we go with two up front I wonder. Or have him playing as a nominal winger that effectively plays as a CF behind JM? 

Edited by Harrison
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Harrison said:

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/citys-spurs-youngster-the-a-league-is-mens-football-518955

Most interesting points are him saying that he likes to get behind the striker and that he considers himself a striker. He likes to score goals and his chemistry with JM is already developing nicely, which is great.  

So will we go with two up front I wonder. Or have him playing as a nominal winger that effectively plays as a CF behind JM? 

false nine Messi style

3 hours ago, Harrison said:

3 pronged.

Jmac, RDL and Shazza the Hazza

mares-multiprong-martin-3-prongs.jpg

4 hours ago, Harrison said:

I suspect as close as we've had to playing a similar role to Novillo. Sort of winger-striker hybrid. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fensaddler said:

I'm sort of hoping Strider doesn't comment on this one. The similarity is purely positional... 

Wow, young bloke has travelled half way across the world away from his family and friends and probably needs all the support he can get and here you are making insinuations about the small nature of his appendage on a public forum.........for shame.