Melbourne Football

Western United FC

jw1739

4 hours ago, haz said:

Is there any validation to this, or just assumptions about phone numbers?

3 hours ago, bt50 said:

Tbh i reckon his evidence thread is pretty damning, esp when tied in to the twitter message. Weird unit Rudes.

Have the same thoughts as BT here. Thats the best standard of evidence youll get with these things.  Wowee

Tbf Rudan is probably 100% correct if following Wellington's history is anything to go by - they've always seemed a club lacking ambition for sure. 

But the weird thing I agree is that he articulated those thoughts in such a manner. Be way better if he just publicly declared as much and stoked the flames a little, the A-League needs a bit of passion back.

Instead we get this high school bitchy shit lmao

15 minutes ago, Nate said:

Tbf Rudan is probably 100% correct if following Wellington's history is anything to go by - they've always seemed a club lacking ambition for sure. 

But the weird thing I agree is that he articulated those thoughts in such a manner. Be way better if he just publicly declared as much and stoked the flames a little, the A-League needs a bit of passion back.

Instead we get this high school bitchy shit lmao

Somebody point me to what he said please?

Well, at least they've got some fans, and there's a not a lot to do in the wild west. TBH, I hope that the club succeeds, because I reckon that it's a high-risk venture and the last thing the League needs is another failure.

So far the attendances this season have not impressed me - for example, only 17,000 at Docklands last night - and IMO the League desperately needs a boost.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlwaysHeart said:

So was the crowd 6,088 or 6,888 ? For their first home game . 

In any case they are off to a worrying start off the field . Hopefully they at least average 7,000 this season. 

I just dont see this as a surprise. The league in general is down and they're playing out of a makeshift home stadium. 

6 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

tickets were getting dished out at local futsal last week, uncle got 7
there was also some bs parade before the game and everyone that turned up for it got free entry too 

Yep I only attended due to free tickets. I won't be going again unless I get more free tickets.

18 hours ago, AlwaysHeart said:

So was the crowd 6,088 or 6,888 ? For their first home game . 

In any case they are off to a worrying start off the field . Hopefully they at least average 7,000 this season. 

I think we should be cautious about comments on free tickets etc. I very much doubt that City is squeaky clean on attendances. For example, last season's FFA Cup  QF against Western Sydney has an "official"FFA attendance of 1,800, whereas some other reports say 4,191. I am also pretty sceptical about other reported attendances at our home matches last season. We also gave away free tickets to at least one home match last season.

Personally i think the impact of free tickets is overstated anyway tbh. 

If you dont have the hype, then free tickets often just go to waste anyway.

Good example R3 last year, a bit of hype around the team going into the Sydney game coupled with free tickets via the Maccas promo meant we had a terrific crowd; i think most of that would be the members turning up because of the good vibes but maybe you add another 1500 or so turning up because of the promotion.
We ran the exact same promo later in the season and i reckon id had close to  zero impact. Why? Because there was no hype and we were seen as a dud product.

I wouldnt say the free tix have zero impact, but end of the day i think people are happy to pay if they are anticipating a good product. If the anticipation isnt there, neither are the attendances and free tickets dont do much to alleviate that.

In reference to WU, i'd say there'd be some hype around them for the Perth game, just being that it was their first ever home game. Hence i think 6888 or 6088 are both poor figures, esp when you consider our debut home game figures. I dont envisage WU are going to improve that figure non-derby for the season either unless they can really look like a contender; imo they'll seriously struggle to crack 3-4000 each home game going forward.
Likewise i dont think their membership number is overly representative either, given that theres a stack of 2 ($30) and 4 ($60) game memberships that are clearly cheaper than GA tickets of other clubs. I'll admit im tempted to buy one for the Ballarat games for example, makes sense financially, although i can't bring myself to put my name down as a member for the wutang clan.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

I still can't see it happening, I reckon they're testing the waters in Geelong and will probably do a deal to get a stadium built there instead, which was the original plan when they were the Victorian Patriots. It just doesn't make sense to change your location to an undeveloped shit-hole. FFA should've delayed this announcement until the State Govt made a decision on a stadium in Dandenong.

2 hours ago, mus-28 said:

I still can't see it happening, I reckon they're testing the waters in Geelong and will probably do a deal to get a stadium built there instead, which was the original plan when they were the Victorian Patriots. It just doesn't make sense to change your location to an undeveloped shit-hole. FFA should've delayed this announcement until the State Govt made a decision on a stadium in Dandenong.

It really made no sense to rush them in this season. At least could have waited until next season and add generic fc and Macarthur together and avoid the byes... 

FFA are great at making bad decisions, the only highlights from their reign has been the introduction of the Wanderers and the Cup.