Melbourne Football

Western United FC

jw1739

30 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Probably waiting for Rudan to move back over here so they can announce it with him actually there. 

I reckon it will be tomorrow as they are announcing kits, badge etc. Makes sense to have him there for it. 

53 minutes ago, dconder13 said:

Rudan announced as head coach

"My playing style hasn't changed. I like to play a pretty dynamic brand of football, you won't see too many balls going sideways.

"I like to play certain brand of football that the fans will enjoy and come back for more of. I think the players will enjoy that as well."

On 5/23/2019 at 11:45 AM, jw1739 said:

"My playing style hasn't changed. I like to play a pretty dynamic brand of football, you won't see too many balls going sideways.

"I like to play certain brand of football that the fans will enjoy and come back for more of. I think the players will enjoy that as well."

So So right it's what's been missing for the last two years at city.

• Like 1

Is Wyndham Stadium Still on Track?

02/06/2019 BY PHIL

In the past week there have been new revelations about Western Melbourne Group’s (WMG) proposed Wyndham Stadium at 1160 Sayers Road, Tarneit. The Wyndham council gave the ground to the franchise to stimulate investment into the local area.

When the WMG consortium was given an A-League licence in December 2018, Director Steve Horvat stated that the stadium would be privately funded.

Horvat also stated that the infrastructure for the stadium, including a new train station and upgrades to Sayers Road, to accommodate the extra traffic, would be financed by the State Government. Club officials have also publicly maintained that they’ll set up house for the 2021-22 season.Now it has come to light in the past two weeks that these plans have changed, leaving the original timeline of playing at the Stadium for the 2021-2022 season unlikely to occur.

According to the May State budget, there have been no funds allocated to the upgrades, leaving the local community scratching their heads as to how these upgrades will occur.Currently Tarneit Train station is the nearest station to the proposed stadium and is 7 kilometres away. A new station at Sayers Road is being slated to be only two kilometres away and would be easier to get to the stadium either by bus or walking.

As reported on the SBS World Game website ‘Almost six months on from winning the bid with ambitious promises of fast-tracked permits, there’s been no turning of soil, as project managers deal with on-site issues’.Western United FC CEO Maurice Bisetto stated that this is of no concern. Greg O’Rourke the Head of the Aleague is not fussed by the setback stating that the FFA had originally expected the stadium not to be ready till the 2022-2023 season.

This raises questions regarding the funding, which surpassed the licencing bids of both Team 11 , Dandenong, and South Melbourne FC. The question has to be asked, if the goal posts around getting the licence are now moved, why did they get the green light in the first place?Further updates on the stadium will follow.

Lol apparently they havent even started the paperwork for the planning permit

14 hours ago, Dylan said:

Lol apparently they havent even started the paperwork for the planning permit

Not lodging the application isn't the same as not starting.

At the same time the land is likely going to have to be re-zoned, which comes with the multitude of government departments that will have their sticky mitts all over the project.

35 minutes ago, Blackout said:

Not lodging the application isn't the same as not starting.

At the same time the land is likely going to have to be re-zoned, which comes with the multitude of government departments that will have their sticky mitts all over the project.

They had over a year before they were awarded the licence. Time which they could have started and completed most of the requirements for an application for a planning permit. In fact, the could have had the Planning Scheme amendment already drafted and ready. None of this seems to have been done.  

Oh and yes it will have to be rezoned. Cant build what they propose in an Urban Growth Zone. 

The only fast track option they have is the Planning minister calling in the amendment and approving it himself, which he has the power to do under the act. No way will that happen.

They will have to go through the same process as everyone else (and I believe they should, no one should have special treatment).  So that involves all the pre work and documentation, the public exhibition then it has to be approved within a council meeting. After that it goes to a review panel and then back to the councilors for approval. Only then does the State gov get it and go through it.

You are talking at least two years, in a normal time frame sense. 

17 minutes ago, Dylan said:

They had over a year before they were awarded the licence. Time which they could have started and completed most of the requirements for an application for a planning permit. In fact, the could have had the Planning Scheme amendment already drafted and ready. None of this seems to have been done.  

Oh and yes it will have to be rezoned. Cant build what they propose in an Urban Growth Zone. 

The only fast track option they have is the Planning minister calling in the amendment and approving it himself, which he has the power to do under the act. No way will that happen.

They will have to go through the same process as everyone else (and I believe they should, no one should have special treatment).  So that involves all the pre work and documentation, the public exhibition then it has to be approved within a council meeting. After that it goes to a review panel and then back to the councilors for approval. Only then does the State gov get it and go through it.

You are talking at least two years, in a normal time frame sense. 

Are you a councillor by any chance?

I guess they will be further west for longer. 

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if they stay in Geelong and within in few seasons change to a primary Geelong based team. 

To be honest I couldn't give a flying, only that they bullshitted to get the license.

The more shambolic the better. 

50 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I guess they will be further west for longer. 

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if they stay in Geelong and within in few seasons change to a primary Geelong based team. 

To be honest I couldn't give a flying, only that they bullshitted to get the license.

The more shambolic the better. 

What irritates me is that the first new team to come into an expanded competition is not from a population "centre" as such. Sure, an area where growth is anticipated into the future, but not an established "centre" as FFA has said expansion should be. Macarthur's entry is delayed by a season for the most feeble of reasons - I suspect a pretext - and I can't see Team11 getting up once there are three teams on the "Melbourne area."

Very disappointing for something that was anticipated to be a kick-start for the league.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

now pinched Durante from the nix as well, what a extremely mediocre squad, as bad as wsw if not worse when they joined 

Their entry is a season too early and it's been one hell of a rush for them to get going. They've done the best they could in the circumstances. FFA needs to learn from all this.

Samir Nasri playing in Geelong every second week alongside the likes of Connor Pain is hard to imagine lol

Then again, William Gallas played in 41 degree heat in a random paddock in the outskirts of Albury so anything is possible.

Also signed Ivan Vujica from Newcastle. He had a falling out with Merrick and was hardly used this season, he was quite a handy left back the seasons prior. Makes Dylan Pierias' likelyhood of getting minutes even more remote, a loan move to CCM would be a good idea with Miller no longer occupying the RB spot.