Melbourne Football

Jamie Maclaren

TheStig

Watched the game yesterday on fox, they showed Maclaren and i sat wondering what was going through his mind. Hopefully he was optimistic unlike many of us, but i could not help thinking that he looked like someone who had made a terrible mistake . I hope things work out for both Maclaren and the club but as others have written i don't think we will make better than fourth and get dumped out of the finals.

4 hours ago, johnno cpfc said:

Watched the game yesterday on fox, they showed Maclaren and i sat wondering what was going through his mind. Hopefully he was optimistic unlike many of us, but i could not help thinking that he looked like someone who had made a terrible mistake . I hope things work out for both Maclaren and the club but as others have written i don't think we will make better than fourth and get dumped out of the finals.

IIRC when the PG salary cap breach was in full swing. JMc was being courted by City but he chose to go to BR rather than us. I suspect that he is thinking that BR was the correct choice. Further, it is unlikely that Wazza will be able to develop him any further. What is going through his mind? That Wazza's contract is not renewed and that they get a coach - even JA.

I said a week ago that the club needed a player that we could all get behind. A pin-up boy who will excite the fans and help us collectively move on from BF and the entire situation. 

I think JM is a perfect fit. He wants to play for this club, he’s a proven goal scorer in this league and is a Socceroo. He’s good in front of the camera and has the right attitude. 

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/maclaren-vows-add-goals-kick-start-citys-title-push

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bob Latchford said:

Do we have a thread for new chants for new  signings? Shits me to tears we don't have solid chants for players but IMO with JMac on a 3.5 year deal and being local boy, we should be trying our best to make him feel welcome.

We have more chants than chanters if the truth was known. 

Check out matchday planning.

11 minutes ago, Harrison said:

I said a week ago that the club needed a player that we could all get behind. A pin-up boy who will excite the fans and help us collectively move on from BF and the entire situation. 

I think JM is a perfect fit. He wants to play for this club, he’s a proven goal scorer in this league and is a Socceroo. He’s good in front of the camera and has the right attitude. 

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/maclaren-vows-add-goals-kick-start-citys-title-push

Certainly got some brains and speaks well. I think he'll be OK.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I hope that one thing an independent league gets a grip on is players missing matches because of international duty. It's not so important if you're playing a lot of matches in your season, but when it's just 26-27 then the absence of a player or players on ID can have a significant impact on your season. And it always seems to me to be intrinsically stupid to have players missing important matches after you've just had a 5-month off-season.

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, haz said:

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/maclaren-a-doubt-for-socceroos-qualifiers-531731

Hoping this is a case of "oh yes we don't think he should travel, he needs to rest"... Come round 1 he's 100%  recovered

Aren’t we taking a big risk still playing him with a knee injury considering we should have also won with Najjar against a NPL team. I know it’s the semi but still.

23 hours ago, neio said:

If this knee knock does mean he doesn't get selected due to injury. Is he allowed to play the Derby if he is ok? With the internationals falling over the weekend we play victory? 

I imagine if he tried FFA would pull the trigger on a suspension.

As they bloody well should. 

13 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

I imagine if he tried FFA would pull the trigger on a suspension.

As they bloody well should. 

The League really ought to sort itself out with respect to the observance of international breaks. Even if we're going to have matches scheduled during breaks, for pity's sake don't schedule big crowd-pulling derbies.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

The League really ought to sort itself out with respect to the observance of international breaks. Even if we're going to have matches scheduled during breaks, for pity's sake don't schedule big crowd-pulling derbies.

They did last season and everyone was bitching about no games and loss of momentum 

• Thanks 1

It's annoying but it hurts both sides since they'll most likely be missing Nabbout and Deng and it's classic A-League anyway so whatever, missing players are exactly what squads are for. 

Here's hoping we can account adequately for no Maclaren game 1.