Melbourne Football

Jamie Maclaren

TheStig

Yes I know its not official yet but I am interested in hearing whether Jamie would add anything at Mel City. My own view is that he is a poacher style of forward who relies on seizing opportunities when the ball is bouncing around the forward line.

Unfortunately we need a number 9 who will control matters up forward. Jamie would be handy in a supporting role at number 10 but first we need to get a decent main striker

cheers Peter

Edited by jw1739

after reading Melbourne City are increasingly confident they will snare the signature of Socceroos frontman Jamie Maclaren in time for the sharpshooter to lead their attack for their trip to Sydney next Sunday " has certainly got me excited as there was no way we were going to beat SFC, unless they play with 10 men

Edited by Afif Adam

9 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

after reading Melbourne City are increasingly confident they will snare the signature of Socceroos frontman Jamie Maclaren in time for the sharpshooter to lead their attack for their trip to Sydney next Sunday " has certainly got me excited as there was no way we were going to beat SFC, unless they play with 10 men

He can sign tomorrow, I don’t care but he still needs to be fit, show commitment to club & the team, and run harder than Scot Jamieson at training until he does I won’t select him - WJ

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

He may be signed in time for Sunday's game but I cannot see Joyce playing without him at least having; 1 training session, past a fitness test, a fat test and most importantly the submissive attitude test. 

Funny that last season Ross McCormack walked into the side and he didn’t pass any of these traits lol

• jw1739 locked this topic
  • jw1739 unlocked this topic

I’m confident he has signed and am even more confident that he will be a very good signing. 

What we lack is a clinical goal scorer and JM fits that bill perfectly. 

He is quick, agile, fit and puts away chances and half-chances. 

More than anything I hope WJ changes our system to accommodate JM. 

25 minutes ago, Harrison said:

I’m confident he has signed and am even more confident that he will be a very good signing. 

What we lack is a clinical goal scorer and JM fits that bill perfectly. 

He is quick, agile, fit and puts away chances and half-chances. 

More than anything I hope WJ changes our system to accommodate JM. 

Bruno is all that and more.

Who knows what O'halloran might have been. 

The thing is will Joyce play him consistently in his natural position? 

Just now, Jovan said:

Bruno is all that and more.

Who knows what O'halloran might have been. 

The thing is will Joyce play him consistently in his natural position? 

I know but he will never play for this club again, as long as WJ is in charge. It's a shame. 

I think he will definitely play him as a striker. 

The more important question is what will the formation be and who will play where? 

A 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 suits our personnel and would get the most out of every player. 

My information came from the same source that gave me the impending departure of Malik. Of course, there could be some last-minute hitch - it has happened before to Heart/City.

I'm actually more interested to see who the "other signing" will be - if there is one at all. Maclaren is a replacement for Fornaroli, but IMO we need a decent left-winger to have any chance of making an impact during our remaining 11 matches.

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

My information came from the same source that gave me the impending departure of Malik. Of course, there could be some last-minute hitch - it has happened before to Heart/City.

I'm actually more interested to see who the "other signing" will be - if there is one at all. Maclaren is a replacement for Fornaroli, but IMO we need a decent left-winger to have any chance of making an impact during our remaining 11 matches.

its either Bruce Djite or Kerem Bulut

1 hour ago, IssySG said:

The club has known since late November that Bruno wasn't going to play another game for City. There are no excuses for us not signing a decent quality striker in the January window - idc if circumstances have changed with the Hibs.

I see the problem to be fairly and squarely because we are owned by City Football Group and that decisions such as Maclaren are not made in Bundoora but in Manchester. It's been specifically stated that this deal was put together by Marwood. No doubt, therefore, that Marwood has to make any decision on changing it or dropping it altogether.

Sydney and Victory make their own decisions. We do not. The extended management chain means that we cannot react quickly to changing circumstances. It's the same in any organization where "Head Office" is involved in micromanagement.

As for Maclaren - well it doesn't happen to upset me too much, as I don't think he's what I think a marquee should be. Just sign a striker in the two days that are left, for the rest of this season only, and think about next season and beyond when this season finishes.

2 hours ago, Harrison said:

This would be a big blow to our finals hopes. 

We desperately need a striker. If this deal falls through and we don’t have a contingency plan, our owners have a lot to answer for. 

It would be just our luck if it does fall apart though. 

What finals hopes?

”Tis long since we’ve had hope” Boromir (little known City supporter)