Melbourne Football

Rd. 17 - Sun. 3rd February 2019 vs. Sydney, Kogarah, 5.00 pm.

jw1739

Just now, fensaddler said:

Have got exactly what we expected. 

Exactly right. Bela has been on about this for season after season. There's a collective lack of resolve and belief that we can win, right throughout the club. It comes from the top.

What is worse is that we will now have to endure the sanitised report and all the excuses etc. on our web-site.

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

Exactly right. Bela has been on about this for season after season. There's a collective lack of resolve and belief that we can win, right throughout the club. It comes from the top.

What is worse is that we will now have to endure the sanitised report and all the excuses etc. on our web-site.

It was this lack of resolve and inconsistency, the good City/bad City thing from one week to the next, that meant we appointed a manager to change the culture. But there has been no change and we are headed for fifth, our worst finish since CFG took over, and barely better than the Heart days. Nothing has changed, except that we have supposedly good players under performing, rather than mediocre players trying their best. That's basically going backwards. 

There is just nothing, no real emotion, no real hurt. It's almost like we're at the if we win, we win stage

These are the players I'm comfortable playing next week. Eugene, DeLaet, Bart, Delbridge, Brattan and that's about it

Maclaren and Harrison may have to be Ronaldo and Messi to turn this around 

1 minute ago, Shahanga said:

If the board has any brains the coach of Melbourne City on Tuesday morning would have striking options of MacLaren, Harrison and Fornaroli.

Unfortunately, Joyce will survive the season. He's the personal pick of Marwood, remember?

Only one thing would see a change - if the football media would let City have it with both barrels, naming a few names. The one thing Manchester and Abu Dhabi don't like is criticism.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Unfortunately, Joyce will survive the season. He's the personal pick of Marwood, remember?

Only one thing would see a change - if the football media would let City have it with both barrels, naming a few names. The one thing Manchester and Abu Dhabi don't like is criticism.

Pierce would be controlling that from FFA HQ and Fox would bow to their masters.

Edited by playmaker

We should have been beaten 4-0. The Le Frondra missed an easy shot and Mitch Austin...well its Mitch Austin. Hopefully Jamie can score next game but it just amazes me how we played without a striker for so long. We should have been top 2 imo if we played Bruno. Im not gonna go on about him anymore there is no point.

3rd is gone which = a complete failure of a season!! We finished 3rd last season and got bunted from ACL qualification and now this season we will be scrapping for 4th at best...there are absolutely no excuses for joyce as he had a whole off season to recruit who he wanted. Even then he didn't play those players, nor could he handle the dressing room. We have gone backwards as a whole since joyce came in. 

The sooner he fucks off the better!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MHFC-FAN said:

3rd is gone which = a complete failure of a season!! We finished 3rd last season and got bunted from ACL qualification and now this season we will be scrapping for 4th at best...there are absolutely no excuses for joyce as he had a whole off season to recruit who he wanted. Even then he didn't play those players, nor could he handle the dressing room. We have gone backwards as a whole since joyce came in. 

The sooner he fucks off the better!!

Mate couldn't agree more. What pisses me off is last season he signed players like Carusca and La Rocca and Budinski and hardly plays them then pisses two of them off at the end of the season and doesnt play one of our best players from two seasons ago which is Brandan even though he was fit to play funny enough after suffering an injury. It was stupid we didnt try signing Ross back this season and also not playing Bruno.

The bloke is a crack pot

• Thanks 2

Just now, XxCiTySeNxX said:

Mate couldn't agree more. What pisses me off is last season he signed players like Carusca and La Rocca and Budinski and hardly plays them then pisses two of them off at the end of the season and doesnt play one of our best players from two seasons ago which is Brandan even though he was fit to play funny enough after suffering an injury. It was stupid we didnt try signing Ross back this season and also not playing Bruno.

The bloke is a crack pot

I think virtually everyone on the forum would agree with these sentiments!

He is completely playing opposite to how JVS had us set up and playing! Fuck that 2nd season under JVS was soo great to watch!! Surprise surprise he played all the best players available in their actual positions...we were just flakey in defense as usual under JVS sadly.

Joyce is delusional and destroying the City brand here...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Heart of Melbourne said:

Last post for me on this forum. Talk again when Joyce is sacked. 

I for one, hope that we keep him forever in that case. 

The only time I see you post on here is when we lose. One line, kick the boots in shit - I haven't seen a positive post from you, nor anything when we win.

Look I know you're still pissed we're no longer a mini olympiakos in your eyes, but at some point you need to drop it.

I'm rapt you're taking a break.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, rass said:

The only time I see you post on here is when we lose. One line, kick the boots in shit - I haven't seen a positive post from you, nor anything when we win.

Look I know you're still pissed we're no longer a mini olympiakos in your eyes, but at some point you need to drop it.

Rass goes bang

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rass said:

In fairness, at least in the past when we'd play shit and lose and get that numb "I can't believe I'm paying to watch this shit" feeling the team was wearing red & white! Now we have to fly to Wellington to see our away kit...even against the other sky blue (& dark shorts) team we wore our dark 3rd kit which also features sky blue accents; makes the loss even harder to digest...

2 minutes ago, Red or Dead said:

In fairness, at least in the past when we'd play shit and lose and get that numb "I can't believe I'm paying to watch this shit" feeling the team was wearing red & white! Now we have to fly to Wellington to see our away kit...even against the other sky blue (& dark shorts) team we wore our dark 3rd kit which also features sky blue accents; makes the loss even harder to digest...

I don't disagree with being disillusioned at our choices and performances - we all have a right to feel pissed.

But I take exception in particular to this poster because it's been the same story for years now. Not a peep when we're going well or winning games. But soon as we lose, then Fuk me out comes the 'fold CFG', 'lol we're shit', etc, etc comments. It's like he takes glee in watching us lose and me, well I take exception to that.

48 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

I think virtually everyone on the forum would agree with these sentiments!

He is completely playing opposite to how JVS had us set up and playing! Fuck that 2nd season under JVS was soo great to watch!! Surprise surprise he played all the best players available in their actual positions...we were just flakey in defense as usual under JVS sadly.

Joyce is delusional and destroying the City brand here...

If we had Novillo in that semi final in 15/16 we would have won. But Victory had Berisha even though he should have stayed suspended if Novillo was. What bullshit, i will never forget that

4 minutes ago, XxCiTySeNxX said:

If we had Novillo in that semi final in 15/16 we would have won. But Victory had Berisha even though he should have stayed suspended if Novillo was. What bullshit, i will never forget that

What's done is done. If we win, we win. If we lose, we lose. Foundation member here so been through it all and not phased anymore. Let's focus on the future.... I hope.