Melbourne Football

Rd. 12 - Fri 11th January 2019 vs. Brisbane, AAMI Park, 7.50 pm.

jw1739

5 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

At this point in time it appears the only decision Joyce has to make is to restore Griffiths or retain Malik in the team. I would restore Griffiths. 

As Baccus proves a signing before Friday could be thrown into the team and play.

2nd red card of the campaign(one was in a practise match) needs to be punished with a benching

1 hour ago, Missing_Moy said:

Adelaide hold there 2 goal lead Perth & Sydney draw we have a chance to gain points on the top 3 come Friday !!

Given Perth are already a couple up on Sydney, we can be equal second if we beat Brisbane on Friday.

Not bad for a team supposedly miles behind victory and according to some, would be lucky to make the 6.

Add some solid transfer rumours into the mix and all of a sudden, things are looking up and getting exciting again.

• Like 1

Squad's in.

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/team-news-citys-round-13-squad-0

1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ritchie De LAET, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c) , 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 6.Osama MALIK, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Riley MCGREE, 10.Dario VIDOSIC, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 15.Kearyn BACCUS, 18.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 19.Lachlan WALES, 21.Ramy NAJJARINE, 22.Curtis GOOD, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 34.Connor METCALFE, 36.Dylan PIERIAS

This bit amuses me - (surprise, surprise!):
Florin Berenguer has made progress on his calf injury, looking to be a part of the selection mix in the next fortnight.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

This bit amuses me - (surprise, surprise!):
Florin Berenguer has made progress on his calf injury, looking to be a part of the selection mix in the next fortnight.

Not sus at all! Joyce must have given him the key to his ball and chain

20 hours ago, rass said:

Given Perth are already a couple up on Sydney, we can be equal second if we beat Brisbane on Friday.

Not bad for a team supposedly miles behind victory and according to some, would be lucky to make the 6.

Add some solid transfer rumours into the mix and all of a sudden, things are looking up and getting exciting again.

Our usual January mini-run on results...followed every season by the inevitable crash just as soon as we start to look a chance. I can't see us as any better than 4th best team in the League

20 hours ago, rass said:

I'm increasingly thinking all the transfer rumours are wishful cobblers. None of them stack up. 

1 hour ago, rass said:

Nah, we're definitely in the market for a striker/s. Probably only thing holding things up is the moving on of Bruno.

I'm sure we're in the market. I'm just not sure we'll land anything... 

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

If I was Bruno I would be digging in my heels.

See out my contract.

And sign with the Tards or the new club next season.

Perfectly good outcome for him. Worst possible outcome for us. Lock it in. 

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

If I was Bruno I would be digging in my heels.

See out my contract.

And sign with the Tards or the new club next season.

He would not be the first or the last player to sit tight and let their contract run out. Bruno is holding the ace cards he will only go under his terms

Just now, Inchcolm said:

Edited by Inchcolm

14 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

What are everyone’s Thoughts on Tonight’s line up??

Dario not in the starting line up as a precaution IMO

Atkinson, Good, Vidosic Metcalf Birrri on the bench 

87748B72-DA5C-4C0B-97E9-579781008FE6.jpeg

Only chance of a change there might be Atkinson v Najaarine. I think Atkinson probably starts, although i'd like to see Ramy given a proper chance. Whether he deserves it based on performances so far is another question, but i certainly dont think NA has been startling so far this season.

1 minute ago, bt50 said:

Only chance of a change there might be Atkinson v Najaarine. I think Atkinson probably starts, although i'd like to see Ramy given a proper chance. Whether he deserves it based on performances so far is another question, but i certainly dont think NA has been startling so far this season.

Yeah I’ve been a bit critical of Atkinson playing on the wing this season works hard and defends well and gives flexibility if Richie pulls up sore. But he hasn’t offered us anything in an attacking sense which Ramy can 

54 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

Yeah I’ve been a bit critical of Atkinson playing on the wing this season works hard and defends well and gives flexibility if Richie pulls up sore. But he hasn’t offered us anything in an attacking sense which Ramy can 

Tbh i dont think there is any exposed evidence so far to suggest that Ramy is any better in attack, however imo you may as well give him a start and see as NA hasnt reaslly set the world on fire. If he doesnt take his chance then Atkinson replaces him. 

• Like 1

I may be alone in this (*invites sharp one-line response*) but in the last couple of games I have gained the impression that we are more dangerous/something unexpected in our favour is likely to happen when we  (e-v-e-n-t-u-a-l-l-y) get near the penalty area and McGree, Wales, Atkinson, Bratts are about to get the ball or have possession.

Whereas in the distant past, after Cahill left, it was always: ''Can Bruno do something with this? Oh.''  I like the way we are going, and the pacy threats we are presenting, even though we desperately need a dead-seat goal scorer. Or two. 

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

It'll be dependent on if DeLaet pulls up or not - short-ish turn around and was mentioned as carrying an injury on Sunday. I think there's a really good chance he doesn't play.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tommykins said:

It'll be dependent on if DeLaet pulls up or not - short-ish turn around and was mentioned as carrying an injury on Sunday. I think there's a really good chance he doesn't play.

Has he ever not been carrying an injury?