Melbourne Football

The annual JW1739 and KOH birthday match vs Newy. Jan 6th, 5pm

kingofhearts

Newcastle play tonight, so they will have even less recovery than us

There will be one change as Griffiths is suspended. Malik is the like for like replacement, or we can go a bit more attacking and start Najjarine or MOH and push McGree into Central midfield. 

The only other possible change I can see is DeLaet, he looked very sore last night and won't be surprised if he has another week off, especially when he play again the Friday after on a quick back up 

7 minutes ago, neio said:

There will be one change as Griffiths is suspended. Malik is the like for like replacement, or we can go a bit more attacking and start Najjarine or MOH and push McGree into Central midfield. 

The only other possible change I can see is DeLaet, he looked very sore last night and won't be surprised if he has another week off, especially when he play again the Friday after on a quick back up 

What's the reason this Round 12 match is being played tonight - before the Round 11 one against us?

As expected, little change to the match-day squad. https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/team-news-citys-round-11-squad-0

1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ritchie De LAET, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c) , 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 6.Osama MALIK, 8.Riley MCGREE, 10.Dario VIDOSIC, 11.Michael O’HALLORAN, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 15.Kearyn BACCUS, 18.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 19.Lachlan WALES, 21.Ramy NAJJARINE, 22.Curtis GOOD, 25.Iacopo LA ROCCA, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 34.Connor METCALFE
**two to be omitted**
Ins: 22.Curtis GOOD (promoted), 25.Iacopo LA ROCCA (promoted), 34.Connor METCALFE (promoted)
Outs: 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS (suspended - 1 week)
Unavailable: 27.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER (calf)

23 hours ago, neio said:

That’s a good point about DeLaet. Makes a big difference when he plays (as we saw with his classy finish) but he’s clearly not 100%. Wouldn’t be shocked if he was barely training.

I reckon Wazza will stick with his formula and bring in last year’s favourite, Malik.

(I’m expecting another victory played in Wazza’s well known effective style)

3 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

If he plays it will be MOH birthday match (6th January 1991) https://www.transfermarkt.com/michael-ohalloran/profil/spieler/125158

If he isn’t subbed in on Sunday, he’ll ask for a release ...ultimate disrespect + he has shown in the 3 or some games that he’s good enough at this point , not to mention his highlight reel is mouth watering 

On 03/01/2019 at 3:56 PM, Torn Asunder said:

For the sake of your wellbeing, I hope he plays and scores :up:

Not much chance of that happening :angry:

Joyce has his favourites and his puppies to develop.

Round 8 MOH on bench not used, Najjarine gets on.

Round 9 MOH gets 30 mins Najjarine also gets on.

Round 10 on bench MOH not used Najjarine gets on. That gesture told all that Joyce had a problem with MOH. He is clearly behind Najjarine in the pecking order. You can not convince me that when Joyce is defending a game you put a young boy when you have a proven right midfield player on the bench who can defend and attack.

Joyce has made it clear that MOH is not needed even as a sub 

On 1/3/2019 at 2:38 PM, jw1739 said:

1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ritchie De LAET, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c) , 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 6.Osama MALIK, 8.Riley MCGREE, 10.Dario VIDOSIC, 11.Michael O’HALLORAN, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 15.Kearyn BACCUS, 18.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 19.Lachlan WALES, 21.Ramy NAJJARINE, 22.Curtis GOOD, 25.Iacopo LA ROCCA, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 34.Connor METCALFE
**two to be omitted**

Listed to play - you bewdy Wazza :up:

46618527141_4be22b50e9_o.jpg

One of two to be omitted - FU Wazza :angry:

31677618887_20e95c2f2b_o.jpg

Edited by HEARTinator

5 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

Not much chance of that happening :angry:

Joyce has his favourites and his puppies to develop.

Round 8 MOH on bench not used, Najjarine gets on.

Round 9 MOH gets 30 mins Najjarine also gets on.

Round 10 on bench MOH not used Najjarine gets on. That gesture told all that Joyce had a problem with MOH. He is clearly behind Najjarine in the pecking order. You can not convince me that when Joyce is defending a game you put a young boy when you have a proven right midfield player on the bench who can defend and attack.

Joyce has made it clear that MOH is not needed even as a sub 

You're getting an obsession with this. O'Halloran has just come back from a serious injury. In Round 10 I'm quite certain that O'Halloran was going to come on, but it all changed when Griffiths was sent off. IMO Joyce made the right call on that occasion, because we did win the match.

Let's see what he does today.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

You're getting an obsession with this. O'Halloran has just come back from a serious injury. In Round 10 I'm quite certain that O'Halloran was going to come on, but it all changed when Griffiths was sent off. IMO Joyce made the right call on that occasion, because we did win the match.

Let's see what he does today.

He is obsessed.

but Joyce showed little interest in O’Halloran prior to his injury.

Edited by Shahanga

21 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

He is obsessed.

but Joyce showed little interest in O’Halloran prior to his injury.

That doesn't fit with what was said when we signed him.

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/melbourne-city-fc-sign-forward-michael-ohalloran (18th June 2018)

Melbourne City FC are delighted to announce the signing of Michael O’Halloran from Glasgow Rangers.

The winger joins the Club on a two-year deal and brings with him a wealth of experience, having represented five clubs in the English and Scottish leagues since breaking into senior football in the 2011/12 season.

Head Coach Warren Joyce, said:

“Michael brings a wealth of experience from a number of clubs, including one of the biggest in Europe. He’s a very exciting player to watch - he has pace to burn and is capable of creating and scoring goals. I still remember watching him at Bolton Wanderers where he played in the same youth team as Aaron Mooy.”

“He will be an important addition to the squad and I know he is very ready to start pre-season preparations.”

joyce ohalloran

Edited by jw1739

I think Joyce sees him as our backup striker for Wales (at the moment). If he comes on today, I reckon that’s where he’ll play. 

It really would be awesome if he could get some serious minutes today. If he does possess an x-factor which does result on goals, like Arzani did last season, he’ll no doubt force his way in to the starting lineup.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

MOH dropped from match day squad. Inchcolm will not be happy

Well that seems certain that he is gone. Eventually the club will get round to telling us what we already know. We'll hardly miss him, he's never played beyond the odd cameo. Can only hope the incoming will be worth it...