Melbourne Football

Thank you "Melburnians" ... and hello "City Terrace."

mattyh001

31 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

so are we going to see the birth of a new active support soon? might aswell not have active on saturday then...what"s the point

I have nothing to do with active these days so I cannot tell you what will happen, but what I can tell you is that Yarraside is not coming back.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yarraside , Melburnians , they don't own the active. Just a small groups that have taken the lead in coordinating. 

Active will go on, with or without these blokes at the helm.   As long as they dont do anything silly to try and stop active like northern terrace tried. then we continue on.  

We thank them as they have contributed greatly over the past 9 years, but im sure a new firm will emerge and take the lead or maybe there is no named group and it happens organically.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I am calling bs on the "Scott Munn hates active" narrative. Never, and I can't stress this enough, had an issue with him when we were running it. 

Munn gave Yarraside the best deal any Active End Operators had during the time of Heart, personally I dont know about him as being a good CEO in general (TBH his been around for the long with not much to point at) however his communication with Yarraside could not be faulted in what were the FFA standards on Active Support at the time.

Understandably things at the FFA on these things have gotten stricter and stricter, and I know Munn has adjusted alongside these rules to some extent but Munn was almost never the deciding factor when it came to restrictions on Yarraside.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

By the way before some whizkid comes up with the bright idea to do a bit of "Copy and Paste"...

Take it now this as Preemptive Cease or Desist from those who dissolved Yarraside at the ending of our football club in that of Melbourne Heart that the name "Yarraside" is remaining only ever as an Group connected to Melbourne Heart FC.

A club which now sits firmly among many others in the annuals of Deceased Australian Sokka Clubs.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, schrecky said:

Yarraside , Melburnians , they don't own the active. Just a small groups that have taken the lead in coordinating. 

Active will go on, with or without these blokes at the helm.   As long as they dont do anything silly to try and stop active like northern terrace tried. then we continue on.  

We thank them as they have contributed greatly over the past 9 years, but im sure a new firm will emerge and take the lead or maybe there is no named group and it happens organically.

Nor have we ever claimed to own it (rather merely control it at various points in time). 

Those of us who controlled/ran YS have no interest in the affairs of the current terrace and anyone new may do as they please (except for using the name Yarraside or any of its variations).

Whilst the Yarraside days are fondly looked back upon by many, Yarraside is dead and people should move on to new things as opposed to trying to create some kind of Frankenstein's monster.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, malloy said:

Nor have we ever claimed to own it (rather merely control it at various points in time). 

Those of us who controlled/ran YS have no interest in the affairs of the current terrace and anyone new may do as they please (except for using the name Yarraside or any of its variations).

Whilst the Yarraside days are fondly looked back upon by many, Yarraside is dead and people should move on to new things as opposed to trying to create some kind of Frankenstein's monster.

Yarraside copyrighted is it?

I'm a little concerned about what could be a dangerous situation Saturday. 

Now I just want to put it out there I'm no wingy pussy but making a statement prior to the game being the last in their current guise it could open the door to some less intelligent individuals as being a free hit to cross the line with idiotic/unhelpful behavior. 

I think a statement post game would have been more prudent.

I just hope nothing too bad transpires. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I'm a little concerned about what could be a dangerous situation Saturday. 

Now I just want to put it out there I'm no wingy pussy but making a statement prior to the game being the last in their current guise it could open the door to some less intelligent individuals as being a free hit to cross the line with idiotic/unhelpful behavior. 

I think a statement post game would have been more prudent.

I just hope nothing too bad transpires. 

Yep, hold the same view tbh. It will attract the mouth breathers from both sides like blood to a shark. 

Sad news.

there is something bothering me about this announcement though and I’m a bit surprised no one else has brought it up.

As I understand the situation is that the current leadership of Melbournians has decided it’s all too hard and are giving it away. Fair enough. I don’t doubt it’s next level “thankless”.

How can they announce that Melburnians are being wound up though? They didn’t found it, all they are are the current leaders, the custodians if you like. Given leadership has changed a few times already aren’t  they just standing down without waiting for replacements? Surely if in the fullness of time if others come forward then they are back in business. 

Shoot me.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Sad news.

there is something bothering me about this announcement though and I’m a bit surprised no one else has brought it up.

As I understand the situation is that the current leadership of Melbournians has decided it’s all too hard and are giving it away. Fair enough. I don’t doubt it’s next level “thankless”.

How can they announce that Melburnians are being wound up though? They didn’t found it, all they are are the current leaders, the custodians if you like. Given leadership has changed a few times already aren’t  they just standing down without waiting for replacements? Surely if in the fullness of time if others come forward then they are back in business. 

Shoot me.

This is certainly a view that is gaining a lot of noise the past few days. 

On 17/12/2018 at 9:17 AM, schrecky said:

@Shahanga Isn't the above post the actual situation?

I'm not surprised that the current leadership is stepping down, just as the leaders of Yarraside stepped down. Mainly because it seems to me that the club has palpably changed - first with the ownership change, name change from Heart to City, and change in colours, and then I think again over the period commencing last season continuing into the current season, a period in which it seems to me the club has deliberately shut down most of the channels of communication with supporters - City Voice, Citizens, the FRG (last met in February 2018). At the moment the club seems to go out of its way to deliberately ignore us - even antagonise us (e.g. the use of navy blue in merchandise, advertising etc.).

That said, I agree with the premise that no-one owns active. To my simple mind it's a pity that the active supporters can't have changes in leadership as and when they happen - just as it happens in any club or society - without the need to change the name of the group as a whole.

Edited by jw1739

26 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

@Shahanga Isn't the above post the actual situation?.

That said, I agree with the premise that no-one owns active. To my simple mind it's a pity that the active supporters can't have changes in leadership as and when they happen - just as it happens in any club or society - without the need to change the name of the group as a whole.

Well the terrace leadership has changed quite a lot in the city era but the name never changed.

The yarraside wind up thing I found it interesting that the leaders viewed they owned the name, not the participants or “the fans”, but as an observer it seemed 1)none of my business and 2) the death of Heart was indeed a significant event.

I don’t want to pot these current guys but I do think they are overstating things. Perhaps an announcement that Melburnians was being suspended until new leaders come forward would have been sufficient. Anyway just my take.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Well the terrace leadership has changed quite a lot in the city era but the name never changed.

The yarraside wind up thing I found it interesting that the leaders viewed they owned the name, not the participants or “the fans”, but as an observer it seemed 1)none of my business and 2) the death of Heart was indeed a significant event.

I don’t want to pot these current guys but I do think they are overstating things. Perhaps an announcement that Melburnians was being suspended until new leaders come forward would have been sufficient. Anyway just my take.

Its not just the leaders, it was a decision made by all Core Members and then endorsed by the other 30 or so Official Yarraside Members.

• Thanks 1