Melbourne Football

The Petrillo Derby vs Adelaide - Sun 16/12 7pm AWAY

neio

On 14/12/2018 at 0:49 PM, jw1739 said:

So, I maintain my view that we could see Fornaroli, Caceres and O'Halloran all looking for an exit in the January window.

But Joyce is only what we call the presenting problem here. Everything he's doing is being encouraged/condoned/approved/tolerated by our owners, City Football Group. CFG is the root cause of all the woes besetting Melbourne City. I can't be bothered to sign any petition calling for Joyce's removal. Not only will he not be removed - after all he is the hand-picked choice of Brian Marwood - but even if he were all we would end up with would be a replacement hand-picked by Marwood, who would be charged with the same objective - deliver a supply of talented young footballers from whom we can deliver profits for City Football Group. There would be no open and transparent search for a manager to deliver premierships and championships for Melbourne City.

We should be campaigning not against Joyce but for the removal of the A-League licence from CFG, because the latter is not operating the club for the benefit of Australian football.

Unfortunately you are overlooking that FFA and CFG just fought a 2 year war.

CFG won and now have effective control of the FFA. They aren’t getting kicked out of the country any time soon.

58 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Unfortunately you are overlooking that FFA and CFG just fought a 2 year war.

CFG won and now have effective control of the FFA. They aren’t getting kicked out of the country any time soon.

I didn't overlook it. Nevertheless, the only thing that could bring any change to our club is, IMO, adverse media coverage and comments on what it's doing (and not doing).Totalitarian regimes just cannot take adverse criticism. And that's where I think the focus should be. Joyce is just a paid lackey. So are others - didn't take long as captain for Jamieson to toe the party line, did it?

"Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

In seven years of supporting, I don't recall ever feeling bleaker about where we are heading, or less engaged and enthused about the club. This is another season which will amount to nothing, almost certainly a worse outcome than the previous three seasons. We could well be down at the level we were as Heart, and at least then we had no expectations. Merry Christmas. 

I've been here since the very start. I never felt in any way disengaged from Heart - in fact I felt the opposite, even when we were bottom of the league. Naive perhaps, but I felt part of something. It was good to go out to the Family Day and see and hear Sidwell speak to the supporters. I just accepted that the club would gradually grow, and that the early years were just growing pains. We had open pre-season matches against local sides, and the youth team played at Thornbury and I went to most matches there - now I can't be bothered. Watch the second (winning) goal in the very first Derby - we strung the passes together in those days and played bold, adventurous football. Nostalgia, perhaps, but I hate the CFG brand as it stands today.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I've been here since the very start. I never felt in any way disengaged from Heart - in fact I felt the opposite, even when we were bottom of the league. Naive perhaps, but I felt part of something. It was good to go out to the Family Day and see and hear Sidwell speak to the supporters. I just accepted that the club would gradually grow, and that the early years were just growing pains. We had open pre-season matches against local sides, and the youth team played at Thornbury and I went to most matches there - now I can't be bothered. Watch the second (winning) goal in the very first Derby - we strung the passes together in those days and played bold, adventurous football. Nostalgia, perhaps, but I hate the CFG brand as it stands today.

Well said JW.

The heart and soul of the club is missing ATM, my only hope is that this is a precursor to change in the long term strategy and direction of the club.

We need to grind through this, keep putting pressure on via email and social media, and keep posting up our discontent here because I am sure they are scanning everything atm.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I couldn’t have worded it any better myself. As funny as it sounds but I’m an early Heart supporter and am also supporting Manchester City from prior to the CFG take over. I miss the old shitty Heart, at least I was a little proud of the club.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 2

You know things are bad when we're reminiscing about how good the Heart days were.

Completely agree that City have been severely underwhelming overall though, so much potential, so little delivery. 

And now Western Melbourne are going to come in to the league and invest, like what City should be doing. 

These times are as crucial for City as they are for any other club. 

Edited by RedAndWhitePride

2 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Harper made a great point. How the fuck did McCormack pass the same skinfold tests

Ross was also dropped for disciplinary reason plus the main difference is that he was actually scoring goals. Ross was instantly benched when he couldn’t stay anymore, so did Kamau. Which makes me think maybe Fornaroli has signed somewhere else perhaps.