Melbourne Football

Round 7: No Bruno V Remember Robbie Fowler @ NIB stadium 8/12 10pm

xXCiTyZeNXx

9 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I was just about to say I don't know why Baccus gets so much stick. He essentially plays the same as Mooy for the national team. So far most of his passes have been forwards. 

He’s forced forward more, that’s because we play with 3 at the back and the 3 glory forwards are right behind him and in between our defenders, they are closing the backpasses off. Trust me this forward play wasn’t the case in the previous games in our standard formation. But he’s onto Castro and is playing well.

Edited by Mr MO

3 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

He’s forced forward more, that’s because we play with 3 at the back and the 3 glory forwards are right behind him and in between our defenders, they are closing the backpasses off. Trust me this forward play wasn’t the case in the previous games in our standard formation. But he’s onto Castro and is playing well.

I know. That's why I said the decisions he normally makes with his passes is in essence like what Mooy does for the national team. A lot of sideways and backward passes to control the tempo of the game. He's the last player we should be concerned or having a go at is my main point. 

• Like 2

Good defensive effort until 40 minutes, then it was clear that we were going to concede, and we did.

Wazza looks like he'd set the team up for the draw, when we got the ball behind the Glory defenders we were usually outnumbered 4 or 5 to 1, never going to create a scoring opportunity. Once, we had 3 players in the box, Glory had 5. How are we going to score with such a defensive mentality and no striker?

Usual slow ball movement, I'm sick of seeing it and saying it. Lots of sterile possession

Time for Wazza to bring on a defender

Edited by belaguttman

Completely dominated them. Pressed high and forced them to play shit. Not only did we control possession, but we countered quickly. Playing Wales on the wing and getting him behind the defence worked.

But of course, when things are going your way as they are for Perth this season, shit like that goal will happen. Pretty sure it was a foul too on our boy that started their move.

Just hope we don't tire and get run over.

2 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

..Usual slow ball movement, I'm sick of seeing it and saying it. Lots of sterile possession...

Sorry, but that's just the same line you trot out each week and just plain incorrect tonight.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rass said:

Sorry, but that's just the same line you trot out each week and just plain incorrect tonight.

if we had rapid ball and player movement we wouldn't be seeing 1 attacker against 4 or 5 defenders over and over. There's no change of pace in the front third, few supporting runs. Balls over the top for Wales to run onto but few diagonal balls.

Sad to see Spiranovic break down again 

What's the plan here? Like, is there's a plan? What, hold on to possession and pass it around a bit and have some more possession and then pass it around some more...and then what? What's the fricken PLAN??? And if the reason a plan, does EVERY player know what the plan is? Because it doesn't look like any one of them is following any one FUCKING PLAN!!! <_<

There are two ways this season could turn out OK. 

1.Wazza proves to be a tactical and organisational genius, with our late comeback win at Perth sparking an unbeaten run right through January. 

2. The 5-0 drubbing in the derby makes three losses on the trot. Wazza is sacked, the new manager brings in some canny signings and gets rid of dead wood. We enter the finals as the in form side and sweep all before us. 

Neither seems likely. What will really happen will be much more of the same, chaos, poor form, and fans voting with their feet. Sixth if we're lucky and out of the finals with a whimper.