Melbourne Football

Round 7: No Bruno V Remember Robbie Fowler @ NIB stadium 8/12 10pm

xXCiTyZeNXx

Not looking forward to this one, we rarely travel well to Perth and now they are getting castro back. 

Most games I am usually optimistic and very hopeful, but I can't see us winning this one at all. Maybe a draw if Wazza plays 10 defenders which is definitely a chance

This very much smells like one of them random A-league upset type fixtures. One team is top of the league, playing like a well oiled machine, the other is making it up as it goes along, missing their best player and notoriously shit on the road. 1-0 City with Perth Glory having 17 shots on goal, Eugene MOTM.  

11 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

This very much smells like one of them random A-league upset type fixtures. One team is top of the league, playing like a well oiled machine, the other is making it up as it goes along, missing their best player and notoriously shit on the road. 1-0 City with Perth Glory having 17 shots on goal, Eugene MOTM.  

???
Regular league away matches under Joyce: P-W-D-L
2017-18:                                                              13-6-2-5
2018-19 to date:                                                  3-1-1-1

30 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

???
Regular league away matches under Joyce: P-W-D-L
2017-18:                                                              13-6-2-5
2018-19 to date:                                                  3-1-1-1

Fair point. I probably should've been a little more specific and said Perth in JVS/Aloisi days.

50 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I think, from memory, that we've won once in Perth. This won't be one of them. The Joyce apologists will keep their belief though

We have definitely won twice there that I can remember. Once we were still heart, duganzic scored a 90th minute winner, and last season might have been arzani first start 

Read this article https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/wales-reveals-key-to-bruno-row-516436?fbclid=IwAR0szPPAxRMBFNh6VM-YkFd3G3S9HYp0fX0qSdYBpT9oBV7l9_FKq-g7Bl8 

It states "“Warren just says ‘Whoever trains the best will play’ and that’s what you’re seeing at the moment.” Not a philosophy I agree with, I am more inclined to "do not train hard and to your best ability then you will not play" He is committing suicide and pushing the self destruct button with some of his philosophies, he must give himself scope to play his best players and thus his best team.

This may throw some light on why the players are out of position because he selects his best trainers then he has to find a formation to suit that XI. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Read this article https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/wales-reveals-key-to-bruno-row-516436?fbclid=IwAR0szPPAxRMBFNh6VM-YkFd3G3S9HYp0fX0qSdYBpT9oBV7l9_FKq-g7Bl8 

It states "“Warren just says ‘Whoever trains the best will play’ and that’s what you’re seeing at the moment.” Not a philosophy I agree with, I am more inclined to "do not train hard and to your best ability then you will not play" He is committing suicide and pushing the self destruct button with some of his philosophies, he must give himself scope to play his best players and thus his best team.

This may throw some light on why the players are out of position because he selects his best trainers then he has to find a formation to suit that XI. 

Doesn't matter how good you are with the ball, if you're only 12th best in training then you won't get a start...

Sounds like a boarding school thing, doesn't it? "Athletics standards." If you couldn't run the cross country under the "standard time" your "reward" was that you had to stagger round the course again. Didn't matter whether you were suited to distance running or not.

12 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

We expecting the Same line up this week?

id love to see Bruno in for Vidosic and Griffiths in for Baccus.

not holding my breathe though 

I can't understand the anti-Baccus sentiment on here. Has the Forum found its new whipping boy (along with Wales)? Griffiths has done absolutely nothing with the minutes he's had so far.

The way Joyce digs in his heels I doubt we'll see Bruno. I don't know who should come in for Vidosic, but someone should - he's nothing like he was earlier in the season.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I can't understand the anti-Baccus sentiment on here. Has the Forum found its new whipping boy (along with Wales)? Griffiths has done absolutely nothing with the minutes he's had so far.

The way Joyce digs in his heels I doubt we'll see Bruno. I don't know who should come in for Vidosic, but someone should - he's nothing like he was earlier in the season.

For me Griffiths is better defensively and Bratts is better at creating attacking opportunities. 

Plus he reminds me of John Legend and that triggers me for some reason

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Well the position he plays in and the minutes given its very hard for him to have an effect. 

With Griffiths, its his on field leadership that would make me swap him with Baccuss. When Perth had that good year when they cheated the cap he was dominant and crucial to their game. 

11 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Talking City are reporting no Bruno in the squad again. I suppose the excuse will be that we'll be stuffed anyway, Bruno or no Bruno. This club really does destroy the patience of its fans. 

Fixed.

The team is in for Saturday’s clash with Perth. See who’s in and who’s out of this week’s side. It’s an unchanged 18 that has been selected for the trip across the Nullabor as City look to string back to back wins against a tough Perth side.

Head Coach Warren Joyce admitted on Sunday that it was unlikely that his side would change significantly ahead of the contest as 17th and 18th men Ramy Najjarine and Connor Metcalfe retain their spot for selection. Osama Malik has returned to full training and is now available for selection after recovering from his calf injury while Michael O’Halloran is only weeks off from making a full return.

Melbourne City face Perth Glory on Saturday night at nib Stadium. Kick-off 10.pm AEST

1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ritchie De LAET, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c) , 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Riley MCGREE, 10.Dario VIDOSIC, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 15.Kearyn BACCUS, 18.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 19.Lachlan WALES, 21.Ramy NAJJARINE, 22.Curtis GOOD, 25.Iacopo LA ROCCA, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER, 34.Connor METCALFE
**two to be omitted**
Ins: 21.Ramy NAJJARINE (promoted), 34.Connor METCALFE (promoted).
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: 11.Michael O’HALLORAN (hamstring)

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/team-news-citys-round-7-squad-0

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

He's mentioned in the text as "available", but there's no mention of Caceres or Bruno.

Yeh I noticed that as well but a little odd that he's not mentioned in the list for the 'INS'. Take it as being as being a mistake that's been added. Although the club does have track record of simply omitting players without a heads up. 

Edited by n i k o