Melbourne Football

We are one

HeartOfCity

Haz

Everyone wear Red would be a good start. Doesnt have to be Heart merch, just red in general

I dont mind this, actually what i feel would be the most effictive way of standing together in this quagmire we find ourselves is that we all need to be on the same page and be one unit. 

So the Melburnians have said no chanting for 23 minutes then rip out a Bruno chant, maybe more can be done......... 

-I like the wearing red idea i think it has legs

-instead of "if you love city chant" maybe after the Bruno chant it can merge into support for the players

"if you back our boys stand up

If you want Joyce out stand up"

Im not sure this needs to be seperate thread but it seemed if we mentioned stuff in one area then good ideas wouldnt get lost.

Edited by HeartOfCity
  • Like 4

I do hope that they choose for an empty bay and a banner to start with. Keep the active bay empty until minute 23.

Changing chant lyrics or being quiet by itself will have less impact in an empty stadium or on TV I’m afraid.

Anything visual is much more likely shown on tv and the possible highlights and will do more lasting damage to the CFG.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I do hope that they choose for an empty bay and a banner to start with. Keep the active bay empty until minute 23.

Yes, exactly the type of idea that could make an impact, not just for the cameras. 

I know this would never happen and it might be a bit silly to bring it up, but what if everyone in the stadium didnt go in until the 23rd minute then the Bruno chant started...........

3 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Yes, exactly the type of idea that could make an impact, not just for the cameras. 

I know this would never happen and it might be a bit silly to bring it up, but what if everyone in the stadium didnt go in until the 23rd minute then the Bruno chant started...........

If only we could organise and get the word out. Will not happen. But ideal for impact. What is the compromise?

I dont usually sit in active, but I am thinking of joining in this week without the Mrs and lending my voice (or non).

In my opinion as many people as possible wearing red on Sunday and ditching the City Blue (registered colour trademark, all rights reserved) is the quickest and simplest way to get the word out around social media platforms be it for active area and everywhere else.

The additional stuff about the 23m mark can follow on.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Changing chant lyrics or being quiet by itself will have less impact in an empty stadium or on TV I’m afraid.

Anything visual is much more likely shown on tv and the possible highlights and will do more lasting damage to the CFG.

Bay empty but banner :up:

Chanting at 23 min mark :up:

Wearing Red rather than City Blue :up:

Time to make a statement as others are saying. Either CFG listens and respects fans our they can move on.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cloughie said:

In my opinion as many people as possible wearing red on Sunday and ditching the City Blue (registered colour trademark, all rights reserved) is the quickest and simplest way to get the word out around social media platforms be it for active area and everywhere else.

The additional stuff about the 23m mark can follow on.

Red-and-white for me until something changes for the better at the club. Unfortunately, after Sunday we have two away matches and the next home match is the Christmas Derby. However, we have four home matches in January and we ought to be able to be co-ordinated by then.

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

This red and white protest strikes a certain chord with me for some reason. *rummages through closest to find red and white placard.

I can’t image CFG getting worried about the 100 odd supporters in red, empty bays and banners on tv is much more bad exposure.

but both is always better!

Edited by Mr MO

I reckon any protest - banners, chants, clothing - that targets CFG (and not just Joyce) would most definitely get their attention. Probably likely to be reported in Manchester too.

I'm pretty sure that the Sheik and Co are used to being viewed by the club supporters as benevolent saviours rather than football parasites.

11 minutes ago, Cloughie said:

I reckon any protest - banners, chants, clothing - that targets CFG (and not just Joyce) would most definitely get their attention. Probably likely to be reported in Manchester too.

I'm pretty sure that the Sheik and Co are used to being viewed by the club supporters as benevolent saviours rather than football parasites.

Red everything. Its all about brand image for them. Anything that we can do to damage it is good for us

• Like 1

just read this topic wear red ,

23min silence  etc  wtf why would they care ,the only people who would turn up are paying members,cfg  have your money suckers

en masse no one turn up, harass membership for refunds, empty stadium, tv pissed off, next year don,t renew membership  join new team or watch the womens team

Edited by silloth52
mistake

1 hour ago, silloth52 said:

just read this topic wear red ,

23min silence  etc  wtf why would they care ,the only people who would turn up are paying members,cfg  have your money suckers

en masse no one turn up, harass membership for refunds, empty stadium, tv pissed off, next year don,t renew membership  join new team or watch the womens team

I hope you realise that if you don't have a membership you'll have to pay to watch both the youth and women's teams.