Melbourne Football

Round 6: City V Newcastle Plane @ "Lucky you're with AAMI" park 7pm

xXCiTyZeNXx

9 minutes ago, haz said:

Go and hold up your sign then.

Mate im just not going, will spend 4hrs travelling at least and i aint doing that to watch a Warren Joyce managed team. Will be at the Christmas Derby because my son hasnt been to a Derby before and i promised him we would, then every game after that is going to be well down in priority for things to do on my well earned weekend

9 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Mate im just not going, will spend 4hrs travelling at least and i aint doing that to watch a Warren Joyce managed team. Will be at the Christmas Derby because my son hasnt been to a Derby before and i promised him we would, then every game after that is going to be well down in priority for things to do on my well earned weekend

If Wazza is still coach by the derby then gd luck and bring some tissues ..say goodbye to ACL , Premiers and champions 

2 minutes ago, malloy said:

I was thinking the same, but now I am leaning towards turning up to show displeasure at Joyce/CFG

The problems I see with not going are 1) any protest or demonstration will have less impact and 2) our crowds are so poor anyway that no-one will notice a few less.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jw1739 said:

The problems I see with not going are 1) any protest or demonstration will have less impact and 2) our crowds are so poor anyway that no-one will notice a few less.

Agree, though my initial decision not to attend was more out of apatgy than as an act of protest.

That being said it is sunday 7pm game so still not sure i will go.

Not rocking up to games will make it worse in my opinion. The players will have that little motivation they have in themselves vanish as well. Chanting Bruno's name is more constructive and surely Joyce will hear it. 

In all our years in existence, it's always the managers that have ruined MCFC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't find the specific thread just at the moment, but keep those e-mails rolling in in reply to "Your Guide to Sunday's match" etc. They are being read. I just had a call from the club asking me my feelings about the reply I sent. Whoever called me (Marketing Manager I think he said) said he had more calls to make on the same subject to fans who had e-mailed in.

Main points I made:
1. The club has the appearance of being in turmoil at the moment.
2. There appears to be no conflict resolution process at the club - this is only the latest in a long line of similar stand-offs with players.
3. Joyce's attempt at explanation in the post-match presser was not adequate.
4. Agreements made in the off-season about training standards and selection are all very well, but circumstances change and agreements need to be flexible. Especially for a player such as Bruno, who I called "talismanic."

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I can't find the specific thread just at the moment, but keep those e-mails rolling in in reply to "Your Guide to Sunday's match" etc. They are being read. I just had a call from the club asking me my feelings about the reply I sent. Whoever called me (Marketing Manager I think he said) said he had more calls to make on the same subject to fans who had e-mailed in.

Main points I made:
2. There appears to be no conflict resolution process at the club - this is only the latest in a long line of similar stand-offs with players.
4. Agreements made in the off-season about training standards and selection are all very well, but circumstances change and agreements need to be flexible. Especially for a player such as Bruno, who I called "talismanic."

Did you email the membership department or just reply to that "Your Guide to Sunday's match" email?

22 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Main points I made:

I spoke with Dale, I don't envy his job at them moment.

I find it kind of humorous that "if" you take the line that Melbourne City is a direct continuation of Melbourne Heart, that the clubs most vocal supporters will have hold two media worthy protests against two of three club's coaches in a period of under ten years. 

This sounds more like the actions you would expect of frustrated Milanese blokes: A bunch of people who as supporters have seen some of world's best footballers for large parts of their lives win things and therefore they dont put up with much less... not exactly the Heart-City-Experience from what I can recall.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

Did you email the membership department or just reply to that "Your Guide to Sunday's match" email?

@[LIBBA] Replied to the e-mail using Microsoft Outlook's "reply" function. If you do that you'll find that your message actually goes to the club's Membership Department.

58 minutes ago, rayv36 said:

I spoke with Dale, I don't envy his job at them moment.

That's all well and good and Dale is obviously getting an earful, my question is,

Where the fuck is Munn?!

The supporter backlash is huge, getting media attention as the biggest news in the A-league, social media is exploding with rants directly at the club, Munn, and Wazza, with direct support for Bruno, and not a word from our CEO.

What a massive joke.

Drain the swamp.

#MunnPetrilloJoyceOUT

#DaleIN

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 2

Had them call me while at work. Damage control is in overdrive. 

If those attending the game want to make their feelings known, turning your back in the 23rd minute isn't going to have the visual effect. Walking out into the concourse for 2 minutes as the clock hits 23 minutes will have a far bigger visual effect on the fox footage. 

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Main points I made:

I got a call too. 

Attention all Melbourne City Fans, Bruno is in great danger, and he needs your help to get rid of Warren Joyce! But to do this, he needs a starting spot and a bag full of goals. To help him, all he needs is your match attendance, some creative banners, and your loudest voice. But, you gotta be there, so Bruno can secure his XI spot and acheive the epic, coach sacking!

Edited by haz
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, haz said:

Attention all Melbourne City Fans, Bruno is in great danger, and he needs your help to get rid of Warren Joyce! But to do this, he needs a starting spot and a bag full of goals. To help him, all he needs is your match attendance, some creative banners, and your loudest voice. But, you gotta be there, so Bruno can secure his XI spot and acheive the epic, coach sacking!

Did you get from someone or you came up with that?

Now is it just me or is anyone else fkn pumped for this game due to the shit that's ganna go down? :ph34r:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Did you get from someone or you came up with that?

Now is it just me or is anyone else fkn pumped for this game due to the shit that's ganna go down? :ph34r:

We are going down 3-0.

60% possession.

"We controled the game and dictated play."

And what about Bruno?

"Bruno is working hard, like everyone, to get into the starting 11." 

Any other comments?

"Obviously you want to do well and I thought there were plenty of positives from the game."

Thanks for speaking to us Warren

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, playmaker said:

That's all well and good and Dale is obviously getting an earful, my question is,

Where the fuck is Munn?!

The supporter backlash is huge, getting media attention as the biggest news in the A-league, social media is exploding with rants directly at the club, Munn, and Wazza, with direct support for Bruno, and not a word from our CEO.

What a massive joke.

Drain the swamp.

#MunnPetrilloJoyceOUT

#DaleIN

he is where he always is - MISSING!

No matter which way you dice it, the total failure of this club can ONLY be placed on this bloke, or should I say position. He aint a CEO's ar$eho!e!

send him back to the suns - he can clean up that mess. Utter salary-thief this bloke. 

1 hour ago, haz said:

Anyone see Jamieson's interview where he agrees/sides with Joyce?

I’m not surprised, poor guy works hard but can’t pass or cross properly and struggles to take players on. He’s got made captain because he runs most miles on training I guess.

What annoys me most is that Joyce refers to him as an example on how players work their way back in team - as if playing through the season with Delbridge as LB was really an option.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1