Melbourne Football

Round 6: City V Newcastle Plane @ "Lucky you're with AAMI" park 7pm

xXCiTyZeNXx

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

Three decades ago, the then owner of Walsall FC, one Ken Wheldon, also had interests in Birmingham City. He thought it would be a great wheeze to have both teams playing at Birmingham's ground so that he could sell Walsall's ground. News broke on the morning of a home match at Walsall. There was a good turnout, and the crowd made their feelings felt. To a man, woman and child, the chant rang round the ground 'Fuck off Wheldon'. For ten minutes. The ground sharing idea died that day and Wheldon soon sold the club. Having financial interests in more than one club in the UK is now banned. 

I leave this with you as a useful example, if you think fans can't impact what goes on. 

Either we all show in support and yell fuck off Joyce.

Or we do not turn up, which is a big fuck off Joyce.

Either way we need to get the word out - fuck Joyce.

• Like 2

If MOH is almost ready to come back (game time as a sub). He will have to drop Baccus as we need to learn to play without him. He incidentally came as a winger replacement and has played defensive midfield in all of our 5 games. Therefore I expect Brattan and Caceres to play if he is playing 4:2:3:1.

Or does he keep him as long as he can (as he has stated) and not give MOH game time as he believes, he has cover for MOH with his attacking midfielders. 

1 hour ago, Inchcolm said:

If MOH is almost ready to come back (game time as a sub). He will have to drop Baccus as we need to learn to play without him. He incidentally came as a winger replacement and has played defensive midfield in all of our 5 games. Therefore I expect Brattan and Caceres to play if he is playing 4:2:3:1.

Or does he keep him as long as he can (as he has stated) and not give MOH game time as he believes, he has cover for MOH with his attacking midfielders. 

We don't need MOH, he's an attacker. Ideally, we'd have 10 Centre Backs

2 hours ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Either we all show in support and yell fuck off Joyce.

Or we do not turn up, which is a big fuck off Joyce.

Either way we need to get the word out - fuck Joyce.

There's a scarf design competition on at the moment. We could all submit entries along the above lines...

• Like 1

All this happening whilst a third Melbourne team will be announced in barely two weeks. 

It's an absolute shambles, this is Aloisi level bad purely because we're losing our best players etc and to top it off, there'll be under 5k on Sunday night. 

I remember when we used to joke that Bruno would eventually be pushed out from Joyce's regime, this should really be the final straw. 

Edited by RedAndWhitePride

4 hours ago, mjake1234 said:

Make that 4,790. My wife and I won't be going. First time we have ever deliberately not attended.

I understand how you feel. I just can't bring myself to do it after all these years of watching football. I wish I could in some ways, but I know I'd regret doing it.

1 hour ago, Imtellingyou said:

As a member there are two options, potentially three.  Membership renewal at the end of season. Switch  to Victory.  Join Melbourne third team, if. For me it's automatic renewal. 

A Miracle on Olympic Blvd won't happen. Individual  (non)attendance won't make difference. 

If Team11 gets up I'll join, to get more football, but I won't quit City. 

To my mind protests such as Joyce out get scant attention at the media or suit and tie level. It's yet another supporter group fed up with their manager. Dead common.

But something along the lines of "City Group Out" and "No more Manchester Player Puppy Farm" - that gets a lot of attention. Bonus if added to twitter, insta and Man City forums.

I have no doubt that City Group (and Man City fans) think that everything is sunshine and peaches with the clubs that received the benevolent buyout.

Might get a shock to learn that a lot of us think their shit stinks to high heaven

On 11/26/2018 at 2:00 PM, rass said:

Definitely be there, especially as junior Rass will accompany the players out. Tipping he's hoping to pair up with Petratos or Vargas given what we dished out the other night...

Had junior LIBBA walk out with the players against Wellington. Absolutely loved it. Got Wales who is his favorite player which was a bonus

• Like 2

19 hours ago, dconder13 said:

Anyone else get an email ‘from’ Richie trying to convince us to rock up Sunday night? 

19 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Absolutely in damage control. Pathetic move. Burn the place to the ground 

Think this too. Add in that someone leaked that info on Bruno who is inside the club which resulted in those articles about Sydney and skin folds. Its an absolute shit show at the moment

Edited by Dylan

Fuck it.  Despite being totally underwhelmed so far this season, I am making the 160km round trip on my one day off OUT of the city.  And I expect all you ferkers to do the same. 

Get behind them.  And yes, if what we see sucks, let HIM know.

See you there.  Be loud and/or possibly angry. Love that Walsall story too!    

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, CityWildcat said:

Fuck it.  Despite being totally underwhelmed so far this season, I am making the 160km round trip on my one day off OUT of the city.  And I expect all you ferkers to do the same. 

Spot on mate!

Dont get what not rocking up achieves considering CFG know our crowds are shite and clearly dont give a shit.

If the performance is fuckin crap, a booing at half time and full time has more of an impact and gets attention.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CityWildcat said:

THANK YOU :up:

1 hour ago, neio said:

We havnt even picked Bruno in the squad this week, won't be surprised if he is never seen on a city shirt again

Load up on Newcastle at $3.50

We could make a pretty good team from the Wazza cold-shouldered players, or the players that have had difficulties with him

Jakobsen Tongyik

Kilkenny Brattan Caceras Griffiths 

Brandan Cahill Fornaroli Genreau

Coaching list: Valkanis Montemurro

we're just missing a keeper and a few more defenders.

Sadly, I think that we've seen the last of Bruno in City colours:(

I predict a 0-3 loss, we have 60% possession, no shots on target, Jets score 3 with 3 counter-attacks. We don't get behind the Jets defence once. Seagulls outnumber the masochists, and Wazza gets a 'rousing reception'.

Edited by belaguttman

Curtis Good??  Right on!!

My 16-year-old son, raised in Geordieland,  will def be coming with me on Sunday now.  After the Xmas derby, the next game he (not me) will see will be Newcastle v Man U at St James Park.   

No Bruno?  I'm not quite ready to light the flare over that one.  He's had very poor service this season, so has struggled.  Changing shit up is not gonna make us worse in front of their goal.  Sorry.

Edited by CityWildcat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HEARTinator said:

45142597265_f3a858bb27_o.jpg

This should just happen! PEOPLE need to stop saying he's only gone 5 games into the season. If we dont stand up to this rubbish then we will always be walked over and us as a supporter base will just have to deal with whatever is dished up. I dont know about the rest of you but the money and time i invest is just not taken seariously enough by CFG. I aint going Sunday as I give no fucks anymore, i hope CFG dont make a cent against Newcastle . Already cancelled my automatic renewel for the membership next year. 

1 minute ago, HeartOfCity said:

If we dont stand up to this rubbish then we will always be walked over and us as a supporter base will just have to deal with whatever is dished up

2 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

I aint going Sunday as I give no fucks anymore.

Go and hold up your sign then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

We could make a pretty good team from the Wazza cold-shouldered players, or the players that have had difficulties with him

Jakobsen Tongyik

Kilkenny Brattan Caceras Griffiths 

Brandan Cahill Fornaroli Genreau

Coaching list: Valkanis Montemurro

we're just missing a keeper and a few more defenders.

Sadly, I think that we've seen the last of Bruno in City colours:(

I predict a 0-3 loss, we have 60% possession, no shots on target, Jets score 3 with 3 counter-attacks. We don't get behind the Jets defence once. Seagulls outnumber the masochists, and Wazza gets a 'rousing reception'.

Bouzanis. Understood to have left because of the appointment of Kalac as GK coach.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1