Melbourne Football

Round 6: City V Newcastle Plane @ "Lucky you're with AAMI" park 7pm

xXCiTyZeNXx

5 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

I hope we lose every week until this dickhead is replaced.

IMO he needs to start playing players in their preferred positions, and pay a lot less attention to this "how they perform in training" obsession he has. IMO it's the latter where he is going hopelessly wrong. Training started on 5th July - they are professionals and are fit and ready to play - to obsess over some "metric" in training is just not sensible at this stage of a season. He's just unsettling everyone connected with the club. Players play best when they're relaxed - if they're stressed out over training, over whether they'll be selected and where, etc. then they won't be relaxed in the actual match. I think this shows painfully obviously when we play - players are scared to make a mistake.

To sum it up, Joyce manufactures a crisis in the club every single fucking week by his stupid management style.

Oh yes, and could whoever is responsible do something about the seagulls before there are 500+ of them on the ground?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

IMO he needs to start playing players in their preferred positions, and pay a lot less attention to this "how they perform in training" obsession he has. IMO it's the latter where he is going hopelessly wrong. Training started on 5th July - they are professionals and are fit and ready to play - to obsess over some "metric" in training is just not sensible at this stage of a season. He's just unsettling everyone connected with the club. Players play best when they're relaxed - if they're stressed out over training, over whether they'll be selected and where, etc. then they won't be relaxed in the actual match. I think this shows painfully obviously when we play - players are scared to make a mistake.

To sum it up, Joyce manufactures a crisis in the club every single fucking week by his stupid management style.

Oh yes, and could whoever is responsible do something about the seagulls before there are 500+ of them on the ground?

Not wrong.

But also, playing players where they belong still cannot manufacture a decent and competitive game of football. The players have to want to be out there; believe in the system as a group; work cohesively to eachothers strengths; trust in the Gaffer.

Cant see us beating Newcastle. Maybe a goal by Bruno as an "up yours" might do us some good, but these issues are way deeper than surface deep. 

12 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

To play players in the their preferred position you need to have players first to cover all positions - preferably 2 players for every position for competing spots. We don’t have any strikers or wingers and it’s our front half part where it’s mainly going wrong.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

To play players in the their preferred position you need to have players first to cover all positions - preferably 2 players for every position for competing spots. We don’t have any strikers or wingers and it’s our front half part where it’s mainly going wrong.

OK, and we might not have an ideal squad, but against Wellington we did at least look a coherent team, so why change? I'm happy with Wales on the right, and Bruno in the middle - it's only the LW that causes me any concern.

As for Bruno, surely Najjar is the replacement? 

Honestly, I don't mind losing or coming last if the team is being managed properly - but IMO it is Joyce causing these issues for us, not opposition players or coaches.

2 hours ago, citypool said:

Newcastle are licking their lips at playing us when we’re down 

And it won't get any easier for us after Newcastle. Perth away, Adelaide away and then Victory at home in the Christmas Derby. We could easily lose all three of those.

It has been said many times, he needs to play a formation that suits his players, not a formation that suits him. If you only have one striker you play him because as yesterday showed, you will not score by not playing a striker (even if it is only to distract the centre backs). For me our teams formation with the players we have should be narrow 4:2:3:1 Our only winger is injured therefore play narrow and use the full backs for width. But Joyce has his own agenda and he will play with two wingers in a 4:1:4:1 and the striker can be anyone who passes his training fitness scores.

9 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

, he needs to play a formation that suits his players

Nah he needs to gtfo, he is a useless drama queen who obviously got his recuiting wrong, did jack shit during the preseason and has lost the players early in the season.

Time for him to leave as there is no way back. Damage is done.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Nah he needs to gtfo, he is a useless drama queen who obviously got his recuiting wrong, did jack shit during the preseason and has lost the players early in the season.

Time for him to leave as there is no way back. Damage is done.

He would be wise to resign and cite "family reasons" or some such. He has a 47%win record in the A-League and City's highest-ever League finish, both of which will look good on his CV, because no-one outside of Australia pays any attention to the A-League and they therefore won't know the details of the shit football club we have become under his time here.

• Haha 1

Tbh I hope we get pumped.

Crowd will be no more than 5k. Joyce to get sacked the following day. Joyce is very lucky last year he subbed on Arzani against Wellington and it was at that point our season turned. Arzani had the brilliance to create something from nothing and we were also lucky Ross could hit free kicks and take pens.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Fredinho69 said:

Tbh I hope we get pumped.

Crowd will be no more than 5k. Joyce to get sacked the following day. Joyce is very lucky last year he subbed on Arzani against Wellington and it was at that point our season turned. Arzani had the brilliance to create something from nothing and we were also lucky Ross could hit free kicks and take pens.

He won't be sacked since his contact expires at the end of the season.

• Like 1

Look I understand the sentiment that supporters want to go to support the players. 

But as supporters there are very little tools for us to use to show what we think as a group. I think the support for Joyce has collapsed. We have all seen this roller coaster before, we will win this week lose the next etc etc and meander through the season yet again. 

This time we need to lace the boil early.

• Like 1

Three decades ago, the then owner of Walsall FC, one Ken Wheldon, also had interests in Birmingham City. He thought it would be a great wheeze to have both teams playing at Birmingham's ground so that he could sell Walsall's ground. News broke on the morning of a home match at Walsall. There was a good turnout, and the crowd made their feelings felt. To a man, woman and child, the chant rang round the ground 'Fuck off Wheldon'. For ten minutes. The ground sharing idea died that day and Wheldon soon sold the club. Having financial interests in more than one club in the UK is now banned. 

I leave this with you as a useful example, if you think fans can't impact what goes on. 

• Like 1