Melbourne Football

The NRL thread

danepak

Nothing beat the doggies Star Wars jersey for shitness. Even had a Bobcat parked behind the sticks for Ryan's last game.

00013942-image.jpg

Awesome fightback from the Eels today as well.

Haha. Uh shit! I forgot about that shirt!

Not wrong about Parra's come back. Balmain's field goal on half time was their saving grace.

Craigie was a toss, Tookey is an Icon.

Not really about positions, Just an all round champ.

Craigie was a 100kg five-eighth whose speed defied the fundamental laws of physics. He also amassed 300 professional appearances, and won a premiership. The fat c*nt was actually a child prodigy.

Tookey well, is just an injury prone, fat c*nt that had no talent and a wannanbe islander for some unfortunate and retarded reason.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to change when Storm first started (As a Vic over in Perth) yet I could not support em over the Sea Eagles.

I was stuck, glad I drew the line in the sand however as the 2 sides have developed quite a rivalry.

And now my parents live a few mins a away from Manly so it kinda makes sense...

The League is fairly fucked TBH.

So many of it supporters prefer to watch it at Leagues Clubs than at the ground...

In Sydney itself so many former fans in general have just given up showing interest - Its weird for a Victorian to see.

When the local Sydney club's embraced the pokies all those years back for instant cash:

The effect it would have on club culture and crowds involved in the game has just been fucken terrible...

The AFL club’s today are so lucky that the State Governments at the time did not allow them to do the same.

Very very true.

Went to the Panther Club a few years back. Scary stuff.

I'm guessing the parting of company between Gallop and the Board has a hell of a lot to do with expansion. DG would change his mind and throw out useless 'answers' about expansion bids. Could be a good or a bad thing.

CC Bears, Perth, Corridor and Brisbane Bombers should all be in the comp by the end of the Decade.

Also with Gallop being pro News LTD, surely Nine will keep the TV rights.

Edited by Woody

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Stoked with the Bunnies performance on Saturday night. Hope like heck they get to the big one bare minimum just to give the fans something. One of the most exciting teams when they are on. Pure insanity.

For Friday I have no idea who I want to win less. Flipping the coin just before kick off.

Stoked with the Bunnies performance on Saturday night. Hope like heck they get to the big one bare minimum just to give the fans something. One of the most exciting teams when they are on. Pure insanity.

For Friday I have no idea who I want to win less. Flipping the coin just before kick off.

Wish the Manly game was in Syd this week rather than in Melbourne, as I prob would have gone...

Will more than likely go heavily inebriated and give everyone a piece of my mind.

A decent number of Storm Members are actually Warriors supporters who simply crave some regular League Action - So I could see u liking them better than Manly supporters who I have to say after my visit to Brookvale were actually worse than what I had already prepared myself for...

A similar thing goes on in Freo with Dockers Members as heaps of them are Vic’s who still support their Vic team but end up becoming Freo Members due to hating the WCE and wanting to watch footy...

In my family half of us did this when Freo played Geelong and the other half Carlton, and all around our seats we had other members who were supporters of basically all the other Vic sides who all cheered prob louder than a lot of the actual Freo supporters for Freo in every other game.

I hate the Storm. Always have always will. They've been our biggest rivals (despite maybe the Broncos) from our short history plus i've never personally taken a liking to them especially when my brother championed the fuck out of them to all and sundry after the couple of 'Premierships'. Plus some of the shittest people I have ever met are proud fans. I took great pleasure in pissing in one particular dickhead's mailboxes shortly after the major revoke. :D

A few of my mates are on the fence due to only really getting into the game from occasionally watching Origin, but have decided to hop on with a few Sydney based sides and one Queensland team.

If Manly hasn't got up on us last year i'd probably be lending them my support. Due to not living in Sydney I guess I just don't hate Snake and Co as much as I should.

Not that i'm bitter or anything ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...