Melbourne Football

The NRL thread

danepak

Souths won today, now its our turn!

Great win by Souths, so good being able to watch the game as well in Melbourne

Precision by GI in that final kick. could never do that again even if he kicked that same distance for the rest of his life. Love the Jerseys paying homage to the Maggies. Some really cool stories coming out of the reunion with Kelly and Raudonikis again the life of the party.

Glad i dont get my lotto numbers from ya Woody ;)

STORM.

-

Cock-Sucking-Cowboys

gg phaggots.

6-0 start to the season. We've scored close to 200 points in 6 matches. Jelly?

Obviously breaching the salary cap, again.

• Like 1

Not sure what the hell the Warriors are up to at the moment.

Not impressed.

Do we miss Ivan Cleary too much?

Selections are rancid. Bluey needs a boot up his arse.

No Inu again. Bulls**t.

Why does Ropati still get a game?

Honestly beyond anyone but Bluey.

Melbourne Storm's premiership window is literally this year alone. With the depth they have of player like Duffie, Manu, Proctor and Chambers being offered big bucks elsewhere half of their 13 will be strung out elsewhere or on minimum wage running off the big 3.

Melbourne Storm's premiership window is literally this year alone. With the depth they have of player like Duffie, Manu, Proctor and Chambers being offered big bucks elsewhere half of their 13 will be strung out elsewhere or on minimum wage running off the big 3.

So what you're saying is that you wish you had our mix of lower level contributors and superstars willing to take paycuts (ie Cronk just two weeks ago) to keep the squad together and play for eachother. Im not too worried about duff etc leaving.

Carn the Mexico Storm.

At this point in time my side is probably in the complete opposite position. You have youth players coming through that will hit their peaks within the next 4 seasons. Other sides are getting rid of players either inside the comp or to the Super League.

Storm have the perfect balance and with 3 of the highest paid players and 4 - 6 of the best young players at the moment they won't be able to maintain that balance for long. If you were to lose Proctor and say Duffie the whole dynamic of the side would change.

The thing with the Warriors is that every season we have top age players coming through from our Juniors that have been the best in the comp for 3 years. Lately it's been Hurrell and Benry, but with players like Meads and Godinet to come through we'll be fine.

Will be interesting to see how your side lines up start of next year. Will all depend on premiership success this year, but that's a given.

No but I gave the latest NRL video game to my brother after three plays...

The other day I was driving past the Bulldogs vs Storm game and I almost parked and went for a look: Such was my boredom and because of cause the better half was studying.

Probably will get to a game some time this year, however with my AFL/VFA/VPL sides being the higher sporting priorities for me - Its bound to spur of the momment I when I finally make it...

I am always trying to watch a NRL game at one of the smaller traditional grounds when in Sydney but every time I have been there they are always being played at the boring and shit big I have been too for Football.

Edited by cadete

Tupou's Try was epic. Friend with 49 tackles wow. Great game for a half and a bit but the class of the Storm backs and Centres showed through in the end.

Will Chambers with 3

Could Slater's passing actually get much better? Lockyer-esque on the set up atm.

Smith solid with 4 from field.

WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN!

enjoy...

Jesus Christ! It would appear that those who thought the Storm would never recover from the Cap scandal are left scratching their heads and thinking "how the hell do you guys keep doing this!" Absolutely on fire!

Anyone see the St. George vs Rooters game. Epic last minute winner to the Saints. Serves Sydney City right for wearing those fucking horrible jumpers!

1b.jpg

I am also a Celtic, Port Melbourne and East Fremantle supporter so I am fairly used to supporting the team everybody hates, they also tend to win the league every ten years which helps keep the fires burning.

Edited by bazzatron
Removed personal attacks

The Tupou try was right under my nose. awesome dive. Killed off a few of his critics with last nights performance.

Benry was garbage again. Inu at FB was garbage, just hope Locke's injury isn't anything ridiculously impeding. Warrior forwards actually hitting the line hard for once and apart from our edge defense we were fairly solid.

How you lot are going to hold onto the big three, Proctor, Chambers, Duffie and Nielsen in the long run is going to baffle many. Solid win however, just a shame we couldn't stick with it for the full 80.

NRL kits look ugly enough as it is, what with the amount of sponsorship stickers plastered all over them (to the point that some clubs have had to move their manufacturing logo to the sleeve just to get another sponsor on the front of the kit). But these one off kits are making the regular kits look regal by comparison. Still, better than an Avatar jersey I suppose.