Melbourne Football

Round 5: City V Brisbane Meow @ Suncorp 24 Nov 7:50pm

xXCiTyZeNXx

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

How? Theres zero context provided over why he has been dropped, even if the article is true.

Based on the previous players shipped out. Cahill, Kilkenny and although Brattan hassnt been moved on there were murmurs around the media that they had a bust up.

And even if it is true, IIRC there were some on here suggesting Bruno was so off his best form that he should indeed be dropped?

Let's just wait and see what the truth actually is.

I see someone mentioned "boredom." Have to say that for me this has so far been the most boring A-League season since the foundation of Heart. I just can't get turned on by anything.

38 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Based on the previous players shipped out. Cahill, Kilkenny and although Brattan hassnt been moved on there were murmurs around the media that they had a bust up.

Cahill was a completely different situation. He made the mistake of going public against his employer - a no-no in any context. But in saying that - after Cahill's final match for Australia I didn't see anything from City wishing TC all the best and thanking him for what he has done for Australian football, and I thought that to be pretty low TBH. 

Everybody is equal in the eyes of our school teacher. Players get dropped after bad performances to fight for their spot, look at Brattan. Unfortunately Bruno is not playing up to a good standard and maybe it’s his turn to skip a match. That is if this all true of course.

Since we have recruited so well with 2 players for every spot, we can finally see our other centre forward at work.

56 minutes ago, neio said:

Surely not, I know that he hasn't been in great form. But he scored last game and he is still clearly the best option to play up top 

haha...but what if we can keep Baccus by releasing Bruno? Pretty sure that is a thought process now for Joyce plus with the left over cash, we might be able to get another CB.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

haha...but what if we can keep Baccus by releasing Bruno? Pretty sure that is a thought process now for Joyce plus with the left over cash, we might be able to get another CB.

Lol they are not going to make Bacchus a marquee, no matter how much Joyce likes him.

But who plays CF instead? We have one CF in the squad. Najjar and Iannucci are too young and inexperienced for the A league and will probably play in the NYL beforehand. If any are held over then maybe there is something to this rumour but I doubt it. 

Unless he is thinking about putting Wales or Vidosic up top. 

Bruno has been out of form, and maybe he didn’t perform at training in the match the guys had when they were playing for spots (perhaps this is a new weekly training tactic till the team is in form). He shouldn’t just expect to play, he needs to perform and earn his spot.

That being said, maybe he is carrying a niggling injury and with the week break, they’ve decided to give him a spell to get right.

36 minutes ago, Harrison said:

But who plays CF instead? We have one CF in the squad. Najjar and Iannucci are too young and inexperienced for the A league and will probably play in the NYL beforehand. If any are held over then maybe there is something to this rumour but I doubt it. 

Unless he is thinking about putting Wales or Vidosic up top. 

Vidosic imo, they have trained and played preseason like that.

4 hours ago, bt50 said:

I just cant fathom why people want to have a damning opinion one way or the other when they don't know all the facts.

How to be a successful "news breaker" journalist 2018:

>Have a name that alludes to you knowing shit when actually you don't know shit (the insider, inside scoop, the covert agent)

>Post information/heresay on a website with little to no context, from dodgy sources

>???????

>Profit

12 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

TBH if it was an injury you’d try and keep it secret from the opposition so hopefully that’s the case and it’s not Joyce being a fuckwit!!

If it was injury you just say that and it stops everything. Saying he is dropped srnds everyone into meltdown and now we have a marquee player not playing and no one knows why 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, haz said:

On the other hand, if we play our best game of the season so far and win comfortably, im sure we will be hearing no compliments of Joyce from here.

I think you probably mean "complaints" rather than "compliments", and if you do then this pretty much sums it up. Goalscoring has been one of our problems this season so far - just 8 FFA Cup and League goals in total, of which Bruno has scored 3. If we lose then Joyce just looks a complete idiot and if we win he will be regarded as a genius.

At this moment I really have no idea of the direction in which this club is going. I have lost confidence completely.

• Like 1

Just now, jw1739 said:

I think you probably mean "complaints" rather than "compliments", and if you do then this pretty much sums it up. Goalscoring has been one of our problems this season so far - just 8 FFA Cup and League goals in total, of which Bruno has scored 3. If we lose then Joyce just looks a complete idiot and if we win he will be regarded as a genius.

At this moment I really have no idea of the direction in which this club is going. I have lost confidence completely.

Nope I meant compliments.

This forum is getting toxic. Joyce could go on a ten game winning streak and people will still complain about him.