Melbourne Football

Round 5: City V Brisbane Meow @ Suncorp 24 Nov 7:50pm

xXCiTyZeNXx

Joyce will go with the squad and formation that he believes will get the best result for us. He's demonstrated that he's not afraid to omit players if he thinks there are others better suited for the task at hand.

Both Brattan and Caceres are going to have to impress him to get back into the match-day squad. Possibly a bit of the toss-up between Atkinson and Vidosic, but IMO Vidosic hasn't done a lot in recent matches.

I think we'll see pretty much the same squad on the day.

Out of the top four teams we are the only ones without a positive goal difference. IMO that's the big challenge for us - score more goals when we are dominating a match. We dominated Central Coast with 23 shots but scored only once. and as a result gave up two points. By contrast Victory last night scored four. Unless we can improve our goal scoring we won't win anything this season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Out of the top four teams we are the only ones without a positive goal difference. IMO that's the big challenge for us - score more goals when we are dominating a match. We dominated Central Coast with 23 shots but scored only once. and as a result gave up two points. By contrast Victory last night scored four. Unless we can improve our goal scoring we won't win anything this season.

We have a defensive coach so unfortunately it's unlikely to happen

• Like 1

Yeah starting to get a bit worried. I thought Joyce might have a bit more about him after having a season to adjust but it seems like he cant organised a midfield or an attack.

I would hate to see Brattan go. He is a great Aleague player. But seems there is a pattern with Joyce. The players bang on about how he is great to talk to and is very open. Seems like he cant cop a bit of feedback.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Yeah starting to get a bit worried. I thought Joyce might have a bit more about him after having a season to adjust but it seems like he cant organised a midfield or an attack.

I would hate to see Brattan go. He is a great Aleague player. But seems there is a pattern with Joyce. The players bang on about how he is great to talk to and is very open. Seems like he cant cop a bit of feedback.

I really can't see Brattan getting axed as Kilkenny, Fernando and Cahill did and obviously all had did circumstances and scenarios prior but ultimately they all left. A couple weeks out may benefit both player and team but to me he is without doubt in our best team and is a bonafide starting player.

Worth noting that Curits Good said a few times that he was eyeing this game as off as his return, wonder if he'll make an appearance at all.

Also I know it seems unfair to bring Eugene off after a 2-0 win but surely we have to start playing Birighitti at some point, if he was just going to sit on a bench all season he may as well have sat on the bench in Europe.

1 hour ago, IssySG said:

Worth noting that Curits Good said a few times that he was eyeing this game as off as his return, wonder if he'll make an appearance at all.

Also I know it seems unfair to bring Eugene off after a 2-0 win but surely we have to start playing Birighitti at some point, if he was just going to sit on a bench all season he may as well have sat on the bench in Europe.

Birighitti couldn't be too happy one would think he would be been brought to the club as first keeper? Surely he starts soon. 

On 19/11/2018 at 9:12 PM, belaguttman said:

Well, we have the right coach for that. He'd probably play 10 CBs if he could

Five CBs and five CMs would be his ideal mix.

In a squad of 20 we have 11 who are predominantly central defenders or central midfielders. 

We lose our only natural winger to injury and he brings in another CM. It's a bit strange. 

• Like 2

Saturday, 24 November 2018

Brisbane Roar FC v Melbourne City FC

Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Kick-Off: 6:50PM (Local) (7:50PM (AEDT))

Referee: Ryuji Sato (JPN)

Assistant Referee 1: Ashley Beecham

Assistant Referee 2: Andrew Lindsay

Fourth Official: Alex King

VAR: Chris Beath

Brisbane Roar FC squad: 1.Brendan WHITE (gk), 4.Daniel BOWLES, 6.Avram PAPADOPOULOS, 7.Thomas KRISTENSEN, 8.Jacob PEPPER, 9.Adam TAGGART, 11.Eric BAUTHEAC, 13.Stefan MAUK, 14.Alex LOPEZ, 15.Stefan NIGRO, 17.Matt MCKAY (c), 18.Joe CALETTI, 19.Jack HINGERT, 21.Jamie YOUNG (gk), 22.Tobias MIKKELSEN, 23.Dylan WENZEL-HALLS, 24.Connor O’TOOLE, 33.HENRIQUE

**two to be omitted**

Ins: 13.Stefan MAUK (returns from injury), 15.Stefan NIGRO (promoted), 18.Joe CALETTI (promoted)

Outs: 2.Dane INGHAM (quad – 1 week)

Unavailable: 10.Brett HOLMAN (knee – TBC)

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ritchie De LAET, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c) , 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Riley MCGREE, 10.Dario VIDOSIC, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 15.Kearyn BACCUS, 18.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 19.Lachlan WALES, 21.Ramy NAJJARINE, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 25.Iacopo LA ROCCA, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER, 34.Connor METCALFE

**two to be omitted**

Ins: 21.Ramy NAJJARINE (promoted), 26.Luke BRATTAN (promoted),

Outs: Nil

Unavailable: 6.Osama MALIK (calf), 11.Michael O’HALLORAN (hamstring)

7 hours ago, Harrison said:

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ritchie De LAET, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c) , 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Riley MCGREE, 10.Dario VIDOSIC, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 15.Kearyn BACCUS, 18.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 19.Lachlan WALES, 21.Ramy NAJJARINE, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 25.Iacopo LA ROCCA, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER, 34.Connor METCALFE

**two to be omitted**

Ins: 21.Ramy NAJJARINE (promoted), 26.Luke BRATTAN (promoted),

Outs: Nil

Unavailable: 6.Osama MALIK (calf), 11.Michael O’HALLORAN (hamstring)

Done

13 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Believe it when I see it. But Joyce is the man responsible, and he's said all along that everyone is equal, there are no certain starters, and that he will pick the team that he believes can win the match for us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1