• 19 Wales
    • 8 McGree
    • 27 Berenguer
    • 23 Fornaroli
    • 10 Vidosic
    • 7 Griffiths
    • 34 Metcalfe

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/18 at 01:00 AM

8 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

DeLaet and Berenguer make team of the week. Berengeur defensive midfield ?????????????

That's just the graphic it's just the 4 best defenders, 3 best midfielders and 3 best attacking players. Keogh doesn't play on the wing and Van der Linden doesn't play LB.

4 minutes ago, mus-28 said:

That's just the graphic it's just the 4 best defenders, 3 best midfielders and 3 best attacking players. Keogh doesn't play on the wing and Van der Linden doesn't play LB.

Did not realise that this was how they selected the team of the week in my opinion a bit stupid. So the best team could have four centre backs as the best defenders of the week . I believe the best left back of the day should have been selected. Is it always 4:3:3

If that was the case Zullo would've probably been in team of the week 25 out of 27 rounds last season as he was streets ahead as the best LB in the league week in, week out. Haven't really paid attention to the formation, most of the teams play the same sort of system so it's probably easiest and gives the fairest representation.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Did not realise that this was how they selected the team of the week in my opinion a bit stupid. So the best team could have four centre backs as the best defenders of the week . I believe the best left back of the day should have been selected. Is it always 4:3:3

IMO it's pretty much a pointless exercise. Casual observation suggests that they try to include players from as many clubs as they reasonably can. I'd like to see the end-of-season stats.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

It's just an arbitrary thing they post to social media, doesn't actually mean anything

• Thanks 1