Melbourne Football

Round 4: 'Do we really have to do this again mum?' V Welly @ AAMI Friday 7:50pm

Dylan

22 minutes ago, CityWildcat said:

I'm going on a 1000km motorcycle ride this weekend. By the time I get back, I expect all negativity to have vanished. 

What negativity? All positive constructive criticism and get it off your chest comments in preparation for a win on Friday.     B)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CityWildcat said:

I'm going on a 1000km motorcycle ride this weekend. By the time I get back, I expect all negativity to have vanished. 

What you riding at the moment?

10 hours ago, citypool said:

Any news on Dylan pieras guy is great in football manager

Just got back from the U19 Asian Cup with Atkinson and a few other (Najjarine etc.)

We should start seeing him being listed in the 18-20 man travelling squad, and maybe named on the bench.

Edited by haz

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ritchie De LAET, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c) , 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Riley MCGREE, 10.Dario VIDOSIC, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 15.Kearyn BACCUS, 17.Anthony CACERES, 18.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 19.Lachlan WALES, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 25.Iacopo LA ROCCA, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER, 34.Connor METCALFE

Ins: 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON (promoted), 34.Connor METCALFE (promoted)

Outs: nil

Unavailable: 6.Osama MALIK (calf), 11.Michael O’HALLORAN (hamstring)

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/team-news-citys-round-4-squad

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ritchie De LAET, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c) , 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Riley MCGREE, 10.Dario VIDOSIC, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 15.Kearyn BACCUS, 17.Anthony CACERES, 18.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 19.Lachlan WALES, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 25.Iacopo LA ROCCA, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER, 34.Connor METCALFE

Ins: 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON (promoted), 34.Connor METCALFE (promoted)

Outs: nil

Unavailable: 6.Osama MALIK (calf), 11.Michael O’HALLORAN (hamstring)

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/team-news-citys-round-4-squad

I think its safe to say that Malik is out for a Germano

• Like 1

Do we want to play round 4? Skip to 5? If want to play someone that's Phoenix. Despite Friday's bad winning record, we got probably the best head to head against them. 

This is more suitable opponent and what's Wazza tactically capable of doing.  This is the night when we should actually have 12K supporters. The night to celebrate the win. 

In reviews, focus is mostly set to DM pair. Brattan can tackle, assist and sometimes score. Baccus is good, neat player. King of passing stats but who doesn't make a difference. He doesn't bear fruit, no assist no goals. Griffiths got a good reputation.  Anyone who went to the games, could easily see that he's completely outpaced by today's game. 

RDL is too good for RB in this league and squad.  Colazo was fullback but played winger with shirt number 9.

As usual, the point is to minimize the Achilles heel of the team. We have a few, even starters below par.  Delbridge, Wales, Caceres. Florin as a visa player. 

29 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

As per usual, spent the entire week moping around thinking about how rubbish this game is going to be and now I'm unreasonably excited about it.

legit woke up this morning after saying to myself last night ill give this one a miss....Woke up and and im like...i cant wait for the football...i dunno why i keep doing this to myself...

• Like 1

Looking forward to it. Unfortunately only two of the usual "gang of four" can make it.

Important match, especially for the fans. I know it's early in the season, but a sound start is a better platform to build on than a shaky one. We need the points to build confidence on and off the field.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

Really lacking any enthusiasm for tonight. 

Understand. But I think we just have to keep hanging in there.  The media are beginning to ask questions about City and CFG, and if there's one thing CFG don't like it's adverse publicity.

Like you I was hurting last week, but we still have to get behind the boys tonight.

44 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Landing back in Melbourne following a work trip about 5. 30, still undecided on attending or not following last week. 

Interesting stat above about Friday night games @jw1739 does this indicate Wazza is working them too hard in the lead up? 

@thisphantomfortress I haven't gone back though all the matches, but if the assertion is true it goes back to before Joyce's time as Manager.

Huge game, gonna go out on a limb as say one of the biggest in club history. We just have to rebound.

Reckon last week was pound 4 pound our worst ever loss. Expectation v Result etc. We just have to rebound, have no choice.

A bad loss has dire consequences Id say. I think last week has a lot of us feeling very apathetic towards the club.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Guessing the shit in the cbd will wipe off at least 1000 from attendance

Plus the fact that last week bored all the newcomers to not want to come back. Crowd will be under 8k. 

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Understand. But I think we just have to keep hanging in there.  The media are beginning to ask questions about City and CFG, and if there's one thing CFG don't like it's adverse publicity.

Like you I was hurting last week, but we still have to get behind the boys tonight.

Media always mention crowds and lack of spending on marquee's. CFG dont give a stuff is my thoughts, as long as they can poach as many players as possible. 

1 hour ago, Inchcolm said:

@haz I will be looking for help to find a stream outside Australia. An old burger like me struggles to find one with a vpn they alL ask you to sign up for a membership.. Thanks

With or without VPN? A VPN is something that you own for yourself. For example, I use NordVPN.

Unfortunately for most Friday games I'll be at work. So I only listen on radio via the A-League website (no VPN needed).

2 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

JokeE33929F7-0D68-4732-827E-8E1469A9F76B.thumb.jpeg.6ab41be9b32a39bb1cb180d2ee14bdf6.jpeg

Wales for Vidosic is my only concern. But I like the formation. Hopefully being in the middle will make Florian play better.

Watch us play faster without Brattan in the team.

Edited by haz

People shouldn't be mad at this formation. Everyone wanted change in tactics and it seems we got it. Even playing 2 up front and moving Florian into the middle while Jamieson and Atkinson attack the wings is what alot of people wanted.