Melbourne Football

Round 4: 'Do we really have to do this again mum?' V Welly @ AAMI Friday 7:50pm

Dylan

I think that it's important to be critical here (in the true sense of critical). 1-0 lead but should be more, despite that, few penetrations into the box,

Bruno isolated and often having to come upfield dragging 2 defenders, we have nobody exploiting the space.

Ball speed still is too glacial and no variation in pace when we have the ball

We look slow in the front third

Delbridge has good position, terrible distribution

No way I feel confident with a 1-0 lead, better than being behind though (our usual position this season)

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 2

Just now, belaguttman said:

I think that it's important to be critical here (in the true sense of critical). 1-0 lead but should be more, despite that, few penetrations into the box,

Bruno isolated and often having to come upfield dragging 2 defenders, we have nobody exploiting the space.

We look slow

No way I feel confident with a 1-0 lead, better than being behind though (our usual position this season)

Listening on radio makes us sound like we are a champions league team haha.

1 minute ago, belaguttman said:

We look slow

First 25 minutes yes. Last 20 minutes no way. No one held the ball for more than 2 seconds. Much better ball movement. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

I see the formation as 4:1:4:1 With Baccas holding and Wales and Atkinson wide. Anyone agree or any other suggestions or 

I thought attacking 4-3-3, which I guess is quite similar.

Much more urgency tonight and much better for it. Nix like most teams against will sit deep and let us have it.

Good response to last week so far. Bruno really needs one for his confidence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, belaguttman said:

We look slow

At times he is his own worst enemy. A number of times, he has had a chance to lay it off but he always wants to hold the ball and ends up loosing it to the 2 or 3 that shut him down

• Like 1

1 minute ago, n i k o said:

First 25 minutes yes. Last 20 minutes no way. No one held the ball for more than 2 seconds. Much better ball movement. 

Yes, until the front third. Yes, Nix has parked the bus but the lack of players passing options, diagonal runs and balls into the box are why we recirculate the ball