Melbourne Football

Round 4: 'Do we really have to do this again mum?' V Welly @ AAMI Friday 7:50pm

Dylan

Just now, neio said:

I'm staggered we have changed to that formation, but pleasantly staggered

At least it has more players in their preferred posotion

Watch us lose and the forum go into meltdown. Even though we actually tried something different.

• Like 1

On 05/11/2018 at 10:09 AM, Inchcolm said:

Monday and Friday approaching fast.

When I was in the army stationed in Chichester England, I was sent on a coaching course and gained a  coaching licence. One of our lecturers was the great Bobby Robson. He gave a number of pieces of advice. One of the most important was never get your players to play out of position to suit your preferred formation. ALWAYS find a formation which best suits your players.  In my opinion Joyce is playing players out of position to suit his formation.

I feel, I have now got to know the players and I believe this is the formation which best suits or players. We can argue over who plays where but I still see this as the formation we need to play to get the best out of our players.

Squad.png

Ignore the players selected but could Joyce be reading our form :)

5 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

My problem is with the personnel. Can Wales play as a centre forward. In my opinion Vidosic would be a more natural centre forward

Who knows how fixed the formation is. For all we know, we might be playing a defensive 5ATB.

I would prefer Vidosic over Wales, but my thinking is that Wales likes to run at players, whereas Vidosic is more of a CF making late runs into the box and picking up scraps.

With Wales being more 'mobile' in attack, I hope it will draw defenders away from Bruno.

12 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

My problem is with the personnel. Can Wales play as a centre forward. In my opinion Vidosic would be a more natural centre forward

I wonder if Wales is playing due to his pace, Taylor and durante while they have expirience etc they arnt the quickest players 

Just now, Inchcolm said:

Where does Metcalfe play; looking at that subs logically he would be full back cover. But I have learned there is sometimes no logic in Joyce's selections. 

CB/CM
Was a midget 2 years ago but had a huge growth spurt. Was actually injured due to it and has only come back this season 100% fit.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, haz said:

People shouldn't be mad at this formation. Everyone wanted change in tactics and it seems we got it. Even playing 2 up front and moving Florian into the middle while Jamieson and Atkinson attack the wings is what alot of people wanted.

Let's see how we use the formation. Ball speed and movement off the ball are areas in need of improvement. We need to overload the Nix defence, get the ball into scoring positions in the box. I don't feel confident though, I hope that I'm wrong

1 minute ago, n i k o said:

Great 5 minutes of play. No on held onto the ball for more than 2 seconds.  Moving the ball with speed. Great stuff. 

Thats what happens when 10-touch Brattan isnt in the team.

Jamieson sounds like he is having a good game so far

Took one touch and thought too much there Bruno. Should have taken it first time ffs. 

8 minutes ago, haz said:

Thats what happens when 10-touch Brattan isnt in the team.

Jamieson sounds like he is having a good game so far

Yeh he is when he's not killing any forward momentum 

Edited by n i k o