Melbourne Football

Round 4: 'Do we really have to do this again mum?' V Welly @ AAMI Friday 7:50pm

Dylan

Was waiting for the train home on Friday and this guy who i reckon was not a regular fan to our games, say's to me Melbourne City you should be ashamed of yourself . I swiftly told him i was ashamed of nothing but i was feeling very let down after the game and not in a very good mood , if this type of play  go's on i will be thinking very seriously that this will be my last season as a member. I am 79 and my wife is 78, we both love to watch good football but Friday's game was disgraceful and at the moment certainly not worth the time and money we pay for a season ticket as others have said It's the same old same old shit football and i for one am sick of it. Something has got to be done to improve this club and bloody quickly.

• Like 5

I'm waiting for the usual surge in optimism. Maybe a bit soon, but generally it develops and gets into full swing midweek and by game time only the most sour and negative sob sees otherwise. I'm also waiting for the usual not the coach its the players arguments or its not the players its the coach or it's not the coach its not the players buts its head office, or its not anyone at the club but the FFA, when in reality the blame lies with everone including all the muppets that turn up each week.

But thats the beauty of supporting. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

So if the last game was to see where we are at.. what then is this game :ph34r:

Just a check to make absolutely sure we know where we're at. We don't want to rush into changes if we can put them off for another week. I mean, we're in the top 6 and only just over 10% of the season has gone so far...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Just a check to make absolutely sure we know where we're at. We don't want to rush into changes if we can put them off for another week. I mean, we're in the top 6 and only just over 10% of the season has gone so far...

But remember, round 5 will help us see where we are really at.

Drastic measures need to be taken. This week i am inviting 10+ mates to come with me into the Melbirnians.

We will sit the entire game, not making a fucking noise, than maybe scot munn and the rest of the fuckwits who run this club

will understand that this club has lost the fans. Please everyone in Melburnians join in. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Drastic measures need to be taken. This week i am inviting 10+ mates to come with me into the Melbirnians.

We will sit the entire game, not making a fucking noise, than maybe scot munn and the rest of the fuckwits who run this club

will understand that this club has lost the fans. Please everyone in Melburnians join in. 

Cool story bro :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

Let's look on the bright side. We cannot play any worse that.

Hahaha.

You obviously don't know about the time we drew to a second string Phoenix team who played with 10 men for more than a half.

Edited by malloy
Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, malloy said:

Hahaha.

You obviously don't know about the time we drew to a second string Phoenix team who played with 10 min for more than a half.

Lol, I remember that day so well. Memorable for the crossbars hit twice in the Crossbar Challenge at half time, but only one guy getting presented with the shirt signed by the players.

9 hours ago, n i k o said:

Or the Jets game where we were down a man (or were they down a man) 

34 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

That game was a disgrace. We were like 2 nil up half time too. I just remember rubbish being thrown on the ground in disgust.

You might be getting confused about some of the worst games in our history.

8th December 2010. Crowd 2,754 on a miserably wet day (remember, it rained almost every time we had a home match that first season?). Newcastle had a man sent off in the 8th minute, scored in the 12th and 16th minutes, and we lost 0-2.

30th October 2015. Crowd 7,209. We went two up by the 22nd minute through Mooy and Mauk and Newcastle scored 3 second-half goals to win 3-2.

2015-16 was the season where we were leading the table with two rounds to go and promptly lost the last two matches of the season to finish fourth.  Scored 63 goals, had Sorensen between the sticks, Bruno scored 28 goals, Mooy 17, Novillo 11. That should have been our season, but we choked at the end.

Happy days.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

8th December 2010. Crowd 2,754 on a miserably wet day (remember, it rained almost every time we had a home match that first season?). Newcastle had a man sent off in the 8th minute, scored in the 12th and 16th minutes, and we lost 0-2.

30th October 2015. Crowd 7,209. We went two up by the 22nd minute through Mooy and Mauk and Newcastle scored 3 second-half goals to win 3-2.

2015-16 was the season where we were leading the table with two rounds to go and promptly lost the last two matches of the season to finish fourth.  Scored 63 goals, had Sorensen between the sticks, Bruno scored 28 goals, Mooy 17, Novillo 11. That should have been our season, but we choked at the end.

Happy days.

Thanks for the refresher 😞

26 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

Would love for us to try and score 

4-3 win with this line up

bring back 15/16 style 

9A6BB902-E9EC-4AE7-85D1-93AEE0015C2E.jpeg

Joyce playing with only one screening midfielder and high fullbacks? Don't think so.

I think Sydney showed how you can play defensively and attack quickly and effectively with 2 CDMs and high fullbacks. Like I said last season, O'Neill and Brilliante are the key. Both aggressive in attack and defence, gives their fullbacks the cover to bomb forward and allows them to play a fukhead token CAM in Brosque who doesn't actually do much.

Edited by rass
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Happy days.

The one in bold is the one. Still to this day worst game in our history for me. 

2 hours ago, haz said:

DrM8cwtU4AEIJNz.jpg

Never been one for stats this one is based on losing it would be a different table if you built it on winning time. Stats can be manipulated to suit your purpose (I have done it many times)The only stat that matters is points. 9th on this stat but equal 4th in the league standings stats.  

35 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Never been one for stats this one is based on losing it would be a different table if you built it on winning time. Stats can be manipulated to suit your purpose (I have done it many times)The only stat that matters is points. 9th on this stat but equal 4th in the league standings stats.  

On points you could also argue that we're equal 6th in the League. In a 10-team league. Not where I want, or expect, my team to be.