Melbourne Football

Round 2 Usain Bolt Derby Sat 27 Oct @ 5:30pm Away

Dylan

1 hour ago, rass said:

A few points I took away from this game...

.CCM are a lot more disciplined this season and made it hard for us to break them down. What they lack in flair they try to make up with resolve.

..I actually believe our at times laborious play was down to the pitch. Not sure if anyone else thought the same, but that pitch looked quite heavy. To my eye, the ball was moving slowly and quite often early it looked like the ball was getting stuck in the feet of players.

...We dominated the game and at least salvaged a draw where in similar scenarios in the past, we would've lost. 1 win and 1 draw after two away games is a good start to the season. With players to come back, things are looking good so far.

Cisse is a gun for them. If he (or McCormack) goes down then they are fooked!

8 hours ago, Originalmeme said:

i didnt see the game, just watched the highlights posted and we created at least 4 clear goal chances, and a few more good ones.  Not sure what game you watched?  

Agreed, our players and Bruno especially had more than enough clear opportunities at goal. Many other opportunities were not taken due to players not pulling the trigger early.

It is something that really needs to be attended to because sometimes the half opportunities are the ones that win crunch games.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, playmaker said:

Agreed, our players and Bruno especially had more than enough clear opportunities at goal. Many other opportunities were not taken due to players not pulling the trigger early.

It is something that really needs to be attended to because sometimes the half opportunities are the ones that win crunch games.

We had 23 shots to CCM's 4.

We scored 1/23, they scored 1/4

• Like 1
  • Sad 1