Melbourne Football

Round 1: Melbourne Derby - 20 October 2018

hakz7

I don't think I've every been so frustrated with a line up before.

I wouldn't care if this is who played in Pre Season, but wtf is this shit? La Rocca, Caceres, Baccas. Why is Mcgree and Griffiths on the bench? Where is Jamieson and Vidosic.

I'm legit guessing that their is a stomach bug in the team

• Like 1

Joyce has shown he is afraid by playing a team not to lose rather than fielding a team to win. What this with Baccas and La Rocca they have missed much of our preseason. No continuity no attacking threat . I was looking forward to this game, us taking it to them but it now looks like a long 90 mns of soaking up pressure. The man's lost the plot, if we go one down we will struggle to win with this line up..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, haz said:

Does La Rocca even remember how to kick a ball?

Spot on, he’s had like 3 minutes of football in 12 months. Not happy with this line up, I hope for Warren that there’s a legit reason for this.

Doesn’t help that the youth is away as Atkinson could play right back with Ritchie going into centre back.

Edited by Mr MO

3 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Spot on, he’s had like 3 minutes of football in 12 months. Not happy with this line up, I hope for Warren that there’s a legit reason for this.

Doesn’t help that the youth is away as Atkinson could play right back with Ritchie going into centre back.

Assuming Jamo is injured or whatever, there is no one else who can slot into defence. Atkinson isn't here and good isn't ready. It had to be larocca 

Get a grip you lot. Caceres is a genuine number 10. He and Bacchus both by all accounts have played well in preseason. Bacchus was the best player for WSW in the Cup match. Can only assume Jamo is crook. But not attacking? Give over. If anything my concern was that we don't have a genuine defensive mid. If anything this is shaking it up and going for it, albeit with some issues we didn't know about. 

• Like 1

Jamieson was selected as Captain. A Captain in my opinion, plays every game and has a significant responsibility for strategy and teamwork while the game is in progress on the field. He can do nothing of this from the bench.If Joyce did not plan to play him why make him Captain. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Jamieson was selected as Captain. A Captain in my opinion, plays every game and has a significant responsibility for strategy and teamwork while the game is in progress on the field. He can do nothing of this from the bench.If Joyce did not plan to play him why make him Captain. 

Cmon man, he could be sick or injured

4 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Get a grip you lot. Caceres is a genuine number 10. He and Bacchus both by all accounts have played well in preseason. Bacchus was the best player for WSW in the Cup match. Can only assume Jamo is crook. But not attacking? Give over. If anything my concern was that we don't have a genuine defensive mid. If anything this is shaking it up and going for it, albeit with some issues we didn't know about. 

Nah, people underestimate  how good of footballer McGree is, no reason not to start him other being sick. He played every game so far.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, haz said:

Cmon man, he could be sick or injured

Sorry you could be right but this is my frustration at him fielding a defensive team instead of going for it. I would have liked to see us going for a win, I can handle losing trying to win but not losing trying not to lose

9 hours ago, rass said:

If it's real, can only assume a virus has gone through the squad.

Why would you assume there is a virus?