Melbourne Football

Round 1: Melbourne Derby - 20 October 2018

hakz7

53 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

I on the other hand had city for a 2-1 win to collect $90 on a sweet $10 down. Great night! Hope the terrace goes as well all season, a few nice subtle changes too. 

The terrace deserve a medal tonight. Lots of noise and kept going all night. Keep it up, you made the night even better

• Like 1

Awesome effort boys, great night.

Three things tards and media can eat shit over:

1. For all the uproar over the penalty, no-one made the point that they actually saved the pen. Only have themselves to blame that De Laet got to the rebound first, especially as he made the run from deeper than the players standing on the 18 yard line.

2. For all the Honda jerk fest, they failed to mention he was the one who let McGree make that run from deep to score the winner.

3. Shout out to the fukn idiot in the HS a few days ago who voted Bart at #41 in the A-League's top 50 list. Serious? Should be top 5.

Get fukd Victory - and especially to that total tool fat cnt who took off his shirt after their goal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ABC123 said:

Warren Joyce tactically Fucked Muscat from start to finish. With all the players out of tonight’s squad, if the coaches had swapped teams Victory would have      won 4-1

For me Joyce is in the top 3 coaches to have ever come through the A-League.

maybe you're right but its only rd 1

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ABC123 said:

Warren Joyce tactically Fucked Muscat from start to finish. With all the players out of tonight’s squad, if the coaches had swapped teams Victory would have      won 4-1

For me Joyce is in the top 3 coaches to have ever come through the A-League.

Wazza actually used his subs, for once

• Like 2

Post-match from Wazza: https://www.a-league.com.au/video/full-press-conference-warren-joyce

Love the bit where he responds to a question about young Idris using public transport to get to the match. "No, he walked. Didn't have the money for the bus."

Also he mentions players doing evening training sessions. Joyce is definitely building a good culture. 

4 minutes ago, ABC123 said:

Ok some info from this morning.

Jamo tweaked his hammy mid week and almost started but decided not to risk him.

Vidosic fell ill Sat morning, but was always starting on the bench for this game.

The 15 year old Idrus Abdulahi is actually from the U’15 academy side (not even a 20’s or youth player) He trained with the senior team all week and no one knew who he was, after the second session everyone freaked out at his talent and they are saying his one if not the best young kid at the club.

Also said that chemistry at the club between the players is the best it’s ever been and that Joyce has an eye for talent and his selling and buying of players is the best they’ve seen. They love how his fair, but demands hard work and has the respect from all players and staff.

How do you get all this info now that Sam Mitchinson issnt at the club anymore?

Hahahahaha! Yeah good old tea leaves, I wonder how Mitch’s Dad is going these days.

My little one and someone from the clubs little one are in a class together Sunday mornings, that’s why I post the goss Sunday mornings.

Anyway I forgot to add, I asked just how is a player of Bart Shenkas quality and age in the A-League and not over seas. He said that he had 3 major knee operations and had played Fuck all football the last 2 seasons so JVS thought it would be a good idea for him to come to us and get his body right then go back to Holland.

So in other words, if he keeps playing like he is and doesn’t get a major injury, when his contract is up (unless they make him marquee and tempt him that way) he is definitely going back to his old club.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Love the bit where he responds to a question about young Idris using public transport to get to the match. "No, he walked. Didn't have the money for the bus."

I saw him on the Upfield line back home at about 12. Me and 5 other boys sung City chants at him the whole way through, probably embarrassing, but it made him happy/

39 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

2. Does City have a full squad or are there vacancies meaning that when we lose a stack of players the club has to call in young lads like Idris?

I think what happened last night was that we have half our youth team away with young socceroos 

Once Jamo, dario, good are fit. And Atkinson, najjarine, najjar, cavallo etc are back we won't see Idris for a couple seasons I'd imagine with him only being 15

9 minutes ago, neio said:

I think what happened last night was that we have half our youth team away with young socceroos 

Once Jamo, dario, good are fit. And Atkinson, najjarine, najjar, cavallo etc are back we won't see Idris for a couple seasons I'd imagine with him only being 15

If Idris is good enough, I hope we do see more of him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, malloy said:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/referee-got-fornaroli-foul-call-wrong-says-a-league-20181021-p50b1r.html

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The only thing that could have made last night better would be if the first goal was actually the winner.

FFA should keep that sort of comment in house.  I can't wait for the League to be independent of clowns like O'Rourke.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NewConvert said:

2. Does City have a full squad or are there vacancies meaning that when we lose a stack of players the club has to call in young lads like Idris?

Joyce covered this issue in his post-match interview. https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/post-match-press-conference-victory-1-2-city

The depth in the club, now that we have the Academy, is amazing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

With our record from the spot, I am sure there were many who dared not look. Pens need to be fixed pretty dam quick.

As I watched Berengeur take the penalty I knew we had problems. It was the same slow hesitant run up that did Fornaroli no good. We definitely seem to need work done in this area.

• Like 1

From that Age article:

"O'Rourke, who spoke to Ams and the referee department after the game, said that it was within the rules for Ams to reverse his decision to award the foul during the VAR review. However Ams did not believe awarding the foul was the wrong decision until after the game, and therefore did not check whether there was sufficient contact on the VAR screen. He was only checking to see if the incident occurred inside or outside of the box."

What I find interesting from this is that the ref, who was right there, and had his own view of things, was adamant it was a foul, up until he was 'told' by his boss that it was not, clearly as an exercise in appeasing the ridiculous but-hurt being expressed by the tards and also the commentators and other so called (armchair) experts in the world of social media.

Clearly, there was contact, albeit soft, but Bruno is pushed off his line ... you see straight after it happens the tard player pulls his hands back.  A soft foul, but not necessarily the wrong call IMO.  Bruno was running into the box in a good attacking position, so the idiot tard player only has himself to blame for putting his hand all over him.

The other part of the article that is nice to read is:

"While Victory were hard done by on Saturday night they were helped by VAR in their 2018 grand final win over Newcastle Jets when VAR did not call their winning goal offside due to a technical error.

Melbourne City might see the Melbourne Derby penalty controversy as a sort of leveller after they were denied a penalty in a bizarre VAR call in their 2018 2-1 semi-final loss to the Jets."

The immense whinging from their supporters is a good as the win.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

From that Age article:

"O'Rourke, who spoke to Ams and the referee department after the game, said that it was within the rules for Ams to reverse his decision to award the foul during the VAR review. However Ams did not believe awarding the foul was the wrong decision until after the game, and therefore did not check whether there was sufficient contact on the VAR screen. He was only checking to see if the incident occurred inside or outside of the box."

What I find interesting from this is that the ref, who was right there, and had his own view of things, was adamant it was a foul, up until he was 'told' by his boss that it was not, clearly as an exercise in appeasing the ridiculous but-hurt being expressed by the tards and also the commentators and other so called (armchair) experts in the world of social media.

Clearly, there was contact, albeit soft, but Bruno is pushed off his line ... you see straight after it happens the tard player pulls his hands back.  A soft foul, but not necessarily the wrong call IMO.  Bruno was running into the box in a good attacking position, so the idiot tard player only has himself to blame for putting his hand all over him.

The other part of the article that is nice to read is:

"While Victory were hard done by on Saturday night they were helped by VAR in their 2018 grand final win over Newcastle Jets when VAR did not call their winning goal offside due to a technical error.

Melbourne City might see the Melbourne Derby penalty controversy as a sort of leveller after they were denied a penalty in a bizarre VAR call in their 2018 2-1 semi-final loss to the Jets."

The immense whinging from their supporters is a good as the win.

This issue is really pissing me off. If indeed there was a refereeing error, either of fact or judgment, then IMO it should be kept within the confines of FFA and the referees themselves. I'm bloody sure that if it had been Honda who went down surrounded by three City defenders and the referee had decided "no foul" then we would be seeing all hell break loose. 

I don't think there was a refereeing error at all. Someone stuck a leg right across Bruno's leg to try and trip him, there was a hand/arm on his shoulder, and a hand in his back. Even a little nuggety player like Bruno doesn't need much to put him off balance when he's running at full tilt.

All FFA is ever concerned about is making the story look good - and in this case City spoilt the pre-written Honda/Victory script. Just sour grapes by O'Rourke, and Kurt Ams being made the fall guy.

As for VAR - well, I think most of us knew it would never really solve anything. It's just the addition of another layer of controversy. The officials are part of what we love as football. If you want something with no "human element" in it, go play on a computer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

This issue is really pissing me off. If indeed there was a refereeing error, either of fact or judgment, then IMO it should be kept within the confines of FFA and the referees themselves. I'm bloody sure that if it had been Honda who went down surrounded by three City defenders and the referee had decided "no foul" then we would be seeing all hell break loose. 

I don't think there was a refereeing error at all. Someone stuck a leg right across Bruno's leg to try and trip him, there was a hand/arm on his shoulder, and a hand in his back. Even a little nuggety player like Bruno doesn't need much to put him off balance when he's running at full tilt.

All FFA is ever concerned about is making the story look good - and in this case City spoilt the pre-written Honda/Victory script. Just sour grapes by O'Rourke, and Kurt Ams being made the fall guy.

As for VAR - well, I think most of us knew it would never really solve anything. It's just the addition of another layer of controversy. The officials are part of what we love as football. If you want something with no "human element" in it, go play on a computer.

FIFA never gives hand ball

4 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

So why is the a-league boss calling it an error?

Because of how all bullies (Muscunt) operate - they intimidate.

Everything that piece of shit does to get his way is via intimidation - anger, fighting, sarcastic comments, whinging, etc...

He's just a straight out, top shelf kunt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Agreed, spoilt the narrativium. All the build up was about Honda and Victory's fabulous squad, and City were just there to provide useful fall guys. And all the rage now is because we didn't grovel and play our alloted part as the plucky losers. I'll be backing Perth next week. 

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

This is a non issue.

It should be, but the match itself is being totally overshadowed by it, when the media should be celebrating the start of the season, the big crowd, the atmosphere, the Brattan/McGree goal (which IMO was right out of the top drawer), Troisi's poster, etc. etc.

Instead, we get shit like this, for example: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-21/var-decision-slammed-in-melbourne-a-league-derby/10401620?section=sport

How laughable that the VAR was actually in Sydney, and not at the match at all.