Melbourne Football

Round 1: Melbourne Derby - 20 October 2018

hakz7

6 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

I'm glad we scored but they still can't get the var right. We dont deserve a pen

fox are reporting that it was actually the refs decision at fault.  he called the foul outside the box (which they cant overturn).  the only thing the VAR can subsequently do is suggest to the ref that it "may have" occurred inside the box.

overall it does ask the question of "does the VAR actually solve more issues than it resolves?"

Just now, mattyh001 said:

fox are reporting that it was actually the refs decision at fault.  he called the foul outside the box (which they cant overturn).  the only thing the VAR can subsequently do is suggest to the ref that it "may have" occurred inside the box.

overall it does ask the question of "does the VAR actually solve more issues than it resolves?"

Don't care. We were good enough to get something out of that half. And Victory deserve some bad luck for once. 

22 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

No one picked Honda up Brattan let him run past as was to late going to him he got caught wrong side at the cross

Somebody was tracking Honda, I think it was Caceras and as soon as Honda ran into the box he turned around, watch the replay it looks so weird. 

We don’t show any attacking threats despite some nice dribbles from Bruno + a dive that I’ll take....Wales looks promising at the start but died down quickly ,same goes to Berenguer but our wings ( if you can call it )should be making forward runs more often  ....we’re dropping back too much when we lose the ball when we should be pressing on our opponents 

should be cracking when Mcgree comes on , if he comes on 

21 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

I don’t think I can watch anymore....squad is unbalanced af and Mcgree should be where Caceras is, Caceras has done fk all 

Caceras isnt even NPL quality!

Guy has to be one of the worst, if not they worst 'name' player in a long time in this league. Just too slow of mind and foot - utterly hopeless in the playmaker position. Utter dud.

Putting my blue glasses away..was a soft foul iside the box- Victory defender had his arm locking on bruno, then on his hand on his back.  Its soft but this is the sort of stuff thats been happening for year an defenders got away with it and is exactly the sort of thing VAR will pick up.  Look at all the penalties in the Wrold C

4 minutes ago, CityHeart said:

Caceras isnt even NPL quality!

Guy has to be one of the worst, if not they worst 'name' player in a long time in this league. Just too slow of mind and foot - utterly hopeless in the playmaker position. Utter dud.

Well that’s an exaggeration imo ahaha but I’d go with Mcgree over him at this stage

• Like 1

Just now, Kiro Kompiro said:

Putting my blue glasses away..was a soft foul iside the box- Victory defender had his arm locking on bruno, then on his hand on his back.  Its soft but this is the sort of stuff thats been happening for year an defenders got away with it and is exactly the sort of thing VAR will pick up.  Look at all the penalties in the Wrold C

The VAR didn’t pick anything up. They just said to the Ref, if you believe it’s a foul better look on screen as actually it’s in box. VAR didn’t overturn anything I believe 

• Like 1

Players like Caceras and Delbridge are coming short on this level. I really hate how Bruno is still in for his diving antics, stay on your feet mate. Deleat is class, no clue why Caceras is actually playing.

Very strange that with Halloran out injured we haven’t brought in another attacker. We have clearly no idea going forward, similar problem as last season.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1