Melbourne Football

Round 1: Melbourne Derby - 20 October 2018

hakz7

11 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Sorry you could be right but this is my frustration at him fielding a defensive team instead of going for it. I would have liked to see us going for a win, I can handle losing trying to win but not losing trying not to lose

Why would you assume there is a virus?

It's not a particularly defensive side. And it looks like it's the best we could put out given sickness and international absences. 

16 minutes ago, haz said:

Cmon man, he could be sick or injured

According to Joey Lynch he was 50:50 for the match, and City opted to not take the risk.

But FMD we deserve some sort of explanation for the rest of it. If we can get a point out of tonight we'll have done well.

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

According to Joey Lynch he was 50:50 for the match, and City opted to not take the risk.

But FMD we deserve some sort of explanation for the rest of it. If we can get a point out of tonight we'll have done well.

If there was a sickness going through the squad than hey, im not as mad anymore.

Hopefully no players have to run to the loo during the game

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

But who is sick Birrigithi, Grif, Vidosic, McGree?

Yea no idea until there is more clarification (which there wont be).

Im just going to hate the gloat from all the Victory supporters when they beat our B-Team

9 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Is this the exact same line up as we had against WSW last week?

I think Jamieson started but this team must have been in his head before tonight's match. Therefore, he could have planning to play defensive today as the only difference is Jamieson out with a virus.

18 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Something radically wrong with the way we do things in pre-season.

It's confirmed on the club Twitter.

So then can we assume the players out there are fit? Or are they suffering too but not to the same degree as the others?

Has the potential to be a bath or one of the most memorable nights in our history.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inchcolm said:

I think Jamieson started but this team must have been in his head before tonight's match. Therefore, he could have planning to play defensive today as the only difference is Jamieson out with a virus.

Yeah my thoughts too because I remember Baccus and Caceras starting in that game too. Unless all the others were sick last week too and didn't train properly.

Like I said there must a good reason, as Birrigithi, Grif, Vidosic, McGree as so called all hand picked by Warren and then not to play them seems odd.

Just now, rass said:

So then can we assume the players out there are fit? Or are they suffering too but not to the same degree as the others?

Has the potential to be a bath or one of the most memorable nights in our history.

Heart says memorable, head says bath

the only two surprises here for me are connected thru how one is starting on the field whilst the other is starting on the bench; Bacchus and Birighitti.  

I can understand that Joyce has gone with what he knows in Galekovic (Birighitti has to prove himself), but then how does Bacchus starts.

As for the rest, we have a number on international leave, while others must be sick / late injuries

1 minute ago, mattyh001 said:

the only two surprises here for me are connected thru how one is starting on the field whilst the other is starting on the bench; Bacchus and Birighitti.  

I can understand that Joyce has gone with what he knows in Galekovic (Birighitti has to prove himself), but then how does Bacchus starts.

As for the rest, we have a number on international leave, while others must be sick / late injuries

Can somebody pull up the line against the Wanderers last week, as I have a feeling besides Jamieson this is all planned by Wazza.

Edited by Mr MO

9 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Can somebody pull up the line against the Wanderers last week, as I have a feeling besides Jamieson this is all planned by Wazza.

City 3v1 WSW

Delbridge, Berenguer, Vidosic

18 Galekovic

2  De Laet

4  Delbridge,

5  Schenkeveld,

3  Jamieson,

15 Baccus,

17 Caceres,

26 Brattan,

27 Berenguer,

18 Wales,

23 Fornaroli

Subs: Birighitti, McGree, Vidosic, La Rocca, Lesiotis, Metcalfe, Portelli

Edited by Inchcolm

8 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

City 3v1 WSW

Delbridge, Berenguer, Vidosic

18 Galekovic

2  De Laet

4  Delbridge,

5  Schenkeveld,

3  Jamieson,

15 Baccus,

17 Caceres,

26 Brattan,

27 Berenguer,

18 Wales,

23 Fornaroli

Subs: Birighitti, McGree, Vidosic, La Rocca, Lesiotis, Metcalfe, Portelli

See all masterminded by Wazza it seems, Jamieson is out that's all

1 minute ago, Afif Adam said:

Honda scores a header meanwhile , la Rocca and Delbridge ball watching while defending in the box ... at the same time , de laet and Brattan was in CB position 

disgusting 

In concerned about how so far, we dont seem to have a playmaker