Melbourne Football

Round 1: Melbourne Derby - 20 October 2018

hakz7

1 hour ago, CityHeart said:

anyone else feel this is the worst build up to a season for the a-league yet?

Been noticing this myself over the last month - marketing  and fan engagement efforts are pretty average on behalf of league lately which is surprising given the drop in attendances last season. 

4 hours ago, CityHeart said:

anyone else feel this is the worst build up to a season for the a-league yet?

Just waaaaay too late. Seriously, finish the season before the AFL/NRL start, and start the league earlier. In the cooler Sept, play more day/3pm kick offs etc. All of the AFL/NRL finals are night games away, and not on Sundays.

Spring Carnival is half way through, and cricket is a few weeks away. WTF are we doing?

I agree but what do you suggest they do? The mainstream media hates us but so many people love the sport they just can’t get behind the a league very frustrating to watch 

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ritchie De LAET, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c) , 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Riley MCGREE, 10.Dario VIDOSIC, 15.Kearyn BACCUS, 17.Anthony CACERES, 18.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 19.Lachlan WALES, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 25.Iacopo LA ROCCA, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER, 39.Anthony LESIOTIS, 43.Lucas PORTELLI  ** two to be omitted **

Unavailable: 6.Osama MALIK (calf), 11.Michael O’HALLORAN (hamstring), 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON (international duty), 36.Dylan PIERIAS (international duty), 42.James DELIANOV (international duty), 21.Ramy NAJJARINE (international duty), 38.Joshua CAVALLO (international duty), 30.Moudi NAJJAR (international duty), 34.Connor METCALFE (international duty), 22.Curtis GOOD (fitness)

1 hour ago, strider said:

inshAllah we win and kawasaki honda breaks his ankle

inshallah Melbourne Victory falls in the great jihad on saturday

I am fucking pumped. Cannot wait to look very intimidating and making as much noise in one corner of a 200k stadium than the rest of the occupants. Can't wait to bully some Back Row Melbourne pussy. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, neio said:

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ritchie De LAET, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c) , 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Riley MCGREE, 10.Dario VIDOSIC, 15.Kearyn BACCUS, 17.Anthony CACERES, 18.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 19.Lachlan WALES, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 25.Iacopo LA ROCCA, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER, 39.Anthony LESIOTIS, 43.Lucas PORTELLI  ** two to be omitted **

Unavailable: 6.Osama MALIK (calf), 11.Michael O’HALLORAN (hamstring), 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON (international duty), 36.Dylan PIERIAS (international duty), 42.James DELIANOV (international duty), 21.Ramy NAJJARINE (international duty), 38.Joshua CAVALLO (international duty), 30.Moudi NAJJAR (international duty), 34.Connor METCALFE (international duty), 22.Curtis GOOD (fitness)

What stands out for me more is the number of young players away on international duty

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

Will be looking for assistance to find a stream outside Australia, ko 1150 am Cyprus time. can you help (Obi-Wan) @haz 

(Scroll to the bottom of link)

Seems that FFA have stepped up their game with international broadcasting. The Official YouTube channel looks good. If you have a VPN, youll be fine

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/fans-more-corners-globe-set-watch-australian-football-season

• Thanks 1

On 19/10/2018 at 2:11 PM, johnno cpfc said:

Also that Muscat is having problems fitting Troisi into his lineup, if he wants to play him he will have shift Honda out wideor play 2 Number 10s.

Why not push troisi wide and keep Honda as number 10

21 hours ago, ABC123 said:

From all reports he is out for tomorrow’s game unless they are playing mind games, huge loss if true. Now I feel a bit better having O’Halloran out.

Im not sure about O'Halloran, all i saw was someone with tunnel vision when ball at feet running towards the coner flag, granted i didnt see heaps of him but who has really. Hope he proves me wrong.