Melbourne Football

Round 1: Melbourne Derby - 20 October 2018

hakz7

Dont reckon theres any chance Bacchus is in front of Griffiths, but it def wouldnt surprise me if Wales gets the nod over Dario after imo, and i think Wazzas opinion too, an impressive pre season. One of Florin, Dario and Wales will be stiff to start bench imo.

Griffiths is really overrated, just a Malik 2.0. We don’t need two of those. Could have used that money elsewhere on the pitch, saying that Malik is injured so we can use him. We have more quality in midfield now so can’t see him getting many games. Unless he picks up his game.

He can also be the first one being subbed off with Bratten moving into his role when we bring on a more attacking midfielder if we chase the game, because we have no other forwards.

Edited by Mr MO

Speaking to someone from the club this morning and asked what our front 4 will look like.

Again not 100% so don’t shoot the messenger, but from what his seen in training.

Vidosic left wing

bruno striker

wales right wing

berenguer behind Bruno

They said they didn’t bring in a winger for Ohalaran, because they felt they had a lot of versatile players who could play mid/wing.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ABC123 said:

Speaking to someone from the club this morning and asked what our front 4 will look like.

Again not 100% so don’t shoot the messenger, but from what his seen in training.

Vidosic left wing

bruno striker

wales right wing

berenguer behind Bruno

They said they didn’t bring in a winger for Ohalaran, because they felt they had a lot of versatile players who could play mid/wing.

Where does Mcgree fit surely Wales can’t start over Mcgree 

Moe are we going with Brattain Mcgree as a number 6/8 combo

22 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Griffiths is really overrated, just a Malik 2.0. We don’t need two of those. Could have used that money elsewhere on the pitch, saying that Malik is injured so we can use him. We have more quality in midfield now so can’t see him getting many games. Unless he picks up his game.

Disagree strongly, Griffiths is a gun and is  twice the player Malik is.  Should be starting every game possible. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

How the hell can you select your seats? It only gives me "Best Available" option and puts me next to mongol Victory supporters

The option to buy a membership ticket is an entirely different screen to normal tickets. Yiu won’t be able to find them if you clicked “Melbourne Victory vs Melbourne City”— look for something that shows all ticketed events for melbourne victory, then click the one that says something like “Melbourne Victory vs Melbourne City - Members” . On phone atm so I can’t link it for you.

2 hours ago, johnno cpfc said:

the reason i liked the two previous posts was because i cannot for the life me link flares of any kind with improving the atmosphere . How on earth can stinky smoky flares improve the atmosphere specialy for persons like myself who have a condition which is aggravated by smoke.

In May European fan groups, lighting flares is just another way showing your support for your club. In the same way you would have flags, banners, streamers and chant during games.

19 hours ago, Afif Adam said:

im hearing this round will be the introduction/trial of safe controlled flares

So it's central coast and wellington first then possibly other teams https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league-to-trial-controlled-flares

Interesting to see if less police presence going from what o'rourke said on foxsports podcast 

anyone else feel this is the worst build up to a season for the a-league yet?

Just waaaaay too late. Seriously, finish the season before the AFL/NRL start, and start the league earlier. In the cooler Sept, play more day/3pm kick offs etc. All of the AFL/NRL finals are night games away, and not on Sundays.

Spring Carnival is half way through, and cricket is a few weeks away. WTF are we doing?

• Like 1