Melbourne Football

Round 1: Melbourne Derby - 20 October 2018

hakz7

I got them no worries.

Disagree re our seating tbh, we only give them the north end because it makes us more money and we can't otherwise fill the seats. Likewise, they can fill theirs with reserved seating.
Im certain when it gets to the point we can actually fill enough reserved seats, Victory will be fucked off to an away bay and level 3 as well.

31 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I got them no worries.

Disagree re our seating tbh, we only give them the north end because it makes us more money and we can't otherwise fill the seats. Likewise, they can fill theirs with reserved seating.
Im certain when it gets to the point we can actually fill enough reserved seats, Victory will be fucked off to an away bay and level 3 as well.

Which seats did you get?

47 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I got them no worries.

So am I. But that is so far into the future that I'll be dead by then. Meanwhile IMO we should address the present, not some indeterminate point in the future.

7 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

So am I. But that is so far into the future that I'll be dead by then. Meanwhile IMO we should address the present, not some indeterminate point in the future.

I get its shit for us, but whats our argument? Victory should piss off their own fans just to suit us? Don't reckon that washes.

How do I select MCFC Active Area? I'm on link:

https://www.ticketmaster.com.au/melbourne-victory-v-melbourne-city-docklands-victoria-20-10-2018/event/2500551DB1F81894?artistid=1055545&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=11&tm_link=search_msg-0_2500551DB1F81894

and it doesn't give me the option on the drop down. And do you have to be a City member to get Active Bay tix?

Edited by Tony999

3 hours ago, Tony999 said:

How do I select MCFC Active Area? I'm on link:

https://www.ticketmaster.com.au/melbourne-victory-v-melbourne-city-docklands-victoria-20-10-2018/event/2500551DB1F81894?artistid=1055545&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=11&tm_link=search_msg-0_2500551DB1F81894

and it doesn't give me the option on the drop down. And do you have to be a City member to get Active Bay tix?

To my understanding you do need to be a city member to choose the active bay.

Ah yes an away Derby, the best place if you win, hell when you don't.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Using the teams Joyce has fielded so far. He has tended to stick to the same 12 or 13 players.

I am guessing

Birighitti before Galekovic 

De Laet before Atkinson

Midfield was my problem do you leave out; a visa player Berenguer or do you drop Vidosic who has scored in his last couple of games or do you omit McGree an up and coming star of Australian football or does Wales miss out but has been one of the better players in the preseason. With my little knowledge of A league I dropped the visa player as Joyce neglected to give them some game time time in the preseason cup and friendly matches.

…………….. Fornaroli

Vidosic …..McGree..….Wales

.........Brattan……Griffiths

Jamieson….Bart…Delbridge….DeLaet

……………. Birighitti

Edited by Inchcolm

8 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Does anyone know what's up with Berenguer? Has he been signed as our compulsory injured visa player, or did we just sign another visa that won't be match fit until January?

He played in the pre-season match against Perth. 

43 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

any others?

Played Brisbane too, before that he was on the bench for the WSW FFA Cup game (only like 2 weeks after arriving in Melbounre.

Right now MOH is our compulsary injured VISA

11 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

Using the teams Joyce has fielded so far. He has tended to stick to the same 12 or 13 players.

I am guessing

Birighitti before Galekovic 

De Laet before Atkinson

Midfield was my problem do you leave out; a visa player Berenguer or do you drop Vidosic who has scored in his last couple of games or do you omit McGree an up and coming star of Australian football or does Wales miss out but has been one of the better players in the preseason. With my little knowledge of A league I dropped the visa player as Joyce neglected to give them some game time time in the preseason cup and friendly matches.

…………….. Fornaroli

Vidosic …..McGree..….Wales

.........Brattan……Griffiths

……………. Birighitti

This is the most likely starting 11!

16 hours ago, Originalmeme said:

id say take wales out and vidosic on the right to fit griffiths in. id be happy with that formation.

I’d say he will drop frenchy to the bench Vidosic on the left and Griffiths into DM 

12 hours ago, haz said:

Played Brisbane too, before that he was on the bench for the WSW FFA Cup game (only like 2 weeks after arriving in Melbounre.

Right now MOH is our compulsary injured VISA

Undoubtedly the Germano treatment room is the one position we can guarantee will have competition and depth

• Like 2

I reckon Florin is an outside chance of starting this one, and will almost certainly feature off the bench given MOH is injured.

XI as per @Inchcolm above imo, with Berenguer, Galekovic, Caceres all certain to make the squad. Final two could be a bit of a lottery given the players away, but obv Malik, La Rocca and Good if theyre available and perhaps Bahhus or one of the kids not on Aust duty.

45 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I reckon Florin is an outside chance of starting this one, and will almost certainly feature off the bench given MOH is injured.

XI as per @Inchcolm above imo, with Berenguer, Galekovic, Caceres all certain to make the squad. Final two could be a bit of a lottery given the players away, but obv Malik, La Rocca and Good if theyre available and perhaps Bahhus or one of the kids not on Aust duty.

Malik has to be in the squad week in week out unless injured as he’s pretty Versitile in plugging holes. 

After today's team selection and performances, I have to review my team selection.                                                                                                                                                                              Berenguer must start and I feel as good as he has been, Wales will miss out. We need Vidosic's goals. I have also changed the goalkeeper as Birighitti did not get much game time today.

…………….. Fornaroli

Berenguer.…..McGree..…. Vidosic

Brattan……Griffiths

……………. Galekovic

Keeper spot is still up in the air. I'm still leaning towards Birighitti, as I think we all agree that Bouzanis would have started if he will still here. And most think birra is the equal if not better. 

The back 4 picks its self now I think. DeLaet Schenkeveld Delbridge Jamieson 

The midfield 3, I say Brattan is a lock, and I also think Griffiths will definitely play. That leaves one's spot for McGree, Baccus or Caceras. I'd lean towards McGree for his creative work he can do and he also scores goals. 

The front 3. Bruno plays obviously and I think Berenguer has forced his way into the 11 especially if he is taking set pieces. Leaves one spot for Wales or Vidosic. I'd go with Vidosic little more expiriened and has more goals in him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Afif Adam said:

Not sure about Griffiths or Baccus since I wasn’t there last night but basing of the boys on the forum, this 11 should get it done ...Vidosic Super Sub146601A3-76CF-4FFA-98D5-B3DE3B9FF53D.thumb.jpeg.03fc49d59177068f940e023ce6589855.jpeg

I'm not quite sure what to say. You really think Bacchus and Wales should both be ahead of Griffiths and Vidosic? Granted Wales has been doing well so far. But he's not ahead of Vidosic imo. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 2