Melbourne Football

Welcome Ritchie de Laet

jw1739

Absolutely stoked. Barring misfortune / injury, he's gonna be great and by God does the squad look good. gotta have faith peeps (tho knowing this forum, I'm just waiting for the pessimistic bullshit / always angry about something posts from some for the next 9 months - ie #yoof, #draintheswamp)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harrison said:

I've been here since the start mate. I understand the hesitation and reluctance but it's time to put that mentality to bed. It's time to start thinking like winners and expecting success every year. 

This is the strongest squad we've ever had, with a full quota of visa players all 30 and under and all have had experience in the top leagues in Europe. Our Australian players are some of the best in the league at the moment and many have played in Europe or Asia. We've got a manager who has helped develop and coach some of the biggest names in world football and a list of assistants who are knowledgable, experienced and have been part of successful set ups in the past. We have the best youth and the best facilities in the country. All of this is backed by a group that just won the PL title and have big ambitions and even bigger pockets.  

If we can't even get stupidly optimistic and excited about that, then what is the point of supporting a club?

Love your passion dude but my expectations were crushed many many times. I'll still follow City and no doubt get exciting but just saying. Btw, I think our best squad was when Mooy and Novillo were here. But anyway... fire up!!

15 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Love your passion dude but my expectations were crushed many many times. I'll still follow City and no doubt get exciting but just saying. Btw, I think our best squad was when Mooy and Novillo were here. But anyway... fire up!!

Too many holes in that squad tbh. Think our back 4 is more much more solid now and i think we are very evenly balanced across the rest of the squad.

Im always optimistic at the start of the season on our chances, but have been burnt every time like yourself. Think last season burnt me the most being up there in Newy to witness it. I think we missed a golden opportunity to pinch one last season, but oh well.

Actully really keen for the season to start and see where this team can take us

• Like 3

2 hours ago, [LIBBA] said:

Too many holes in that squad tbh. Think our back 4 is more much more solid now and i think we are very evenly balanced across the rest of the squad.

Im always optimistic at the start of the season on our chances, but have been burnt every time like yourself. Think last season burnt me the most being up there in Newy to witness it. I think we missed a golden opportunity to pinch one last season, but oh well.

Actully really keen for the season to start and see where this team can take us

I think it is rather telling that this season there are gonna be players who are starting XI quality sitting on the pine. I don't think we have had that before (excluding Sorensen).

6 minutes ago, malloy said:

I think it is rather telling that this season there are gonna be players who are starting XI quality sitting on the pine. I don't think we have had that before (excluding Sorensen).

Our second eleven would be pretty useful against several sides in the league, and is probably the standard of team we'd have fielded in the Heart days. 

6 hours ago, Harrison said:

I've been here since the start mate. I understand the hesitation and reluctance but it's time to put that mentality to bed. It's time to start thinking like winners and expecting success every year. 

This is the strongest squad we've ever had, with a full quota of visa players all 30 and under and all have had experience in the top leagues in Europe. Our Australian players are some of the best in the league at the moment and many have played in Europe or Asia. We've got a manager who has helped develop and coach some of the biggest names in world football and a list of assistants who are knowledgable, experienced and have been part of successful set ups in the past. We have the best youth and the best facilities in the country. All of this is backed by a group that just won the PL title and have big ambitions and even bigger pockets.  

If we can't even get stupidly optimistic and excited about that, then what is the point of supporting a club?

A counterfeit bill looks good too until you try to spend it.

Not to rain on the parade but I'm going into the season like I do every season : with cautious optimism. 

I think we have a great list,  on paper. It's all now up to Warren Joyce to make all the cogs work together to achieve the goal of our first ever championship. He also won't have any bullshit excuses if it goes pare shaped such as "I wasnt  around when all the signings were made". Our success now squarely rests on his shoulders because as we all know the quality is clearly there. 

In saying all that, bring on the season! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malloy said:

I would argue we had the same quality on the bench last season. 

Major difference this year they will be all Wazza's boys so hopefully there won't be another January exodus. 

Like a few others I'm reluctant to get too pumped but looking at the squad purely on paper we have the best balanced list yet.

Next 35 games will be good to see where we are at.

Edited by Jovan
35 games is 3 more games to win the cup and 27 league plus a few finals including granny.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1