Melbourne Football

FFA Cup - QF: City v Wanderers, AAMI Park, September 19 @ 7.30

Harrison

46 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

My EXPECTED line up for tonight 

Bench - Birrazz, Atkinson, Wales, Berenguer & CAC 

B0FFF88C-2440-4B77-BDA2-5D47EA0F6C0E.jpeg

Think this will be close to what we go with, although i'm definitely not convinced that Delbridge starts. If he does, i'd suggest he'll start in the middle and RDL goes to RB.

Bench to be made up of Birra, Atkinson, Caceres, Berenguer and Wales

4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Think this will be close to what we go with, although i'm definitely not convinced that Delbridge starts. If he does, i'd suggest he'll start in the middle and RDL goes to RB.

Bench to be made up of Birra, Atkinson, Caceres, Berenguer and Wales

If I was picking the side I’d go with Atkinson over Delbo but that’s me! I’m excited to see Berenguer play but if we take an early lead can’t see it happening! 

Ill be going with

Birraz

Atk                 Bort              Richie              Jamo

Grif          Brats

McGree

OHal                     Bruno                     Floral

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Ill be going with

Birraz

Atk                 Bort              Richie              Jamo

Grif          Brats

McGree

OHal                     Bruno                     Floral

This is how id love for us to line up!!

On 17/09/2018 at 4:56 PM, Jovan said:

The way I've seen Joyce is a stock standard 433. And his midfield 3 is the conservative 2 holding and 1 attacking but his attacking is more as the closing down than creative. He likes wide players. 

So I think De lite and Birighitti won't play and only because they haven't been here long enough and possibly your boy will start. Delbridge hasn't done anything wrong and going on last season he will get played until he has to be replaced. And Malik will always start. So the way I see it we will line up like this. 

Vidosic      Fornaroli    O'Halloran

Mcgree

Brattan       Griffiths 

Jamo    Bort     Malik    Delbridge 

Galekovic 

You not be far off if he keeps faith with his team selection so far, MOH  will not play. He will put Wales in and then you have his team. If fit and registered 3 visas on the bench.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

You not be far off if he keeps faith with his team selection so far, MOH  will not play. He will put Wales in and then you have his team. If fit and registered 3 visas on the bench.

Malik is injured opens a start for Atkinson or Deleat 

wouldnt surprise me if wales started but hoping O’Hallaron does!

I'm feeling fairly happy with our recruiting this season, despite only having one 'star' player (Bruno), I think that we have a better-balanced team in terms of quality and reasonable depth. Perhaps all we lack is a game-changing sub (an Arzani-like player) but this may come during the season. Our only vulnerability is a lack of cover for Bruno. I think that we should be too strong for WSW tonight of we play to our abilities

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

Malik is injured opens a start for Atkinson or Deleat 

wouldnt surprise me if wales started but hoping O’Hallaron does!

Silly question why wouldn't it surprise you? Is it because Joyce is a creature of habit or Wales has played well enough to keep his place or because he does not think MOH is ready

7 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Silly question why wouldn't it surprise you? Is it because Joyce is a creature of habit or Wales has played well enough to keep his place or because he does not think MOH is ready

Joyce has generally shown in his time at City that if you are performing you'll retain your spot. Essentially once you get into the XI its your spot to lose.
Pretty much no-one wanted Malik in the team at the start of last season but Killa's flu in Round 1 opened the door for him, and he took his chance so well that Kilkenny was never really given a look in to get the spot back. The same can be said in quite a few instances over the course of last season (Arzani, Atkinson etc).

Given Wales has clearly impressed the gaffer in pre-season and hasnt been too shabby in the games, there is some chance he'd be given the nod again. In saying that i tend to think that O'Halloran will start given his assist and reportedly good performance v Adelaide. I think Dario is a lock to start on the other wing tbh.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Joyce has generally shown in his time at City that if you are performing you'll retain your spot. Essentially once you get into the XI its your spot to lose.
Pretty much no-one wanted Malik in the team at the start of last season but Killa's flu in Round 1 opened the door for him, and he took his chance so well that Kilkenny was never really given a look in to get the spot back. The same can be said in quite a few instances over the course of last season (Arzani, Atkinson etc).

Given Wales has clearly impressed the gaffer in pre-season and hasnt been too shabby in the games, there is some chance he'd be given the nod again. In saying that i tend to think that O'Halloran will start given his assist and reportedly good performance v Adelaide. I think Dario is a lock to start on the other wing tbh.

Thanks, I agree if a player and the team are playing well and winning why change it

1 hour ago, Inchcolm said:

For the fact wales has started most game so far scored a goal recently and been ok! My knock on wales is he lacks a killer final ball! But going forward I feel like MOH is a better player !

Edited by Missing_Moy

1 hour ago, Inchcolm said:

Thanks, I agree if a player and the team are playing well and winning why change it

15 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

For the fact wales has started most game so far scored a goal recently and been ok! My knock on wales is he lacks a killer final ball! But going forward I feel like MOH is a better player !

I just want to win

35 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I just want all the players to have a fun time

Having played to the ripe old age of 44, if you are not in the starting XI it's not much fun. I continually dropped down leagues just to play. But may be professional footballers see it different. They may enjoy furthring their careers by sitting on the bench or in the stand.

1 minute ago, Jovan said:

Working. 

So I'm expecting some insightful updates accompanied with some witty banter.

On a computer/mobile or away from one?

If the former, just use youtube on low quality (if using data) then chuck in your earphones for pretty much radio

3 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Fornaroli out. ACL

Ban please

6 minutes ago, Murfy1 said:

Do you work in China too?

j/k

Just an efficient German company with no distractions allowed ;)

---------------------------

So who has been dropped from the squad of 16?

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jeffplz said:

Looks like a fair squad given  how recently our new signings joined the club. Still not sure about Ohalloran being benched.

Thought he did enough in the 2v0 win to get a start. Sure he will not be happy. 3rd competitive game he has not started but Joyce seems to have settled on his attacking 5 and with the French  player to come he could end up 6th choice and back to UK in January