Melbourne Football

FFA Cup - Round of 16: City v Newcastle, AAMI Park, August 29 @ 7.30

Harrison

7 hours ago, haz said:

Are you a sibling or the father of O'Halloran?

The answer to your question and all those that complemented you on the question is no.

Are you a secret or open Glasgow Rangers fan that wants to blacken his name before he has shown what he can give to the team? Is that why you question my suggestion that he starts the game on the right wing? Or is there some other reason why you question my team selection? Feel free to answer.

As a spectator that has watched him perform at St Johnstone and in  the Scottish cup final, I believe you will surprised just how good he is. You talk about marquee signings, he was a St Johnstone marquee signing. Ask any other St Johnstone supporter about MOH and they will tell you the same. Then again, he may be he is family, because in Perth all our players are family.  And the cup wining team (the immortals) will be family to many generations to come. I hope you can relate to that and when the league is won, then all the city players will be part of your immortal football family.

I have retired to Cyprus and a football fanatic follow St Johnstone and I also follow the careers of that immortal Scottish Cup winning team and MOH is one .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

I believe you will surprised just how good he is.

He looks all quality to me and I look forward to seeing the magic he weaves. 

If he can link up with Bruno (which I am sure he can), goals on the break will be fantastic to watch. I can only hope for the Caceres/Brattan, O'Halloran, Bruno lethal combination on the counter attack to be as good as the Mooy, Novillo, Bruno combinations of the past.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

The answer to your question and all those that complemented you on the question is no.

Are you a secret or open Glasgow Rangers fan that wants to blacken his name before he has shown what he can give to the team? Is that why you question my suggestion that he starts the game on the right wing? Or is there some other reason why you question my team selection? Feel free to answer.

As a spectator that has watched him perform at St Johnstone and in  the Scottish cup final, I believe you will surprised just how good he is. You talk about marquee signings, he was a St Johnstone marquee signing. Ask any other St Johnstone supporter about MOH and they will tell you the same. Then again, he may be he is family, because in Perth all our players are family.  And the cup wining team (the immortals) will be family to many generations to come. I hope you can relate to that and when the league is won, then all the city players will be part of your immortal football family.

I have retired to Cyprus and a football fanatic follow St Johnstone and I also follow the careers of that immortal Scottish Cup winning team and MOH is one .

Ill reserve my judgment until we're 3 rounds into the season.

3 minutes ago, haz said:

Ill reserve my judgment until we're 3 rounds into the season.

Perfect time to were we are at and also were he is also. 

So if we remember when starting the round thread could we add "good chance to see where we are at round".

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Perfect time to were we are at and also were he is also. 

So if we remember when starting the round thread could we add "good chance to see where we are at round".

This will be a good chance to see where the forum is at

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

(If it hasnt been posted yet)

On the 25th of August Newcastle played Central Coast, they drew 2-2.

Ben Kantarovski was injured in the match and sure to miss the FFA Cup match. Also Champness, Koutroumbisis and O'Donovan are still out and will miss.

===================================

Here were the squads:

Central Coast Mariners: Ben KENNEDY (GK), Matthew MILLAR, Jake McGing, Antony GOLEC, Jack CLISBY, Jacob MELLING, Peter KEKERIS (58’ Josh MACDONALD), Michael MCGLINCHEY, Josh NISBET (71’ Charles M’MOMBWA), Connor PAIN (73’ Emmanuel PETERS), Matthew SIMON (73’ Jordan MURRAY)

Newcastle Jets: Noah JAMES (GK) (57’ Kane RUNGE (GK)), Jason HOFFMAN (45’ Roy O’DONOVAN), Ben KANTAROVSKI, Nigel BOOGAARD (61’ Jackson FRENDO), Steven UGARKOVIC (57’ Jack SIMMONS), Dimi, PETRATOS (57’ Patrick LANGLOIS), Ronald VARGAS (57’ Yerasimakis PETRATOS), Daniel GEORGIEVSKI (61’ Lachlan JACKSON), Johnny KOUTROUMBIS (45’ Angus THURGATE), Matthew RIDENTON (57’ Kosta PETRATOS), Nikolai TOPOR-STANLEY (61’ Cai TIPALDO)

Here are the scorers:

GOALS:

11’ CLISBY (1-0): A wonderful whipped delivery fooled the Jets’ keeper which flew into the back of the net from distance. A perfect free-kick from Jack Clisby.

41’ HOFFMAN (1-1): A pin point cross from Ridenton found the feet of Hoffman at the back post who tapped home with ease.

61’ O’DONOVAN (2-1): A great cross from Georgievski hit the head of O’Donovan at the far post from close range.

65’ PAIN (2-2): A stunning strike by Connor Pain flew straight into the top corner. A trademark Pain bullet ultimately end the match in a 2-2 draw.

So really both teams played with almost full strength teams (2nd half not so much). Unless CCM have gotten good, it seems Newcastle struggled.

Edited by haz

3 hours ago, haz said:

(If it hasnt been posted yet)

On the 25th of August Newcastle played Central Coast, they drew 2-2.

Ben Kantarovski was injured in the match and sure to miss the FFA Cup match. Also Champness, Koutroumbisis and O'Donovan are still out and will miss.

Here were the squads:

Central Coast Mariners: Ben KENNEDY (GK), Matthew MILLAR, Jake McGing, Antony GOLEC, Jack CLISBY, Jacob MELLING, Peter KEKERIS (58’ Josh MACDONALD), Michael MCGLINCHEY, Josh NISBET (71’ Charles M’MOMBWA), Connor PAIN (73’ Emmanuel PETERS), Matthew SIMON (73’ Jordan MURRAY)

Newcastle Jets: Noah JAMES (GK) (57’ Kane RUNGE (GK)), Jason HOFFMAN (45’ Roy O’DONOVAN), Ben KANTAROVSKI, Nigel BOOGAARD (61’ Jackson FRENDO), Steven UGARKOVIC (57’ Jack SIMMONS), Dimi, PETRATOS (57’ Patrick LANGLOIS), Ronald VARGAS (57’ Yerasimakis PETRATOS), Daniel GEORGIEVSKI (61’ Lachlan JACKSON), Johnny KOUTROUMBIS (45’ Angus THURGATE), Matthew RIDENTON (57’ Kosta PETRATOS), Nikolai TOPOR-STANLEY (61’ Cai TIPALDO)

Here are the scorers:

GOALS:

11’ CLISBY (1-0): A wonderful whipped delivery fooled the Jets’ keeper which flew into the back of the net from distance. A perfect free-kick from Jack Clisby.

41’ HOFFMAN (1-1): A pin point cross from Ridenton found the feet of Hoffman at the back post who tapped home with ease.

61’ O’DONOVAN (2-1): A great cross from Georgievski hit the head of O’Donovan at the far post from close range.

65’ PAIN (2-2): A stunning strike by Connor Pain flew straight into the top corner. A trademark Pain bullet ultimately end the match in a 2-2 draw.

So really both teams played with almost full strength teams (2nd half not so much). Unless CCM have gotten good, it seems Newcastle struggled.

Old clisbo got on the sheet. On ya

• Like 1

Here is what I think it may be

Galeck

Atkinson        Shenk          Grif           Jame

Mal Brats

Ohal                  Vido                    MCGree

Tuna

Only swap I see in there is Mal for Grif

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Here is what I think it may be

Galeck

Atkinson        Shenk          Grif           Jame

Mal Brats

Ohal                  Vido                    MCGree

Tuna

Only swap I see in there is Mal for Grif

This side wins 3-1 brace to El Tuna and header to Dario 

think the gaffer rates Wales so wouldn’t be surprised to see him in the starting line up!

Need some goal scoring threat to come off the bench Najjar and Najjarine 

41 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

missed opportunity from the league/club, no footy this week, would of been perfect to have it this Saturday 

IMO the season should start this weekend in future, as long as the AFL continue to have the week off before finals.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bt50 said:

IMO the season should start this weekend in future, as long as the AFL continue to have the week off before finals.

Completely agree with this. IMO as long as matches aren't scheduled to directly conflict with one another (which basically means take place on the same day) - which is stupid behaviour from all parties - the various sporting codes can co-exist.

As our league expands, we're going to have to schedule more matches anyway, and we do need to give relief to those clubs competing in the ACL, which have a congested fixture at the end of our season. We've just got to run the league smarter.

13 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Completely agree with this. IMO as long as matches aren't scheduled to directly conflict with one another (which basically means take place on the same day) - which is stupid behaviour from all parties - the various sporting codes can co-exist.

As our league expands, we're going to have to schedule more matches anyway, and we do need to give relief to those clubs competing in the ACL, which have a congested fixture at the end of our season. We've just got to run the league smarter.

Pretty much. The 'clear air' concept is flawed imo as the AFL is a year round business these days with the various drafts and trade week etc. IMO launch on the week between the finals where there is no direct opposition, and you've got fans of 10 clubs, usually 5 or 6 of which are Vic based, looking for something else to turn their attention to. It's then just a matter of being clever with scheduling against the 9 games that make up the AFL finals ie avoid Friday nights, particularly in Melb.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Pretty much. The 'clear air' concept is flawed imo as the AFL is a year round business these days with the various drafts and trade week etc. IMO launch on the week between the finals where there is no direct opposition, and you've got fans of 10 clubs, usually 5 or 6 of which are Vic based, looking for something else to turn their attention to. It's then just a matter of being clever with scheduling against the 9 games that make up the AFL finals ie avoid Friday nights, particularly in Melb.

We'd also have to avoid the final round of NRL being played this weekend, and then NRL finals. Whilst there's only one team for us to worry about in VIC, this would be a much bigger deal for the NSW teams, and for Roar. Not insurmountable but bear in mind we use some of the same grounds, and any lengthening of the A League season means we have to step carefully around two other big codes. 

25 minutes ago, bt50 said:

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Complete agreement from me too. League needs to get longer and id rather have that in the cooler months. 

On 21/08/2018 at 3:34 PM, Inchcolm said:

Can anything be read into WJ starting line up so far? 10 players have started 3 of the 4 games so far and 5 have started all 4. They are:

3 starts    GALEKOVIC

3 starts JAMIESON,         3 starts SCHENKEVELD           3 starts MALIK,            3 starts DELBRIDGE,

4 starts BRATTAN,          4 starts  ATKINSON

4 starts McGREE,                                                4 starts VIDOSIC,                                  4 starts WALES,

2 starts FORNAROLI,

2 starts  O’HALLORAN, 1 start BOUZANIS, 1 start GRIFFTHS and 1 start CACERES,

Could this be the 11 to face Newcastle? Or am I looking too deep into his starting line ups

As much as I would like O'Halloran to start. I think he will stick to his usual starts

3 minutes ago, Originalmeme said:

not sure how this lineup works, and not happy ohallaron doesnt start over wales... hoping for the best expecting the worst

Can you post the image as a regular jpg or png?

Edited by haz

4 minutes ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

Bruno

Wales McGree Vido

Griff Bratts

Jamo Bart Malik Delbridge

Galek

@Inchcolm going to have a meltdown

To your credit though mate I do rate O'Halloran above Wales. Wales is trash.

Edited by haz
  • Haha 1