Melbourne Football

FFA Cup - Round of 16: City v Newcastle, AAMI Park, August 29 @ 7.30

Harrison

2 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

k but unreserved seating, does that mean its general admission for any seat in the stadium or im confused

You may find that only certain sections are open.

A second e-mail has just arrived, this time with barcodes for both me and MrsJW.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

Mobile ticket states GA for sections and seats but the “view venue map” button highlights the 2 rows I’m supposedly sitting in...is it GA for half the stadium or GA in a specific Section tf going on Ticketek 

Forget it, just go wherever you normally sit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Afif Adam said:

Mobile ticket states GA for sections and seats but the “view venue map” button highlights the 2 rows I’m supposedly sitting in...is it GA for half the stadium or GA in a specific Section tf going on Ticketek 

Th e-mails from the club clearly state "The match will be unreserved seating only, with no access to reserved seating." Ignore what it says on the ticket and sit where you want.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

The guys that got the email for a free ticket, have you renewed/purchased memberships for 2018/19? I got FA in my email.

im sure you will only receive a free ticket once you have renewed or purchased a membership for 2018/19, prob try contacting the club 

• Like 1

Now this is my opinion but against Newcastle this should be our starting lineup and tactic.

Bruno (CF)

O'Hallorin (LM)  Caceres (Att mid)  Mcgree (RM)

Brattan (cm/DM)    That new bloke(DM)

Delbridge (LB)                                  Atkinson (RB)

LaRocca                   Bort

Galeković

Subs- Jameson, Malik, Wales, Vidosic....

Attacking Tactics- The New bloke at defensive mid to stay back while Brattan runs up more as he is better at making plays.

Delbridge to stay back as more of a Centre Back while Atkinson over laps Mcgree when attacking and Mcgree cuts inside.

Bruno to get in behind the defenders so when Caceres has the ball he can be man marked while O'Hallorin runs down the left  and can pass it off to him. This will hopefully give bruno space and with Mcgree cutting in this means both bruno and Mcgree are inside the box.

Defense tactic- with delbridge staying back and the new bloke staying back as Defensive mid. This means if our attackers lose possession we still have 4 but including brattan rushing back and Atkinson, this could make it 6 back. Our defensive line cannot be pressed high up the pitch as in the past few season when we have done that, we have conceded because we do not have enough players back. This will hopefully stop Newcastle from attacking as by the time they try to counter be would already have 6 back

Hopefully with these tactics it can balance both attack and defence. Feel free to discuss

Edited by xXCiTyZeNXx
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

Let’s all just take a moment to laugh at Victory who just lost to APIA Leichhardt in their FFA Cup match

Yeah, but they still have Honda and we're shit because we didn't win tonight either.

Well this is how some probably still see it...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

Let’s all just take a moment to laugh at Victory who just lost to APIA Leichhardt in their FFA Cup match

We still havnt played yet, ill be saving my laughing until after we beat Newey

Can anything be read into WJ starting line up so far? 10 players have started 3 of the 4 games so far and 5 have started all 4. They are:

3 starts    GALEKOVIC

3 starts JAMIESON,         3 starts SCHENKEVELD           3 starts MALIK,            3 starts DELBRIDGE,

4 starts BRATTAN,          4 starts  ATKINSON

4 starts McGREE,                                                4 starts VIDOSIC,                                  4 starts WALES,

2 starts FORNAROLI,

2 starts  O’HALLORAN, 1 start BOUZANIS, 1 start GRIFFTHS and 1 start CACERES,

Could this be the 11 to face Newcastle? Or am I looking too deep into his starting line ups

1 hour ago, Inchcolm said:

Can anything be read into WJ starting line up so far? 10 players have started 3 of the 4 games so far and 5 have started all 4. They are:

3 starts    GALEKOVIC

3 starts JAMIESON,         3 starts SCHENKEVELD           3 starts MALIK,            3 starts DELBRIDGE,

4 starts BRATTAN,          4 starts  ATKINSON

4 starts McGREE,                                                4 starts VIDOSIC,                                  4 starts WALES,

2 starts FORNAROLI,

2 starts  O’HALLORAN, 1 start BOUZANIS, 1 start GRIFFTHS and 1 start CACERES,

Could this be the 11 to face Newcastle? Or am I looking too deep into his starting line ups

swap out Wales for Halloran would be nice