Melbourne Football

Melbourne City FC Kits 18/19

Forever City

14 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I like it. Why make huge changes to something that already looks great. White collar makes it even better imo. 

Oh and most importantly. Its not a Man City clone which means its highly likely that we avoid navy socks. I am hoping for white, but not holding my breath

38720891_10217230062567956_6223135353927

Agree with this. No need to make wholesale changes with a new supplier on board next season.

The subtle change lends towards some stability with our identity.

3 hours ago, [LIBBA] said:

I want fuckin squiggly lines on the arms.

What we not good enough for squiggles

The squiggly arm lines looked shite on the socceroos kit and they look shite on the Man City kit. Glad that we haven't got them as they'd likely have been navy. New kit looks mint tbh

• Like 1

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I want to believe this updated kit is a tiny indication of the club hearing what the fan has to say. Time and time again we've cried out "We don't want to be a Man City clone!" and this season they've offered us a point of difference. I think the plain blue top (with updated colour) is far nicer than 18/19 Man City kit anyway.

4 hours ago, [LIBBA] said:

Just received a private msg from the club on Twitter saying that kits wont be available tonight at the event and will be online.

Pretty annoyed tbh

Bugger the kits. What I'd like to be able to buy is one of those really sky blue tracksuit tops that Joyce, Kisnorbo etc. were wearing in India.

3 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

So, does anyone think there’ll be a new player announcement/reveal at the event tonight?

Nah would be a bit strange IMO and too far a departure of the usual MO.

Unless it was a big marquee

Edited by Dylan

19 minutes ago, haz said:

I hope their wording is wrong..... Otherwise they seem to be pusing the red out of favour since it would be a 3rd kit

I hope these are not the final versions. You'd think they could line up the club badge with the round part of the A-League logo. 

3 minutes ago, Embee said:

received_690881974602421.jpeg

Why do they have to put a filter on this?

Anyway, kits are meh. Hopefully next season (since its after the 2 year rollover) we might get something a little more different.

How often will we use the black kit?

5 minutes ago, haz said:

Why do they have to put a filter on this?

Anyway, kits are meh. Hopefully next season (since its after the 2 year rollover) we might get something a little more different.

How often will we use the black kit?

I was thinking this with the black kit 

We wore red kit in away games against Wellington, Sydney, Newcastle and perth

I wouldnt be surprised if the black kit was worn in the other away games except for Victory obviously 

1 minute ago, neio said:

I was thinking this with the black kit 

We wore red kit in away games against Wellington, Sydney, Newcastle and perth

I wouldnt be surprised if the black kit was worn in the other away games except for Victory obviously 

Won't it depend on who's sponsoring which kit and for which matches?