Melbourne Football

Melbourne City FC Kits 18/19

Forever City

48 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I hope not clones of Manchester City, and I don't want to see any bloody dark blue...but I'm not holding my breath.

Im sure I remember an FRG meeting from a while ago where the issue of the use of navy blue was raised and the club actually did acknowledge that issue raised. I would love the sash to come back but I wont hold my breath 

Anyway, if we do end up with the exact same as man city I will be bitterly dissapointed

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Im sure I remember an FRG meeting from a while ago where the issue of the use of navy blue was raised and the club actually did acknowledge that issue raised. I would love the sash to come back but I wont hold my breath 

Anyway, if we do end up with the exact same as man city I will be bitterly dissapointed

It's hard to know whether the darker blue has gone or not. Sometimes I think it has and that we've morphed it into black, and then the next minute it re-appears (on the club web-site for example.) But I still think that our merchandise, training kits etc. etc. are too similar to Victory's for comfort - we need a clean break IMO.

The Manchester City 3rd kit for 2028/19 is purple with an orange sash...

Thinking about 3rd kits we have only had 3 in our history all of them when we were Heart. The two black kits one with a red and white sash and if I remember correctly a kit with all the players social media names of the back. The other one was for our 100th game with all the members names on it (which I regret not buying to this day) and when we wore it against Newcastle we broke our losing streak.

images (10).jpeg

images (9).jpeg

Patrick-Kisnorbo-L-and-Harry-Kewell-R-model-Melbourne-Heart-FCs-Third-Kit.png

Edited by Forever City
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I reckon a 3rd kit with red on it somewhere would be a best-selling item. I might even indulge myself.

Ive been looking to replace my 1st year City kit for a while now (after mum decided to wash it when I came home from Uni and ruined the numbers..)

I have no idea why but I have a feeling we are going to get the socceroos template because I can see the geniuses at Nike going 'Hey they are based in Aus lets give them that one' Perhaps the feeling came from that pyramid shape they have used for the event flyer immediately reminded me of the socceroos sleeve.

Question I think will be whether its white or navy. Anyway here is a 10sec job on the white

YxtlI2J.gif

Edited by Dylan

2 hours ago, Missing_Moy said:

B60887C3-4F78-418D-9C6A-3AD8CF51A23B.jpeg

I dont know if its just me, but does the black kit have lighter (grey?) vertical stripes? Maybe it will just be a copy of that kit Manchester had a few seasons ago (Posted above^)

EDIT: Just realised that kit is by Umbro, so he wont be a direct copy

Edited by haz

1 hour ago, haz said:

I dont know if its just me, but does the black kit have lighter (grey?) vertical stripes? Maybe it will just be a copy of that kit Manchester had a few seasons ago (Posted above^)

EDIT: Just realised that kit is by Umbro, so he wont be a direct copy

at first glance it looked like a full black jersey with white strip but could possibly be blue aswell, to match with our logo

10 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

at first glance it looked like a full black jersey with white strip but could possibly be blue aswell, to match with our logo

I just want a pattern of somesort, bars, hoops, checkers, sash dont care! Any pattern is better then a plain kit!