Melbourne Football

Melbourne City FC pre season 2018

Forever City

I thought it may have been this. But it did look like Vidosic came from left to score the goal.

.....…………….. Vidosic

Berenguer…..McGree..….Wales

Brattan……Griffiths

Jamieson….Bart…Delbridge….DeLaet

…………......…. Galekovic

10 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

Last game, starting XI: Galekovic, Jamieson, Delbridge, Schenkeveld, De Laet, Brattan, Caceres, Vidosic, McGree, Berenguer, Wales

Bench: Birighitti, Griffiths, Fornaroli, La Rocca, Pasiotis, Portelli, Metcalfe, Lesiotis

Anyone want to suggest formation and who played where?

Missing: O'Halloran (injured), Malik (injured), Atkinson, Pierias, Good, Najjarine, Najjar.

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

And Good presumably not yet fit? 

I don't buy this "not yet fit" stuff City puts out on players. In the case of Good he was playing up until shortly before signing for us and he's had several weeks on the track back in Melbourne. These guys are professional athletes and they don't lose fitness like the rest of us. City gets too many injuries - maybe we're "over-training" our players. By now all they need is light training, and more actual football. Bring on an expanded A-League, and more matches in a longer season.

• Like 3

Would I be wrong to assume, his starting line up will be the XI that plays in game 1. Or does it make too much sense to get them playing together before the season starts. Personally i would have been playing my best XI from the start of preseason and putting in the visa players as and when the they arrived. That way your best XI would be ready to hit the ground running but what do I know

5 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

53EB2FDF-DED5-469B-9673-095F2E504B48.thumb.jpeg.ea3dc1895a15083b53380c680a78e0ae.jpegteam to take on WSW tonight , interesting to see Baccus is already starting + Berenguer ....Birighitti might be benched for the derby , boy la Rocca issa bacca 

Will this be a 4:3:3?

6 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Would I be wrong to assume, his starting line up will be the XI that plays in game 1. Or does it make too much sense to get them playing together before the season starts. Personally i would have been playing my best XI from the start of preseason and putting in the visa players as and when the they arrived. That way your best XI would be ready to hit the ground running but what do I know

Im guessing we would see most of the team switched at HT (Because Baccus is starting). No chance both Mcgree and Vidosic would be on the bench.

If that doesn't happen, then yea I would expect this to be close to the line up for RD1.

Edited by haz

8 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Maybe , 4231 with Brattan and Baccus at DM ....Caceras CAM and Frenchy and Welsh guy filling the wings, tbh not a bad squad 

Btw anyone at the game ? lol what’s the attendance like 

• Thanks 1