Melbourne Football

Melbourne City FC pre season 2018

Forever City

41 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I don't think he's out of favour, either off the field or on it. Off-field he's featured a lot in the club promotions, and on-field we've got such depth in the squad that he's just not a starter atm. I've said it before, but there's quality everywhere you look. If De Laet comes in then our recruiting this time around has been bloody good.

Touch wood JW. We haven't had a good marquee signing as City before

4 hours ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

A brilliant combination on the left involving Scott Jamieson found the feet of Bruno Fornaroli as the striker pivoted and looked forward towards goal. A darting run from Wales through the Adelaide defence was rewarded by the Uruguayan as he slotted his one-on-one effort past Paul Izzo

I know it would have to be me that found the error. Watch the 19 seconds highlights, it was MOH that found the feet of Bruno not Jamieson, he was involved earlier. MOH was involved in both goals. Hope that is enough for him to start the next match but not holding my breath.

• Like 1

Any detectives out there( @haz )that fill in the missing gaps in the back four. Or correct my assumptions.

Reading the report and watching the goals, I have assumed this line up based on his usual 4:2:3:1

…………………FORNAROLI

VIDOSIC……….. WALES………. O’HALLORAN

…………McGREE……… BRATTAN

..JAMIESON......?????...... SCHENKEVELD….?????

…………………GALEKOVIC

52 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Any detectives out there( @haz )that fill in the missing gaps in the back four. Or correct my assumptions.

Reading the report and watching the goals, I have assumed this line up based on his usual 4:2:3:1

…………………FORNAROLI

VIDOSIC……….. WALES………. O’HALLORAN

…………McGREE……… BRATTAN

..JAMIESON......?????...... SCHENKEVELD….?????

…………………GALEKOVIC

Delbridge (1st Picture on Instagram) and Atkinson (1st Goal Video on Instagram) were on the pitch 1st half.

Edited by haz

@haz Can we agree the team first half was. May not have been the formation

………......................…………FORNAROLI

....................VIDOSIC……….. WALES………. O’HALLORAN

……........................……McGREE……… BRATTAN

..JAMIESON......SCHENKEVELD…...DELBRIDGE.......AITKINSON

……………........................……GALEKOVIC

3 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

@haz Can we agree the team first half was. May not have been the formation

………......................…………FORNAROLI

....................VIDOSIC……….. WALES………. O’HALLORAN

……........................……McGREE……… BRATTAN

..JAMIESON......SCHENKEVELD…...DELBRIDGE.......AITKINSON

……………........................……GALEKOVIC

Yea I guess the only variation would be Vidosic for Wales

Just now, Inchcolm said:

My reasoning was, first goal Wales through the middle for and second goal Vidosic scored from the left. But the system could have been interchangeable. Thanks for the help.

This whole season is going to be people rotating

4 minutes ago, haz said:

From reports, WSW was at full strength.

Western Sydney Wanderers: 1.Dan NIZIC (gk), 5.Brendan HAMILL, 9.Oriel RIERA, 10.Alex BAUMJOHANN, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 15.Kearyn BACCUS, 17.Keanu BACCUS, 21.Tarek ELRICH, 24.Raul LLORENTE, 28.Roly BONEVACIA, 34.Patrick ZIEGLER

Second half substitutes: 6.Kosta GROZOS, 7.Nick FITZGERALD, 23.Lachlan SCOTT, 16.Jaushua SOTIRIO, 33.Tate RUSSELL, 8.Jordan O’DOHERTY, 12.Ruon TONGYIK

Unused substitutes: 50.Jack GREENWOOD (gk)

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/mariners-down-wanderers-3-0-pre-season-friendly

• Thanks 1

I read somewhere that there are going to be several closed-doors matches. The next public one is in Shepparton - on Friday 12th October against that rabble known as Western Sydney Wanderers. Seems like they don't want fans in Melbourne to see the team in pre-season. After last Wednesday perhaps understandable.

4 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

What did Joyce do last year, did he have weekly games to reinforce his tactics and decide on his best team or were they less frequent? Could anything be read into his last friendly line up and the one that played in game 1 were they similar?

He used preseason friendlies to get everyone fit.

After weeks of training our players should be fit. When you say fit can I take it you mean match fit. Therefore can we see his best 15 getting more game time than those are not? Or does he chop and change to give everyone at least a full game, to make sure all his squad is match fit for the first game

On 21/09/2018 at 6:50 PM, jw1739 said:

I read somewhere that there are going to be several closed-doors matches. The next public one is in Shepparton - on Friday 12th October against that rabble known as Western Sydney Wanderers. Seems like they don't want fans in Melbourne to see the team in pre-season. After last Wednesday perhaps understandable.

Game tomorrow apparently. Anyone know who it is against? Haz JW1739 you seem to be all over this stuff. Any idea who they play, where when - can you watch?

2 hours ago, citymad said:

Game tomorrow apparently. Anyone know who it is against? Haz JW1739 you seem to be all over this stuff. Any idea who they play, where when - can you watch?

Stephan mauk was in Preston according to his Instagram post so putting 2 and 2 together....BR I would say 

A couple of points about the match from the website's report:

• RDL was at RB and grew into the match
  • Brattan was dominant throughout
  • Wales and MOH burned a few chances but were lively
  • Vidosic converted the penalty
  • First half seemed to be the first XI, second half seemed to be the weaker XI
  • We created more chances but couldn't finish

43 minutes ago, Harrison said:

A couple of points about the match from the website's report:

I see Henrique scored for Brisbane. For some reason he always gives us a deal of trouble.

The report mentions Connor Metcalfe, which scotches the rumour that he had left the club.

43 minutes ago, Harrison said:

YA couple of points about the match from the website's report:

You seem to have some knowledge of the match. Can you please give the starting XI and where they played?

• Like 1