Melbourne Football

Melbourne City FC pre season 2018

Forever City

15 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I'd normally say settle down fellas but apparently some of you may simply be on your male period

https://www.thedailybeast.com/men-may-not-bleed-but-heres-why-they-have-periods

Just reading the title, this is something I would expect in the Cosmopolitan or Buzzfeed

9 minutes ago, bt50 said:

None of that please @Embee, you'll offend the female users like @Shahanga and @CityGirl

:tooth::tooth: This never gets old!

9 minutes ago, ABC123 said:

No friendly with Oakleigh either : ( 

looks like our friendly games will be Nth or Western suburbs.

Im waiting for more juicy rumours.... find out if the Senegal target is a defender or attacker

1 minute ago, rass said:

Take travel out as we'll. Pretty sure they'd have a match of some sort teed up though.

Eitherway, comparing our pre-seaon to Roar's so far, I would expect our team to be more rusty come the FFA cup match

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

Is there a friendly game or some sort of game next week. It would make sense to have one before the Newcastle game.

If there is it will probably be behind closed doors. Mostly likely is the intra club matches where they 1. Play three 45 minute slots 2. Shrowd in secrecy and 3. 2 or 3 unexplained injuries surface.

Predictions - bruno brace. La Rocca to get some minutes in and plays FFA game on performance. Caceres injury (3 weeks) and 1 youngster impresses the gaffer.

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Whats PT like to there?

EDIT: Just checked, didnt know it was in Whoop Whoop

Edited by haz
  • Haha 1

I think we could be playing a behind closed doors practice match against United in Adelaide. If you check Nathanial Atkinson's instagram (@Nattyakka) you can see a bus full of City boys kitted out in their training gear and the location tagged is Adelaide.

Edited by IssySG
  • Thanks 1

I do not understand the secrecy behind keeping quite about a game behind closed doors. I firmly believe communication between the fans and the club is important. I looked on their web site and Facebook page to trace or any indication of a warm up game, there was none. They are pushing membership and hospitality packages but it has to be a two way street. If they do not keep the fans informed and interested on the lead up to the season they may lose some before it starts.

I am an old fart and have just got my head around the web pages and Facebook but I have not reached Instagram, Twitter etc. Can some kind soul put an update or a report on this form about today's warm up game in Adelaide.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IssySG said:

I think we could be playing a behind closed doors practice match against United in Adelaide. If you check Nathanial Atkinson's instagram (@Nattyakka) you can see a bus full of City boys kitted out in their training gear and the location tagged is Adelaide.

Ah the annual intra-club pre-season match

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dylan said:

It’s behind closed doors because if it were open to the public they would have to (legally) have to have security, catering, stadium staff etc

That's just plain wrong.

Its to get some minutes into our new Marquee without anyone seeing how shit he is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

120 minutes to score against Brisbane. At least 90 minutes against Adelaide could not score. One goal in 210 minutes against A league opposition that must set alarm bells ringing. We will get a better assessment of today's game when we see who was playing and who was our main striker. 

1 minute ago, Inchcolm said:

120 minutes to score against Brisbane. At least 90 minutes against Adelaide could not score. One goal in 210 minutes against A league opposition that must set alarm bells ringing. We will get a better assessment of today's game when we see who was playing and who was our main striker. 

Conversely, 210 minutes against A-League oppo without conceding, which is a good thing. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Drain the swamp

Season over

Sack Joyce

Clone of Manchester

Bring back red & white

etc.

No need to stress its just a pre-season game.

Edited by haz

Just now, icantthinkofacoolname said:

Conversely, 210 minutes against A-League oppo without conceding, which is a good thing. 

Yes defensively that is sound but it goals that wins games clean sheet only guarantees a draw. If you want to finish in the top two you need to win games and this score 1 more than the opposition.

Melbourne City FC Starting XI: Galekovic, Atkinson Schenkeveld, Delbridge, Jamieson, Malik, Brattan, Vidosic, McGree, Wales, Fornaroli

Subs: Bouzanis, O’Halloran, J.Cavallo, Ahmed, Portelli

So, absentees were Griffiths, La Rocca, Caceres and the youngsters who played over the weekend - Najjarine etc.. We know when we look at the list that we are very short of players up front. Not surprising that we're not scoring IMO.

Surprised to see MOH on the bench again. He needs games, he played very little last season. No point in paying a lot of money for him to come half way round the world and not play him. As I have said before when he was at St Johnstone he always needed a match or two to get going.

I say a lot of money, I am assuming this as he was on £8,000 a week at Rangers if my calculations are correct that's almost 14,000 dollars a week (he had 2 years left on that contract). He was offered £3,000 a week at a number of Scottish clubs and that's over 5,000 dollars a week. So I would not expect him come here for less than that. 

17 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Surprised to see MOH on the bench again. He needs games, he played very little last season. No point in paying a lot of money for him to come half way round the world and not play him. As I have said before when he was at St Johnstone he always needed a match or two to get going.

I say a lot of money, I am assuming this as he was on £8,000 a week at Rangers if my calculations are correct that's almost 14,000 dollars a week (he had 2 years left on that contract). He was offered £3,000 a week at a number of Scottish clubs and that's over 5,000 dollars a week. So I would not expect him come here for less than that. 

Its pre-season