Melbourne Football

Michael O'Halloran

BearsOnTour

Just now, jw1739 said:

@JMSTEP123 What squad photograph? Who says he came off injured?

It's virtually impossible to get information on injuries. Malik and La Rocca being perfect examples.

The official photograph City released on social media today taken at yesterdays photo shoot. Cannot remember where I heard that he came off during the game limping - from someone who was there. 

Funny how lack of transparency about medical information is something that the club do so poorly. Should be an easy thing to do and one owed to members.

On 28/09/2018 at 3:57 PM, JMSTEP123 said:

The official photograph City released on social media today taken at yesterdays photo shoot. Cannot remember where I heard that he came off during the game limping - from someone who was there. 

Funny how lack of transparency about medical information is something that the club do so poorly. Should be an easy thing to do and one owed to members.

I can't see a squad photograph on either the club's Twitter or Facebook, but never mind.

Ah, I see it on Instagram. Also I see the following dialogue:

Time, I think, that we went back to realising that we are not "members" of anything. That is a completely misleading term used to describe what are season-ticket holders and nothing more than that. And I'm as sure as I can be that that situation is the same for all A-League clubs.

Nothing is owed to us except adherence to the terms of the season-ticket.

Image deleted

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I can't see a squad photograph on either the club's Twitter or Facebook, but never mind.

Ah, I see it on Instagram. Also I see the following dialogue:

image.png.31599d1e0fa21bc4304d3a273ff13400.png

Time, I think, that we went back to realising that we are not "members" of anything. That is a completely misleading term used to describe what are season-ticket holders and nothing more than that. And I'm as sure as I can be that that situation is the same for all A-League clubs.

Nothing is owed to us except adherence to the terms of the season-ticket.

Firstly, cheers for the info! 

Secondly, seems about right. Though if we want people to support and follow this club, focussing on building a relationship with members is crucial. Us rusted on folk aside, more people need to see the appeal. Its like entering a relationship, you ride the highs and lows, support and spend a lot of time thinking about it. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

@Inchcolm That exchange of tweets indicated to me that MO'H is not injured, but is absent from the club for another reason.

I think the team photo would take president over everything else. My conclusion rightly or wrongly is because he is incapacitated with an injury but only time will tell.

Edited by Inchcolm

8 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

I think the team photo would take president over everything else. My conclusion rightly or wrongly is because he is incapacitated with an injury but only time will tell.

Or he has been sitting on the Can at home all day with the shits

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rass said:

Wait a moment, apart from a troll post last week, where on earth does it say he's actually injured?

There was a post on the preseason thread

Another one on facebook it was stated 

Observations from the practice match bearing in mind I only saw the second half. O'Halloran and Wales will be deadly for us. Vidosic is an attacking midfielder not a striker. We lack that killer throughball. Most of the youngsters came on for at least half an hour so it's hard to judge a full game where our first team haven't played 90 minutes. Metcalfe looks ready and could feature this season and Pieras looked sharp. Big downer was seeing O'Halloran came off injured.

Your correct the club has bee silent on the injury. But I believe this is the norm, they do not communicate 

Edited by Inchcolm

24 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Your correct the club has bee silent on the injury. But I believe this is the norm, they do not communicate 

The club will tell you what it wants to tell you, not necessarily what you think you ought to know. You'll read about a "Mum's football Day" down in Woop Woop, or the signing of a W-League player you've never heard of, even though you think O'Halloran's supposed injury is far more important.

Mate, better get used to the "City way" if you're going to stick around.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can almost claim one green line already with my season predictions.

But, seriously, why does this occur every bloody season. Other clubs can get all their visas on the field for every match, but we never can. Germano, Engelaar, Koren, Brandan, Fornaroli, now O'Halloran...how many others?

59 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I can almost claim one green line already with my season predictions.

But, seriously, why does this occur every bloody season. Other clubs can get all their visas on the field for every match, but we never can. Germano, Engelaar, Koren, Brandan, Fornaroli, now O'Halloran...how many others?

Colazo, Hughes, Jakobsen, Duff

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Arzani as an on loan injury replacement? Some genuine 1st team football would benefit his fitness, as seems to be only getting limited game time in the development squad matches

Not sure you can loan an already loaned player.

5 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

Arzani as an on loan injury replacement? Some genuine 1st team football would benefit his fitness, as seems to be only getting limited game time in the development squad matches

Only in my wet dream

• 2 weeks later...

Just doing some google research (call me Dr Haz), I doubt MOH's injury will really be 12 weeks. I'm guessing that the 12 weeks has also factored in a few weeks for him to get back to match fitness.

Did anyone go to the event the other night? Did MOH look fine or did any one talk with him?