Melbourne Football

Market research?

TheStig

Ive done a few before (not for City). Basically just sit around for an hour and answer questions in a casual setting, piss easy money, especially the group interviews where you only talk for a total of 5 mins. 

Edited by hedaik

I checked out the Facebook page for the Market research firm involved called Farton Research. They are also offering $100 to interview people who have been to one city match but who are not members.

Edited by TheStig

29 minutes ago, TheStig said:

I checked out the Facebook page for the Market research firm involved called Farton Research. They are also offering $100 to interview people who have been to one city match but who are not members.

Do they do international supporters? would love a quick holiday away

56 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Fart on?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went along to see what it was all about and was pleasantly surprised. Basically a 1.5hr focus group session of supporters discussing the club. It was quite a nice group of supporters and it was great to hear different perspectives on what people thought worked and what didn't. One of the strangest questions though was when we were asked to associate both City and Victory with days of the week.  

I think I may have been in the same session as Nuggets above.

The discussion as quite robust with various ideas floating around. It will be interesting to see if anything comes of it. The $100 is a bonus.

I quite like these session. I hope I qualify for some more.

cheers Peter

Edited by TheStig
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheStig said:

One of the strangest questions though was when we were asked to associate both City and Victory with days of the week. 

City: Sunday. Starts off well, but ends up disappointed towards the end (always behind Monday).

Victory: Monday. Shittest day of the week.

Nope. We definitely didn’t talk about days of the week in my session.

They showed us some advertising slogans to get our thoughts on them. They asked us what they could do to improve city square to get people to come early and have a beer there instead of in various pubs. 

The most interesting thing they asked us about was the idea of the club focussing on exciting young local talent rather than marquee signings. 

22 minutes ago, haz said:

City: Sunday. Starts off well, but ends up disappointed towards the end (always behind Monday).

Victory: Monday. Shittest day of the week.

I've always felt Melbourne Heart/City reminds me of this scene, from homer falling off the cliff (Heart) to being saved (CFG) to him falling out the ambulance back off the cliff (our 'below par' results under CFG) ...

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

Nope. We definitely didn’t talk about days of the week in my session.

They showed us some advertising slogans to get our thoughts on them. They asked us what they could do to improve city square to get people to come early and have a beer there instead of in various pubs. 

The most interesting thing they asked us about was the idea of the club focussing on exciting young local talent rather than marquee signings. 

FWIW my opinion is that City Square and a lot of the marketing and presentation adopted by both City and FFA is directed at the younger demographics. There's not much in it for older people. Most of the people going to a City match go from their mode of transport directly into the ground and bypass the Square completely. Horse to water and all that.

My interpretation of the comments by Marwood a few weeks ago was that for the next three seasons at least we will indeed be focussing on home-grown talent and that there won't be much expenditure on imports of any category. It's an investment decision rather than a football one. I doubt that the opinions of members will change the direction in the short term.

2 hours ago, n i k o said:

I've always felt Melbourne Heart/City reminds me of this scene, from homer falling off the cliff (Heart) to being saved (CFG) to him falling out the ambulance back off the cliff (our 'below par' results under CFG) ...

I'll pay someone $2 if you they edit the video to have the Heart logo on homer's face. The ambulance has the Manchester city logo. And when homer falls out he has the Melbourne City logo

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, jeffplz said:

Give me my money cunt.

Pm me your PayPal buddy! This is gold!

Post this on FourFourTwo and reddit. I've watched it 8 times in a row

Edited by haz
  • Like 1